Post your CSSA MARKS HERE! (3 Viewers)

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
Why is it that everyone is fucking getting top 5 for everything in this forum?? I'm starting to suspect that some people are altering their ranks.
I agree. But (without sounding arrogant) most people's schools here aren't in top 100.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree. But (without sounding arrogant) most people's schools here aren't in top 100.
so what?? being top in a school that isn't in the top 100 range is considered bad?? gtfo...

sorry we're not all intelligent kids who go selective schools and get 99+++ atar ...

i'm proud of myself no matter what my school rank is...

Blushii

HSC
Would there be a large discrepancy between the 'harshness' of the marking between schools of substantially different rankings if they all did the catholic paper? Don't the teacher's get a marking criteria or something they need to adhere to?

I know of course there will be a slight difference, but to what extent?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Would there be a large discrepancy between the 'harshness' of the marking between schools of substantially different rankings if they all did the catholic paper? Don't the teacher's get a marking criteria or something they need to adhere to?

I know of course there will be a slight difference, but to what extent?
the marking criteria provided for teachers is a load of bullshit especially for subjects like english.... there is no way the teachers look at the criteria when marking essays especially in my school.... its personal preference and opinion i swear.... but my assumption is that no there is no levels in differences of harshness between markers due to school ranks thats highly false.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Whilst I agree the criteria to mark English is vague and poorly written, there is a discrepancy between say an A range response as opposed to a B range essay.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
so what?? being top in a school that isn't in the top 100 range is considered bad?? gtfo...

sorry we're not all intelligent kids who go selective schools and get 99+++ atar ...

i'm proud of myself no matter what my school rank is...
I meant that sometimes marking is a bit more lenient than in higher-ranked schools. And actually I don't go to a selective school, but my school is ranked 20th in the state.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I meant that sometimes marking is a bit more lenient than in higher-ranked schools. And actually I don't go to a selective school, but my school is ranked 20th in the state.
I beg to differ.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Nup. All my shit was marked harshly it's just the ranking that you see not the mark. So how would you be able to judge?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
lol really 20th in the state is still a top school and pretty much equivalent to selective schools in terms of academics o_O .. and again the fact that you mention leniency is a load of bs....... i can't believe you're so arrogant..

Dylanamali

HSC
I actually have to agree with arob.. I go to a really poorly ranked school - 280ish
And I can see how some teachers are more lenient in their marking, particularly in the longer 7/6/5 mark responses in bio,
and occasionally in english.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I actually have to agree with arob.. I go to a really poorly ranked school - 280ish
And I can see how some teachers are more lenient in their marking, particularly in the longer 7/6/5 mark responses in bio,
That's above average derp.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
sorry gotta disagree on this one also

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
krnofdrg, what are you views?

this thread = tl;dr
hmmm i guess my views tend to oppose everyone on this forum lol.. but yeah i may be wrong or right..

i just believe there is no such thing as leniency no matter what school you go lol really...... private, public, catholic, selective.. Mehh.. my belief is that marks are based on teacher's opinion/preference/attitude for subjects like english and anything that incorporates essays/reports. thats what i believe << pretty unorthodox perspective though lol..

and yeah schools like mine (rank 205) they mark so harsh its not funny =.= teachers hate me or something.. (maybe cause of my agonising writing hahahha)

Blushii

HSC
91% for maths extension 1, WOOT! Thought I totally stuffed that up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)