Queensland State Election 09 (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Thanks for sharing your "insight" with us once again, Lentern. :confused:
Someone has to challenge your cock and bull logic. I defy you to tell me there isn't a huge parrallel between the political course of the two governments? Long term premier is re-elected twice with ease, steps down midway through his third term, hands over to a newer, less "political" figure who rides on their newness and a relatively weak opposition to an easy re-election before all the wheels start coming off the wagon. People forget it was only two years ago we elected Morris Iemma.

spiny norman

HSC
Springborg has stepped down as leader of the LNP.

So, what went wrong with the opinion polls? They were remarkably consistent throughout the campaign.
Given it looks to me it's ended up with Labor 51 to LNP's 49, it's not that far off? 2% is reasonably accurate (or 1% from the exit polls).

Anyway, look at my prediction earlier in this thread. I'm pretty sure I won the tipping contest.

badquinton304

HSC
Springborg has stepped down as leader of the LNP.

So, what went wrong with the opinion polls? They were remarkably consistent throughout the campaign.
Because near neck-and-neck poll favors incumbent.

badquinton304

HSC
Given it looks to me it's ended up with Labor 51 to LNP's 49, it's not that far off? 2% is reasonably accurate (or 1% from the exit polls).

Anyway, look at my prediction earlier in this thread. I'm pretty sure I won the tipping contest.
Yeah thats about right I think its 1.8 now.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
"Anna Bligh intends to flex her new political muscle when she gets back to work.

She wants to handpick her own Ministry this week and sidestep traditional Labor factions - something that's likely to put a few noses out of joint."

Good. Fuck the factions.

Lentern

HSC
Because near neck-and-neck poll favors incumbent.
Ya, the theory pertains to incumbent mp's allready having built up a relationship with their electorate so in an oversimplified way of putting it a state swing of 4% might translate into an average swing of six percent in seats the LNP allready hold and only 2% in government seats. This table shows it pretty well, only three incumbent governments in our history have won the vote but lost the election. The inverted scenario, governments losing the vote but winning the election, happens much more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)