portfilio HELP (1 Viewer)

HSC
jirwin said:
i wanted to use black paper but didn't know where to get it from so i just got white

art stores and places like office works sell them also some newsagents, art stores sell all different sizes from A6 - A2 (postcard to poster) which are good quality but quite expensive

how did you guys get so much information for your folios i have about 9000 word and im about a 1/3 of the way through but i also have had to restart about a month ago when i was half the way through bummer but it is time consuming but fun!

Last edited:

DaVinci09

HSC
N/A
if u try to go onto micorsoft.com u can find some templates or you could just leave it plain or make one up yourself. if it didn't occur to u, nobody will give you there MDP for plagiarism reasons.

anyway, good luck.

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
If its a page layout you want i can show you mine from last year. If thats any good to anyone. May give you some ideas

obelisk

HSC
yeah im trying to make mine loook good so far im behind but i should be finsihed before the dead line

lilmissloz

HSC
The folio is sooo annoying!
I'm attempting to draw my project on AutoSketch and I don't like AutoSketch.
In the end I'm gonna have nowhere near as many as the pages I need.

Evilo

HSC
lilmissloz said:
The folio is sooo annoying!
I'm attempting to draw my project on AutoSketch and I don't like AutoSketch.
In the end I'm gonna have nowhere near as many as the pages I need.
My project (although im good at computers) would never look right on software, so i just reverted to paper. Dont be afraid to show your hand drawing skills.

I think people are over estimating the use of presentation for marks. Throwing bundles of cash at your project wont get you marks. i spent $125 on materials, bought a folder, lots of A3 plastic sleeves, and a ream of A3 paper. I look back on it now, and it was well organised - and was aligned with the marking criteria. Markers dont want to be flicking back and forth through your papers looking for things. Make it nice, but not over the top.

Keep it simple, keep it interesting. To be honest if you think black paper will get you 10 extra marks, i wouldnt count on it. From my experience the people who used black paper, bought it in A3 sheets then stuck the white A4 sheet in the middle i.e. used to "fill up" the folio and got poor(er) marks.

lilmissloz

HSC
Evilo said:
My project (although im good at computers) would never look right on software, so i just reverted to paper. Dont be afraid to show your hand drawing skills.

I think people are over estimating the use of presentation for marks. Throwing bundles of cash at your project wont get you marks. i spent $125 on materials, bought a folder, lots of A3 plastic sleeves, and a ream of A3 paper. I look back on it now, and it was well organised - and was aligned with the marking criteria. Markers dont want to be flicking back and forth through your papers looking for things. Make it nice, but not over the top.

Keep it simple, keep it interesting. To be honest if you think black paper will get you 10 extra marks, i wouldnt count on it. From my experience the people who used black paper, bought it in A3 sheets then stuck the white A4 sheet in the middle i.e. used to "fill up" the folio and got poor(er) marks.
I can't draw, that's my problem =[
Although I think hand drawing will be easier than using stupid AutoSketch.
Those tips are great and I'll keep them in mind when compiling my folio =]

Evilo

HSC
Just try your best lilmissloz
Maybe draw the shape of a box or something and fit your project inside the box - keep the box as a light outline. :)

`mz.amyz

HSC
Im learning how to draw on auto-sketch and its a PAIN IN DA ASS! >__< it just doesnt seem to work out for me. although the teacher told us that we all have to do it.
for my folio layout.. i was thinking of doing it a mix of yellow.. because yellow represents happieness? and ive used Black a3 paper as the 3 main title backgrounds.. and used 2 matchin colors of ribbon.. for each section.. almost scrap booking. but i dont know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)