Pips For 2008 (1 Viewer)

Shoelia

HSC
The promiscuity one would be a bit hard to research too i think.

I think I've decided upon Australian Identy on a person level.. like what makes people feel Australian and whether or not it affects national identity. Cross cultural with adolescents and an elderly generation.

Any thoughts?

Wooohooo

HSC
Shoelia said:
The promiscuity one would be a bit hard to research too i think.

I think I've decided upon Australian Identy on a person level.. like what makes people feel Australian and whether or not it affects national identity. Cross cultural with adolescents and an elderly generation.

Any thoughts?
^ Shoelia, I think that one has been done many times before. Maybe you could go along with that theme but change the focus question (just slightly) so that its new and original? But still, the idea of what makes ppl Australian and identity is an interesting topic. Personally I have issues with that myself cos I was born in Australia and my dad is a white man, yet ppl always ask me, "Hey, what country are you from?". Then they see my Thai mother and go,.......... "ooooh". Idiots. Yeah, I guess you could look at things and ask questions like:

are you Australian if:
- you were born here?
- you look "white/anglo"?
- you have an Australian accent?
- you're culturally "Australian"?

things like that. Hell, it doesn't make sense to me. I've given up trying to be anything. Can't be perceived as Aussie, nor Asian. Nothing. Just a raceless brown girl to others.

Which brings me to my own PIP topic:

"To what extent do mixed-race adolescents feel alienated from their own heritage?" or something like that. Please suggest if this question/topic can be improved. Personally, it is obvious why I chose this one.

louiseivynuss

HSC
What are some course concepts from private vs public education in the employment industry. Im not quite sure how to narrow down my hypothesis and what type of methodologies i shall employ.

HSC
i am investigating how masculinity is constructed within the school environment. i havent focused it yet.

fatso134

HSC
hmm my pip topic is...

the reduction of ethnocentrism is seen through food choices made today.. ^^ hehehe purely cos i love food bwahahahah*

ooo and my case study is on maccas soo it basically links to.... globalisation and den globalisation leads to ... migration and immigration.. which leads to maccas all over the world.. which leads to .. interesting discoveries.. like.. how maccas has changed through the years to suit the society's wants and needs

^^ got my topic full planned now for the actual work of my pip ><;; i need help with writing my central does anyone noe where i can get a scaffold for the central material.. cos im just full lost right now ^^

Shoelia

HSC
Yeh, i'm so aware of how over done and simple it can turn out. I intend to take a cross cultural look at an older generation, and our teenage one. Looking at slang, migrants and multiculturalism... I need to do alot more...

Your topic is awesome though. There are so many people you could interveiw about that. My school is extrmely multicultural (the asian population is in the majority.. by far...). I know lots of people who feel identity less because they are of mixed race. it's a great tpoic idea.

~Natalie:)~

HSC
Hey guys
im doing my PIP on the stereotypes in the music industry and how artists are affected by these stereotypes. What does everyone think? And does anyone have an idea for a title, I have no title as yet. :(
thanks

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
my teacher said doing an ethnographic study will give u a good chance of getting a band 6
i am doing something on my asian identity in australia and ill probably do some comparison between here and china...

clearly amberr

HSC
im doing "is buddhism a new pop culture?"
what methodologies do you all think would be useful??
and who should i interview?

izzn'tshesuper

HSC
clearly said:
im doing "is buddhism a new pop culture?"
what methodologies do you all think would be useful??
and who should i interview?
my Society class went out to the Nan Tien temple for our Belief Systems excursion, we were there for like two days and one night. if you need to interview someone, go to the Nan Tien Temple. the monks they're are heaps nice and willing to help you with anything.
as for metholodologies, you could survey people in various age groups and classes.
i've heard that more "corporate" people are becomming buddhists
hope that helps

Sareuhh

HSC
I think that i'm going to do something along the lines of the difference in moral values and education in private vs public schools.
I've been to both so I have easy access for primary research etc.
Any other ideas or anybody from Public or Private schools who are willing to give their opion.. PM me :)

clearly amberr

HSC
izzn'tshesuper said:
my Society class went out to the Nan Tien temple for our Belief Systems excursion, we were there for like two days and one night. if you need to interview someone, go to the Nan Tien Temple. the monks they're are heaps nice and willing to help you with anything.
as for metholodologies, you could survey people in various age groups and classes.
i've heard that more "corporate" people are becomming buddhists
hope that helps
thanks!!! its a good idea.. im going there very very soon =]

bleu

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
ive had the same pip topic for my mini pip, which i got 25/30 for, so im feeling ok.

"social stigmas attached to single male foster parents"

i need to start sorting sources and interviews, thats the most tedious part apparently. once i start writing it should be ok, because im so interested in it.
so, yuh
whoa! please, correct me if i'm wrong, but did you say you're doing the SAME topic for your HSC pip that you did for your Mini Pip?!

That is completely prohibited. Your teacher has to sign off on the fact that their students didn't do the same topic for the HSC PIP as they did for prelim. Otherwise they're getting twice the time to do the PIP!

But yeah, if i misunderstood your post and you're not doing the same topic, i'm very sorry for the rant :rolleyes: , but if you are its totally unfair and totally disallowed.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i ended up deleting a post i wanted to edit, and then left a post that made no sense, so, yeah, scratch both of them.

i meant to say ive had the same idea for my major pip topic, since my mini pip; i found it while researching for my mini.

thats what posting so late at night does.

so yeah, no worries about the rant, lol, i should have double checked what i was syaing was accurate.

bleu

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
i ended up deleting a post i wanted to edit, and then left a post that made no sense, so, yeah, scratch both of them.

i meant to say ive had the same idea for my major pip topic, since my mini pip; i found it while researching for my mini.

thats what posting so late at night does.

so yeah, no worries about the rant, lol, i should have double checked what i was syaing was accurate.
lol yeah i'm sorry too!! But you sound as though your well on track with ur Pip, well done!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
bleu said:
lol yeah i'm sorry too!! But you sound as though your well on track with ur Pip, well done!
at the end of last year my class set up a PIP plan month by month and stuck it on the wall
youd be suprised how much it helps

overnightceleb

HSC
.My topic: Does the growing Pacific Islander dominance of rugby codes have a beneficial impact on both the game and the wider Pacific Island community? however not entirely sure on my cross cultural angle as of yet.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated :D

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
overnightceleb said:
.My topic: Does the growing Pacific Islander dominance of rugby codes have a beneficial impact on both the game and the wider Pacific Island community? however not entirely sure on my cross cultural angle as of yet.

Well that's different, pretty sure nobody else would be doing that exact topic :)
How does it fit into the syllabus?

4mand4

HSC
overnightceleb said:

imo pacific islanders and non-pacific islanders?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)