Question 3 | 4 | 5 (1 Viewer)

omg_a

HSC
it was broad, i admit gem, nut i think thats b/c it was the same q for all the focus areas. i had done two practice ones very similar so i was happy. i only used one supp text-i never have enough time to use more!! and in the end i had to sit on the fence, a bit of both sides to the argument. hmmmm i hope thats ok

Piddlepot

vanbasten said:
But what if you don't arrive?

Regardless, it said discuss so it was a good idea to disgree. As long as you backed it up well.
Basically said that all physical journeys have to end...also said they were dictated by choice and chance.

I was told that incorporating your own opinion will help get some marks so meh.

lex123

HSC
did any1 use the quotes from text 2 of question one in ur essay. cause they were pretty useful and illustrated my arguemnt well so i just stole em (from BOBBIE)...

Bobbie the examiners dont like it if u use the extracts that they have given u in previous questions for your extended response because it shows to them u have a lack of understanding to find your own material.....our teacher told us to never iuse what they have given us in question one...

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
sounds like everyone aced this paper- which means im in trouble

probably stuffedup sect 2 and 3

wrote my student no wrong on 3 booklets lol

dilos

HSC
i did imaginative journeys- but i talked briefly about physical, and inner journeys related with the imagination and bla bla...it was OK...cept i had to cut out a paragraph from my planned essay cos of section one!!! :mad:

i did bout 9 pages.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
I thought the question wasn't as good for all journeys. I do imaginative and it wasn't the best quesiton they could've given us!
i know. it was crap for imag. grrr. imag is crap. journeys is crap. english is crappity crapsky crap crap.

now i've got that outta my system.

C

coca cola

I did ok in this section, better than I had expected because the question suited my pre-prepared essay, although I didn't get to use all my examples and quotes because I was running out of time at the end.

JessC

HSC
N/A
anyone who had a pre-planned essay could have easily answered the question because you could have talked about anything...it was similar to the independant trial....

if only i had an essay!!

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i wasn;t totally prepared for the question
annoyed that i had to leave bits of my prepared essay out
found ways to keep most of it though
so i am pretty happy with this section
just wish i could have written a bit more
but oh well can't change it now

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Without embarking on a journey, there is no destination. Hence the journey leads you to your destination and is far more important. And yeh, it is easier to go with what they say, instead of fighting their opinions.

Farkette

HSC
whooooooooaaaaaaa

omfg i looked at section 2 and *promptly* decided to not touch that train wreck just yet.
enter section 3.. looked alright at first but for imag. j's, farkin 'ell i kept stopping and trying to think about what the hell to write. trying to incorporate my 15/15 trial material was trickier than i expected..
rime, lime, ivory trail (lol i always do the easy one.. but i always nail it), and donnie darko..
went along the lines of swinging fence sitter. it said discuss remember, both sides for and agaisnt or something like that, that was how i went.. concluding that 'The Journey' is so complex it can be interpreted in x no. of ways and therefore whether it conforms to the "the journey, not the arrival, that matters" etc statement is highly subjective.
approx 11 pages, mediumish handwriting??
55-60 min eeeek my section 2 suffered for it

cant wait till i can burn all my emma/clueless notes after wed...

derek_

HSC
i just changed a paragraph in my prepared essay and yeh ... it was fine :)

S

Shuter

Umm, did I screw up?

Instead of doing an essay I did two people talking about it. It didn't say any specific form and when it said discuss I assumed that would be ther better way to do it.

Not that I really provided much evidence against the quote, mine was mainly all for it, I didn't discuss much.

gabatinie

HSC
i liked question 3 as i had a prepared essay and incorporated well. i did physical journeys and it was so broad. i wrote like 12 pages so i was happy, but i cant say much about question 2 as i made up the most utter crap!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
easy question...question 1 was harder
my thesis: imag journeys broaden our understanding therefore the journey is more uimportant that the um arrival/destination
some bullshit like taht

Acid

HSC
I thought it was a good question but the only practice essay I had pre-prepared was the one on challenging our thinking that I posted on the forum before. So I had trouble incorporating it and am not sure if I answered the question properly, but I tried to mould it as best I could.

I basically said that the composers represent the concept of the journey as being a vessel to convey complex ideas and thus, since the responder is challenged with different ideas whilst undertaking the journey, the journey, not the arrival, matters.

Is that properly answering the q?

Last edited:

Whitlamsfan

Easy enough we've been talking about the journey itself all year so they where prepping us for exactly that sort of question. Still hating generic all 3 the same question as they generally lend them selves to physical journies and still annoyed at BOS for forcing the US spelling "journeys"

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Farkette said:
omfg i looked at section 2 and *promptly* decided to not touch that train wreck just yet.
enter section 3.. looked alright at first but for imag. j's, farkin 'ell i kept stopping and trying to think about what the hell to write. trying to incorporate my 15/15 trial material was trickier than i expected..
rime, lime, ivory trail (lol i always do the easy one.. but i always nail it), and donnie darko..
went along the lines of swinging fence sitter. it said discuss remember, both sides for and agaisnt or something like that, that was how i went.. concluding that 'The Journey' is so complex it can be interpreted in x no. of ways and therefore whether it conforms to the "the journey, not the arrival, that matters" etc statement is highly subjective.
approx 11 pages, mediumish handwriting??
55-60 min eeeek my section 2 suffered for it

cant wait till i can burn all my emma/clueless notes after wed...
i like u. u make me laugh.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
diz part waz gud, i done 9 page and about imaginary journeys.. wrote something on the lines of...journeys are a gateway to knowledge....ie. tha arrival isnt too important coz what people learn thru dat journey is bla bla bla

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)