Proposed ban on toplessness at beaches (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I'm racist. I believe there are inherent, intractable differences between races.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
exactly

the average person, rightly or wrongly, considers breasts offensive
Actually, they don't.

But there is certainly a vocal minority of social conservatives who believe most people consider breasts offensive.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
the statement "most people in australia are offended by breasts and would want them banned"
I'd say there's no evidence for that. Where is the groundswell of public support? Where are the socially conservative activist groups?

I wouldn't say the majority of people support legalising marijuana, but nonetheless 10'000 people a year gather for mardi grass.

bigb0yjames

HSC
to tell you the truth, if i was with my family and i saw a lady on a beach topless i would feel awkward around my mum. like really really awkward.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
the statement "most people in australia are offended by breasts and would want them banned"

is not the same as the statement "I am offended by breasts and want them banned"
Cool man, thanks for qualifying yourself :)

It's nice to see you still have your balls.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
bigb0yjames said:
to tell you the truth, if i was with my family and i saw a lady on a beach topless i would feel awkward around my mum. like really really awkward.
well unless it's your mum with her tits out, what is there to be awkward about?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
What will happen if this proposal goes through.

1) No more kids/teens perving at older women's boobs.
2) Less old men on the beach.
3) More jelly fish on the beach as old men tend to deliberately step on them while they're perving to act tough.
4) More muslims on the beach.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
1. It's a teens right, nay , initiation into manhood to ogle breasts on the beach
2. Old men aren't there for the tits, they're there for the little boys ogling the breasts
3. Wot?
4. Dude, Muslims can go on the beach all they want, but if they don't want to see titties maybe they should become less upfuckingtight.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Now this is outrageous.

I demand all the young teenage women protest this by marching naked.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
I find half naked women on a beach embarrassing.
I don't know how I feel about a ban. I'd probaby just move away from the person, idk.

HSC
Graney said:
I'm racist. I believe there are inherent, intractable differences between races.
You can believe that there are inherent differences between racial groups (I don't), without being racist. Racism implies a relationship of persecuation, whereas you seem to support a sought of empirically grounded recognition that different racial groups tend towards particular physical abilities, intelligence etc.

It's not racism unless you're happy to see other racial groups marginalised and/or attacked for belonging to their particular racial group. At least according to dictionary.com :<

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Silver Persian said:
Racism implies a relationship of persecuation, whereas you seem to support a sought of empirically grounded recognition that different racial groups tend towards particular physical abilities, intelligence etc.
I'd say racism potentially means both those things.

I'd fit half the definitions here: define:racism - Google Search

"the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races "
"The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes"
"Racism includes the belief that genetic or inherited differences produce the inherent superiority or inferiority of one race over another."

The idea that races could be in any way different is threatening to a lot of people, so you get pc-tards denying that even though it's pretty well proven that black people are inherently better at athletics, there's no possible way race could influence population level trends in other fields such as intelligence. I have no particular predjudice in this regard at present, but there is emerging, controversial research in this field and we should certainly be open to the possibility.

HSC
Budgie smuggled penises creep me out way more than boobs, even old boobs.

Also as quite a few people have pointed out, then whats with breast feeding in public? A guy wrote in to the Telegraph yesterday saying he always sits in cafes and huge Mums will just pull out a bewb and let their young suckle in full view of eating customers.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Graney said:
I'd say there's no evidence for that. Where is the groundswell of public support? Where are the socially conservative activist groups?

I wouldn't say the majority of people support legalising marijuana, but nonetheless 10'000 people a year gather for mardi grass.
Now that's a real vocal minority

Public perception is reflected in things like TV ratings, and indecent exposure laws.

Try showing a boob during 6pm TV.

HSC
"If you're on the beach do you want somebody with crispy old budgie smugglers next to you when you're there with the kids," he said.
Hell no!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
Public perception is reflected in things like TV ratings, and indecent exposure laws.
And proposals for internet censorship...

tomm2096

HSC
seeing chicks with mad boobs at the beach makes your day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)