Post your Major Work! (1 Viewer)

bubble_tea

Choctop said:
Okay, after months of hiding behind the rest of you amazingly talented artists (Not-That-Bright, I'm looking at you!), I've decided to put up a bit of my artwork. The theme was Alice In Wonderland. I did mostly digital photography. The photos I've put up are 'postmodern interpretations' (lame, I know) of Tweedledum and Tweedledee, then the scene where Alice finds the bottle that says 'Drink Me' and lastly I took the looking glass bit and twisted it around so that my Alice is trapped in (or maybe out! oooh subjectiiiiiive!) the looking glass. I did some other scenes as well but I can't be bothered putting them up.

Two more things:

- The girls in the first photo aren't twins. It's digital magic.
- My apologies for the poor quality of the first photo. I had to shrink the size and thus the quality.
I love the pepsi one! haha, they should pay u for advertising their product

pegson

HSC
my beast

here is my bow i submitted. these images are on canvas of 2 sizes one is about 1.2 m by 90 cm while the others 40 by 40 i think. These are done using texta and are just of really mangled but simple creatures. Upload in no particular order

CookE

HSC
hey *pegson*, your works are really kool, they remind me of simpsons, i couldn't really read the writings, but i liked them.....and "not that bright*- your works are really amazing, i wouldn't be surprised to see your work in the gallery next year....very kool, i wanna throw mine in the bin now that i looked at yours, my ones are soo bad compared to yours.....i loved your work.... :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
dude post urs up if u got a picture :D,

I'm heaps glad people been complimenting me... obviously cuz i've been posting up my majorwork at every possible occasion.... lol :(

Also to pegson,
They look great i had some drawings kinda like that in my art diary, how big are those ? just like normal a4?

CookE

HSC
My ones were all painting and textile works, my teacher did take a photo, but i don't have a copy of them.....

CookE

HSC
um...my paintings were okayy...but we got soo carried away with textiles and threads that nearly every1 in the class had some sort of textile materials incorporated with their work....it was kind of weird esp when other ppl ( who don't do art) couldn't tell them apart...... :uhhuh: ....there were (i think 3) other ppl who did something to do with graphics and digital stuff, but as i said, in the end they ended up using threads and textile materials as well......

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol
it's probably cuz they thought it was fun... or something weird like that,
probably sux when they see a bunch of art that all looks the same comming out of one school tho.

CookE

HSC
i know, thats what everyone was worried abt......but, yeah, it was fun.....we sort of copied each other, but tended to ignore the fact that we are copying of each others ideas......but it turned out well in the end, we were all sort of happy with ours....hopefully ppl frm our school made it to the selection pool....

Caboodles

whoa Pegson those pictures are cool! I definately love cartoons.
Hmm I should probably post all of my pictures on here eh....*scampers off to use Photoshop to stick them all together*
Heya NTB I am trying to try and gain some basic skills in 3dsmax....you know how to use it? and do you think beginning with internet based tutorials would be a good idea? * doesn't wanna buy a hell expensive book on how to learn* I am such a scab lol :D

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
there's no problem with internet based tutorials, its a hard program to learn for sure.
There's alot of tutorials around for doing abstract 3d stuff, the problem with them is that your stuff ends up looking like everyone elses (i think it's best to mix some of your own experimentation with the 3d).
Then start learning some basic modelling, get the feel for that..do some harder tutorials and you should be set, just you have to remember.. it's pretty boring working in 3dsmax (unlike photoshop), and often it can take hours before you see any result.

Jase

HSC
Hey thats a neat idea. You have the whole class make on ultra big good work. And then get into art-express as a class effort.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Holy shit. I have just trolled through all 19 pages and looked at every single major work here. It really boggles the mind how talented some people are, on day one of year 12 art you start of with a blank page in your VAPD and one year later... PHWOAR!

I seriously cannot wait for artexpress next year, personally i thought this year's was a bit mediocre but hopefully next year's will be a bigger variety, and of course will contain some of you lot's stuff!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You're a nice guy.

But seriously, every year i went to art express since i can remember i just sat around bagging out heaps of poeples works, i doubt anything will be different this year lol

cuivienen

HSC
I sort of do the same thing...usually question why some works were choosen for the exhibition when some of them have no depth conceptually...but next year, even if my painting isn't chosen out of the selection pool, i'll be keeping an open mind about next years selections...I'm sure that all the final works chosen have conceptual depth and strength, so i'll try to remember that when looking at the works...

Jase

HSC
lol. so true. I stopped bagging out works last year when i realised i probably couldn't do any better.

Anyone remember last years artexpress, there was this blue wavy water painting that was just .. blue wavy watery stuff. Well the artist of that painting came here to bos, and the other students were fully bagging it out..
but you shouldn't bag out anyone's works , chances are they put ALOT of effort, intellectual at least if not physical, into their work.

but yeh. i found this pretty amusing.. small world:

old thread that Choctop started

MeZz

HSC
Here's my BOW.... any predictions on the possible band???

SmiLeyZ

hey mezz...have u selected??
is it done by acrylics or oils...looks nice man!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)