Polygamous marriages should be recognised: sheikh (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
you know who i fucking blame. i blame those retards that came from arabia. the ones who migrated here. not the ones who were born here.
they fucking ruin it for everyone. ok as a joke, every male wouldn't mind fucking 4 different wife's, but srsly, i don't think any Muslim that was born here would accept this simply because we have never been exposed to 4 mums.

anyways, i was in Pakistan last year for a few weeks, and this topic came up and allot of the youth weren't against it (i think its got to do with the fact they dont want to be called a non-Muslim) but simply didn't allow it or didn't want to follow having 4 wife's. BUT, i know a friend who works/lives in one of the gulf states and he told me it is very normal for the locals to have a few mums. so obviously there is a difference in Islamic culture in the arab states and the sub-continent countries.

ive also come to realize that allot of the Muslim are more religious and fundamental in the west (aus/uk/us) that in Muslim countries (im talking about the ones that migrated here, not the ones born). i think it has to do with immigrants trying to keep as much of their way of life with them. but, when i was in pak, allot of people were very liberal, didn't give a fuck, and simply coundnt care.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
i really couldn't give 6 shits as to how many wives a guy has
i was just :confused: as to how a guy having 6 wives was protecting the rights of women

In a sense, he's saying that his first wife has made life like heaven for him so he's willing to provide the same service, love and support to a second woman.
I dont get it, it sounds like a flimsy excuse for them to be allowed to have multiple wives.
why call it something it isnt, why not just say 'hay we want us a lot of women folk'

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I question the idea that you can have more than one wife and have an equal relationship with all of them. Isn't the point of marriage that you've found a person (one person) whom you love and care about enough to commit yourself to them for the rest of your life?

Leaving religion out of it (I understand that what I just described is a Christian viewpoint of marriage), I doubt that it's emotionally possible to commit yourself in that way to more than one person. Cue tension/jealousy/favouritism. It doesn't seem like it should work (clearly it has for some people but I wonder if they're as happy as they say they are sometimes).

boris

Banned
HSC
I don't know, I find it hard to accept that you can love this many people equally, and devote and share your time equally.
Not so much for the guy, but I find it hard as a woman accepting that these chicks don't get jealous or insecure.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
boris said:
I don't know, I find it hard to accept that you can love this many people equally, and devote and share your time equally.
Not so much for the guy, but I find it hard as a woman accepting that these chicks don't get jealous or insecure.
i remeber a few years back a guy had 2 wifes and he wanted to get married again and so he did. anyways, the first 2 wifes noticed that he wasnt spending enough time with them so they planeed and kill off the thrid wife. lol

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I question the idea that you can have more than one wife and have an equal relationship with all of them. Isn't the point of marriage that you've found a person (one person) whom you love and care about enough to commit yourself to them for the rest of your life?

Leaving religion out of it (I understand that what I just described is a Christian viewpoint of marriage), I doubt that it's emotionally possible to commit yourself in that way to more than one person. Cue tension/jealousy/favouritism. It doesn't seem like it should work (clearly it has for some people but I wonder if they're as happy as they say they are sometimes).
Seconded.
Perhaps it should be called something other than marriage, if there are multiple participants; because marriage, I feel, is the way you described it, between two people.

Btw emy, I think the reason they were allowed to do it in the time of Mohammed was to assist the woman if she was in some sort of hardship, such as financial. Apparently.
Also, I mean they should fuck off to wherever its legal. I'd rather we didn't get taken over by a Muslim way of life, personally. I kinda like it how it is.

And I just did a large-ish assessment on Islam, so I'm a touch bitter.

I fully intend to have a monogamous relationship with the one person. Something about that seems far more sacred? Or am I just insane and old fashioned?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
to all those people who think we are going to taken over by muslim way of life your fucking retarted.

1) who gives a fuck what people to in their house. if its a muslim way of like them so fucking be it.
2)you cant get taken over by 0.5% of the population.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Define 'taken over'. Lol, legalising polygamous marriages would probably be the first step. Obviously they have some sort of power, seeing as they made such big news with it?
I dunno, perhaps I am fucking retarded.

