Questions from interested 08ers. (1 Viewer)

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
The idea is that if planning permission comes relatively quickly, it'll be operating in 2009. Apparently the whole build process takes about 3-4 months or something like that.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
khing said:
The idea is that if planning permission comes relatively quickly, it'll be operating in 2009. Apparently the whole build process takes about 3-4 months or something like that.
SWEET!

Evilo

HSC
no idea what the situation is, they havent made anything official at this stage apart from what was written in the student newspaper. If you want to read the full artical visit woroni.com and click on the 2nd most recent issue.

blacksunset

HSC
Evilo said:
ADFA (yep you got it right) is basic army training & tertiary education
Duntroon is the 'serious' army training college.

Once you've spent time at ADFA you go to Duntroon.
not true.
you obviously have no iea what the hel you're talking about.
duntroon is not a uni, and it is ONLY army.
adfa is all three services(army, airforce,navy). my boyfriend is in the airfroce and studying to be a fighter pilot, he will never spend any time at duntroon whatsoever.
and they are both designated for officers, so there is no such thing as "basic army traning." the reason people see duntroon as the serious army training college, is because its ONLY army, and the navy and raaf are not required to do the same things as the army are. at adfa during the first six weeks in their first year, they do plenty of hard stuff that duntroon do aswell, so it is not more serious in anyway, you just dont get a qualification from it.
basic training is what u do at kapooka and you're a grunt and not an officer, and pretty much have no respect.

Last edited:

blacksunset

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
nice guys?
lovely. alot of the time you get a mix though, the majority of the adfa guys are great, as they are very serious about their study and want to do something important with their lives. of course sometimes u get the idiots who are all rugby jocks and do business because they think it's an easy degree, but you learn to avoid them.
from what i have learnt, they seem to be much more down to earth than duntroon guys. sure ther are some lovely duntroon guys, but the adfa boys get a very bad rap.
some people who are there are preparing to do the hardest course in the world (the flight training course for pilots) so they are there so study and work hard.

Evilo

HSC
I was going to reply to your post and pick it apart but it’s just not worth the time.
4 Facts.
1. ADFA is next door to Duntroon, They have always been classified as the same thing to the general public. (it’s called a generalisation – just like me being a ‘jock’ because of my college)
2. People from the above institutions ruin the atmosphere for everyone at clubs on Saturday nights.
3. Half of ADFA is going to Duntroon anyway, so they're pretty much Duntroon
4. Your boyfriend is truly amazing and it was wrong of me to even think he may have been training as an officer in the army.

I think we can end this argument and get back to general ANU chat.

blacksunset

HSC
well, once again you are wrong.i have heard from friends at mine and other colleges at ANU that it is JOHNS that ruins the atmosphere on saturday nights. and in all honesty, i dont paticuarly car,e because the only place that the "atmosphere" would ever be ruined are moosheads and shooters, which are seedy shitholes anyway....if you're desperate to avoid the defence force boys, just dont go to mooseheads or shooters. its that simple...

not even half of adfa go to duntroon,so you're wrong again. only the army service, not the raaf or navy.

and generally most people i know can easily tell the difference between the two places, and if they don't, they don't make huge generalisations, they ask politely.

and my boyfriend is not training in the army, hes in the airforce. make the distinction, pull your head out of your ass, and grow up.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I went to Academy one day. I walked up to the bar, waited in line, was talking quietly to my friend. Next thing I know this ADFA fag jumps up from the bar and punches me in the face. My friend dislocated his jaw or something within seconds, but fucking hell, I find it hard to feel sympathy for ADFA blokes.

blacksunset

HSC
Slidey said:
I went to Academy one day. I walked up to the bar, waited in line, was talking quietly to my friend. Next thing I know this ADFA fag jumps up from the bar and punches me in the face. My friend dislocated his jaw or something within seconds, but fucking hell, I find it hard to feel sympathy for ADFA blokes.
im not asking u to feel sympathy for them. how do u even know he was from adfa?
and why were u at such a shit place such as academy anyway

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Well, just remember this. When ADFA used to compete in the Inward Bound Competition (an outdoor marathon and orienteering competition where you get dumped in the middle of the bush and have to run to a central point up to 80km away) they got lost and ran to Bateman's Bay. What does that say about them?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
neo o said:
Well, just remember this. When ADFA used to compete in the Inward Bound Competition (an outdoor marathon and orienteering competition where you get dumped in the middle of the bush and have to run to a central point up to 80km away) they got lost and ran to Bateman's Bay. What does that say about them?
bahahahaha!:rofl:

Sammy-Blue

HSC
neo o said:
They're good at running.

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
well, once again you are wrong.i have heard from friends at mine and other colleges at ANU that it is JOHNS that ruins the atmosphere on saturday nights. and in all honesty, i dont paticuarly car,e because the only place that the "atmosphere" would ever be ruined are moosheads and shooters, which are seedy shitholes anyway....if you're desperate to avoid the defence force boys, just dont go to mooseheads or shooters. its that simple...
So if "adfa boys" hang out at moose/shooters - what does that say about them?
also see above comment about the other bloke being punched in the face.

blacksunset said:
not even half of adfa go to duntroon,so you're wrong again. only the army service, not the raaf or navy..
Do you have statistics on this? or are you making the assumption that the intake over navy/army/air would be even?

blacksunset said:
and generally most people i know can easily tell the difference between the two places, and if they don't, they don't make huge generalisations, they ask politely.
Like your boyfriends friends?

Plus i bet every second sentence that comes out of your mouth is "my boyfriend at adfa.....", so i'm sure there is never a problem there.

blacksunset said:
and my boyfriend is not training in the army, hes in the airforce. make the distinction, pull your head out of your ass, and grow up.
You're clearly more stupid that i thought. If you read my post again.
Me said:
4. Your boyfriend is truly amazing and it was wrong of me to even think he may have been training as an officer in the army.
Obviously you and your boyfriend have a similar mental ability. Good luck with that. If you like, i can drop you off some colouring crayons next time i'm walking past B&G

michael1990

HSC
I heard that people from the army aren't allowed to use physical violence?

From a guy i know in the reserves.

Evilo

HSC
I dont think that would stop them.

We are "not allowed" to break the law, but we have all broken it at some stage.

michael1990

HSC
Evilo said:
I dont think that would stop them.

We are "not allowed" to break the law, but we have all broken it at some stage.
This is true.

But i thought the law would punish them even more than well normal people in society.

Evilo

HSC
true, but they probably know they won't get caught. Also, i havent seen any MP at mooseheads/shooters making sure their men are not doing stupid stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)