Question 3 | 4 | 5 (2 Viewers)

Yeah, Im a bit worrried.
I didnt like that question, and i diasagreed with it. I basically said that although the journey is important and is the means of arriving at a destination i.e. outcome, it is what we learn form the journey i.e the destination that is more important. than the journey itself.
Oh oh, now im freakin out lol

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I thought it was good. I did a pre-planned essay on how my 4 texts challenged our thinking and broadened our understanding of the world. That was pretty easy to wrap around for the question we were faced with. All in all, very happy.

Cab31

HSC
bobbie212 said:
did any1 use the quotes from text 2 of question one in ur essay. cause they were pretty useful and illustrated my arguemnt well so i just stole em
damn it....i didnt think of that....god im slow

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
skeeze16 said:
Yeah, Im a bit worrried.
I didnt like that question, and i diasagreed with it. I basically said that although the journey is important and is the means of arriving at a destination i.e. outcome, it is what we learn form the journey i.e the destination that is more important. than the journey itself.
You should never disagree with the quote because you can contradict yourself easier

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm in two minds, it was good and bad, i think they could have said the same thing in a clearer way e.g. The journeys is more important than the destination rather than than the way they put it

maatsby

left on the floor
HSC
N/A
bobbie212 said:
did any1 use the quotes from text 2 of question one in ur essay. cause they were pretty useful and illustrated my arguemnt well so i just stole em
haha yeh i was guna, but i forgot.
this question was almost exactly the same as the question given to us in our journeys assessment. so yeh, pretty easy i thought, i expected something trickier.

Piddlepot

skeeze16 said:
Yeah, Im a bit worrried.
Yeh i also disagreed, saying that the arrival = conclusion or goal. Only when you arrive you truly understand the purpose of the journey.

I no this is stupid but, you can disagree right?

V

vanbasten

Quite easy. My final statement was a quote "when the fight begins within himself, a man's truly worth something." We did inner journeys so it worked out cool.

piddlepot21 said:
Yeh i also disagreed, saying that the arrival = conclusion or goal. Only when you arrive you truly understand the purpose of the journey.

I no this is stupid but, you can disagree right?
Yeah, i guess one could have disagreed i mean it did say discuss.
I mean whats the pint of the journey if we dont learn andthing from it or if it has no purpose? That was the logix i used anyway.
I was just worried coz no noe else seemed to have disagreed with the question.
Yay i found a friend!lol

V

vanbasten

But what if you don't arrive?

Regardless, it said discuss so it was a good idea to disgree. As long as you backed it up well.

HSC
N/A
Overall, nice exam, not too bad to answer.

the "journey is more important than the arrival" question was so easy...

Candypants

Yes twas a lovely question... but I expected it to be something really generic anyway. I am SO glad they didn't ask us to refer to a specific stimulus or coleridge. But yes, lovely question.

But yeah, very easy. Nothing to distinguish the really bright 99.whatever's from the 95's or 90s.

Last edited:

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
aLeeOh! said:
i thought it wasnt bad. heck, the whole exam wasnt bad!.. it was fairly easy...but that's what worries me
I agree...it was terrible. I thought the essay q was soooo bland and broad that it didn't really give you anything specific enough to grapple with and hone in on. I had all this really detailed stuff but couldn't use it because I had to do the whole broad overview thing. It didn't give you a chance to shine, because everyone's pretty much going to say the same cliched thing. My essay was so...average. I was so hoping for a 'how does the journey challenge the conventions of the world' or something more substantial.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
gemita said:
I agree...it was terrible. I thought the essay q was soooo bland and broad that it didn't really give you anything specific enough to grapple with and hone in on. I had all this really detailed stuff but couldn't use it because I had to do the whole broad overview thing. It didn't give you a chance to shine, because everyone's pretty much going to say the same cliched thing. My essay was so...average. I was so hoping for a 'how does the journey challenge the conventions of the world' or something more substantial.
yep. that's ur pomo studies coming through there.

and i felt pretty ok coming out of there, but then i felt the same after trials and i only got 80.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I thought the question wasn't as good for all journeys. I do imaginative and it wasn't the best quesiton they could've given us! but hey, whats done is done :p Nice paper BoS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)