Post your CSSA MARKS HERE! (1 Viewer)

jniranjan

HSC
you seem pretty set for 90+ to me.
You're kidding me, right? English(only Paper 1 is being included), I'm expecting around 78%, and 3 u maths, around 50-55%. I mean, I haven't done that bad in all my other assessments. So maybe there's a slim chance???

Dylanamali

HSC
My marks ! :)

Biology 84% 3rd (lost to this dylan amali guy the starter of thread)
Ancient history 93.5% - 1st
Maths - 97%- 1st
Ext maths - 67% - duno rank quite bad lol
English i think i got around 70% :(
soz bra =P,
good work in your 2 unit mathematics. Why no 4u? =)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it just me or is there always 1 or 2 subjects in which you bomb out and it spoils the other results?
Chem, Bio, MX2, English and SOR2 were my bomb subjects. But My lowest exam rank was =6th?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
This is madness if i don't get pro for english and eco tomoz im gonna rage... (2nd is predicted for each subject!!)

chels777

HSC
i think i bombed chem 67% 4/20 but so far am happy with all my other results hopefully i should be able to scrape 92.05

Dylanamali

HSC
i think i bombed chem 67% 4/20 but so far am happy with all my other results hopefully i should be able to scrape 92.05
hmm your result might not have been what you desired, but your rank seems to have been okay. So if your happy with your other results, you should still be able to achieve highly =)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm your result might not have been what you desired, but your rank seems to have been okay. So if your happy with your other results, you should still be able to achieve highly =)
you're*

hotmess

HSC
Biology 85%, dunno rank but top 10/45, average was 60%. Highest mark was like 93%, lowest was 35% :S I'm worried about such a big range, does that affect scaling?
English Advanced 68% not so great, but our english teachers are roughh. No idea rank at all yet
Senior Science 80% don't know rank for that either
Legal Studies 80% very happy with that mark, my best legal mark all year! and also no rank yet but average was .
General Maths 74% rank was 17/59, average was 61%. we were all a bit shocked, first time no-one got in the 90's

School rank = somewhere either side of 20th (last year was 22, year before 18 or around about there)

I'm hoping to get an ATAR at/above 92, last year half the year got 90+ so I think if we do as well in the HSC this year, I should be ok? We'll see!

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
amazing 3u english mark. i got 24/25 for the essay and 20/25 for the creative. arguably the most irritating creative question they could have asked (romanticism)
Dude you have no idea. The stimulus was so stupid! A twitter profile!? Lol seriously!? argh. Stupid CSSA writers. I do textual dynamics, and yeah it was really hard. I swear, I had some divine intervention that day. I re-read it and it was surprisingly better than I thought. I basically scrapped my prepared story and wrote a new one based on the stimulus and used aspects of my belonging story. Absolute fluke lol.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Biology 85%, dunno rank but top 10/45, average was 60%. Highest mark was like 93%, lowest was 35% :S I'm worried about such a big range, does that affect scaling?
Yes you have a long tail for Biology. However, if your in the top 10 and you have 45 people doing the course, your towards the top. Scaling normally effects the middle, the rubber band is stretched, but is the 35% an outlier or did the bottom consistently get 35-45%?

Remember the scaling can only affect your assessment mark, and if your in the top ten, say 7th, you will get the 7th highest exam mark as your assessment mark, regardless of your exam mark, if the top 7 are performing good and are all bunched up, there is no reason why you will be 'scaled down'.

Btw, good work on Legal :). Pick up the English and i'm sure you'll get that 92 ATAR :p

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Only subject we both do.
Our top was 95% and average was like 69%. Not sure on lowest yet though. I think my cohort will do well this year. :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes you have a long tail for Biology. However, if your in the top 10 and you have 45 people doing the course, your towards the top. Scaling normally effects the middle, the rubber band is stretched, but is the 35% an outlier or did the bottom consistently get 35-45%?

Remember the scaling can only affect your assessment mark, and if your in the top ten, say 7th, you will get the 7th highest exam mark as your assessment mark, regardless of your exam mark, if the top 7 are performing good and are all bunched up, there is no reason why you will be 'scaled down'.

Btw, good work on Legal :). Pick up the English and i'm sure you'll get that 92 ATAR :p
you're*
How you do EE2 is beyond me.
Btw, your info is wrong.

hotmess

HSC
I think there was about 6 fails, but I'm pretty confident that the 35% is an outlier. Other fails i've heard of were 48's and 49's.
Gosh English is miserable, after every assessment my whole class is all demoralised. But then the teacher goes "yeahh 14/20 for, say mod B, is really good!! If you're getting that then be happy!"
I find it a bit hard to be though, especially with a mark like that. At least I didn't fail like some.

Bring on the 18ths! After trials, I feel I deserve some fun :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)