Still, fuck off with your polygamy.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
To be honest I have no problem with polyamorous/polygamous relationships AS LONG AS it's equal for men and women.

HOWEVER, I don't agree with multiple tax benefits.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Hollieee said:
Define 'taken over'. Lol, legalising polygamous marriages would probably be the first step. Obviously they have some sort of power, seeing as they made such big news with it?
I dunno, perhaps I am fucking retarded.

Still, fuck off with your polygamy.
tell me how its fucking take over. the US allows polygomy marraiges, its not taken over my muslim. STFU and get the fuck off watching fox news wake up to reality you turd.

JSBboag

HSC
I do legal studies and have addressed this issue.
Our socity and law reflects a Christendom concept which can be defined as 'a voluntary union for life of one man and woman, to the exclusion of all others' which it outlined in the case Hyde v. Hyde and Woodmansee (1866).
Now your argument is to achieve rights for those women in a polygamous realtionships. Well our law although establishs void status for those involved in a polgamous relationship it does however allow recognition for those caught in this situation entering into Australia. They can obtain matrimonial relief (under section 6 of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth)) they can obtain property settlements, child maintenance, spousal maintenance and violence orders, and they can enter into parenting plans - (seen in the case Khan v. Khan (1963)). Rights are clearly achieved witin the legal process.

Also, you should not be just looking at the relationship status but rather other 3rd parties to this siutation (polygamous). For example Children...Who is the mother to the child if the relaionship breaks down?

Also, someone stated we should abolish the Marriage Act 1961 - this statement is highly invalided because our law reflects societies views. Our society wants to establish protection and recognition for those involved in marriages. This is also established within International law which highlights that marrigage is the most important aspect within society. And therefore, needs the required protection which can be found wihin the Marriage Act 1961.

Last edited:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
What's wrong with dicking around? Meh

But yea, marriage sucks mouldy cookies. Whoever thought we could keep that going in this day and age is insane. Just lets us all screw whoever we want.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
bigboyjames said:
tell me how its fucking take over. the US allows polygomy marraiges, its not taken over my muslim. STFU and get the fuck off watching fox news wake up to reality you turd.
Fox news gives you terrorist mooslims a fair go to defend your backwords relegen, but everytime the correspondent win in every debate with you mooslims.

Mooslims now in the United States are making other anglo saxons a minority in their country. They have to put up with them terrorists in the air port and if anyone checks them if they have a bomb in their shirt they are called racist.

but mooslim isnt even a race, its a relegen of the moon good that why they always use a moon, and the man was a delusional pedophile who spread the relegen by the sword.

ARYAN PRIDE!
Whiteliness is next to Godliness.

MOOSLIMS GETTTT OUTTT OF OUR COUNTRY
YOU DIRTY CUNTS

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
sam04u said:
Fox news gives you terrorist mooslims a fair go to defend your backwords relegen, but everytime the correspondent win in every debate with you mooslims.

Mooslims now in the United States are making other anglo saxons a minority in their country. They have to put up with them terrorists in the air port and if anyone checks them if they have a bomb in their shirt they are called racist.

but mooslim isnt even a race, its a relegen of the moon good that why they always use a moon, and the man was a delusional pedophile who spread the relegen by the sword.

ARYAN PRIDE!
Whiteliness is next to Godliness.

MOOSLIMS GETTTT OUTTT OF OUR COUNTRY
YOU DIRTY CUNTS
ok, listen you dick funk, before you start going on message board you should at least finish off your fucking ESL classes because i didn't understand anything..

translation please?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
bigboyjames said:
ok, listen you dick funk, before you start going on message board you should at least finish off your fucking ESL classes because i didn't understand anything..

translation please?
go back to afganistan we dont want your kind here
need more translation?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:

translation please?
Dude he's trolling.

k virgin

HSC
N/A
P_Dilemma said:
What's wrong with dicking around? Meh

But yea, marriage sucks mouldy cookies. Whoever thought we could keep that going in this day and age is insane. Just lets us all screw whoever we want.
k, virgin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)