Quality music has run low ? (1 Viewer)

roadcone

HSC
theres crap music from any time... u just got to find the good stuff

HSC
its been said before, but dont be fooled.
mainstream music has pretty much always sucked.
you only think old music is good because all the crap mainstream at the time was flash in the pan shit, and no one's heard from it since.

i have a box full of 100% hits equivalent LP's from the 60,70 and 80s, and most of it i had never heard of because it sucks arse and no one remembers it.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
mcdick is right on that one, ever notice that of 40 years of hits to pick from, 2WS plays about 25 songs.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
2days music is being mass produced

thats y there's no artist that has a really long use-by date

look at shows like idol and x-factor. they mock the hard work and struggle of all the bands/solo artists who spend yrs tryn 2 make it big

wat these shows do, is take an untalented artist and turns them into a 'pop star'. but wat is a 'pop star'??? just sum random prick or slutty dressing gurl who makes a few bucks and disappears

the problem with the shit music 2day, is the shit society who cant get enough of them

4 good music head 2 the past, give me sum doors ova justin timberlake any day

also, there r sum good bands out there. u will find they r the ones not on radio

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
kenoath i second that fornstar... well said once again

dy357lx

fornstar said:

look at shows like idol and x-factor. they mock the hard work and struggle of all the bands/solo artists who spend yrs tryn 2 make it big

wat these shows do, is take an untalented artist and turns them into a 'pop star'. but wat is a 'pop star'??? just sum random prick or slutty dressing gurl who makes a few bucks and disappears

the problem with the shit music 2day, is the shit society who cant get enough of them

also, there r sum good bands out there. u will find they r the ones not on radio
for sure.

besides rnb, rap, dance and pop (which i dont personally class as music), there is nothing of any quality being produced.

all the good music is in the past, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, AC/DC, Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple the list is a long and great one.

The only rock bands that are doing well have merely stolen riffs and ideas from older bands and repackaged them to make money. (Jet I'm looking at you, nice AC/DC riffs you've stolen, as well as the lyrics to 'look what you've done' being practically identical to a Beatles song, good work lads) and bands like the Darkness as well, although i think the darkness are awesome, they are only emulating older bands like Queen who are irreplacable.

Modern music sucks mostly, and its a bloody shame

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
fornstar said:

Dude, 99% of the mainstream music produced since the mid 60s has been manufactured pop, its just the stuff that wasnt that gets remembered.

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
dy357lx said:
all the good music is in the past, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, AC/DC, Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple the list is a long and great one.
and metallica :D

dy357lx

nuffsaid said:
and metallica :D
pre Bob Rock Metallica definitley, post black album metallica, sadly not

if you want thrash metal listen to anthrax or testament instead or even megadeth (tho not really a fav)

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
dy357lx said:
pre Bob Rock Metallica definitley, post black album metallica, sadly not

if you want thrash metal listen to anthrax or testament instead or even megadeth (tho not really a fav)
well said nilsson

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Grobus said:
Dude, 99% of the mainstream music produced since the mid 60s has been manufactured pop, its just the stuff that wasnt that gets remembered.
exactly man

proving my point that the 'music' ppl listen 2day wont b remembered, cause its all mass produced

the problem is, is wat will b remembered from this decade???

britney spears any1???

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
fornstar said:
exactly man

proving my point that the 'music' ppl listen 2day wont b remembered, cause its all mass produced

the problem is, is wat will b remembered from this decade???

britney spears any1???
I dont know, but it might not necessarily be the highest selling artists.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Grobus said:
bac 2 ur other post, i dont totally agree

the doors, lets take 4 example, where a massive group in the mid 60s

sure they might of been like the beatles, but they were pretty big

they r still remembered & im sure they sold many a record

i think highest selling artists of the past r more deserving then the present

dy357lx

Grobus said:
highest selling albums don't always denote the best music in my personal opinion, and also people tend to look at only 'westernised' american and australian music charts, metal and rock are incredibly popular over in most european nations (sadly however most modern metal also falls sub-par, and mainly consists of metal bands with harsh vocals, of which im not a fan)

look to the past people, history isnt just awesome because I'm the historian bloke, but it also holds the best music (although there are many 'pop' artists in the past as well, which are to be avoided)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
fornstar said:
bac 2 ur other post, i dont totally agree

the doors, lets take 4 example, where a massive group in the mid 60s

sure they might of been like the beatles, but they were pretty big

they r still remembered & im sure they sold many a record

i think highest selling artists of the past r more deserving then the present
There were way bigger selling artists than The Doors who are lesser remembered. How many people do you know who still talk about albums like Surreal Pillow? Hell, Jefferson Airplane are still relatively remembered compared to most of the music that has passed the revisionist radar.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
wat im tryn 2 say, is that mass produced singers/bands r shit

and its cause of them that this era of music will b a black page in the history of music

it doenst matter if u sell one cd or 10 million

bob dylan, the doors, the beatles, the rolling stones ... all massive names, all sold heaps of records

remembered not cause they sold many records, but because of their music

its all bout the music man

and im sad 2 say, that in the yr 2005 music is no longer bout the music!!!

we have record companys using henry fords production line makn clones ppl regard as 'artists'

thats wat im tryn 2 say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)