Questions from interested 08ers. (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
michael1990 said:
As to the question about the Fish.
I would say you would be able to keep fish, although if they really enforce the rules. Then it would be a no?
hes right, i think the rules say "strictly no pets whatsoever". but they have never cared with fish, i know people who have them and have never had any problems with reception.

Evilo

HSC
michael1990 said:
So yeah i suppose its easy to live off.

Can't you do your own meals for like $10 a night?
Which in that case will become $70 per week?
yeah so all the dinners are sorted, but then you've got lunch/breakfast (which is cheap apart from the fact you have to have fresh milk/bread on a regular basis). then you've got to account for the nights you're lazy and decide to eat out. And account for luxuries like muffins and coke (we get for free at johns). Then $70 a weeks starts to look like $130-150 pretty quickly.

michael1990

HSC
Evilo said:
yeah so all the dinners are sorted, but then you've got lunch/breakfast (which is cheap apart from the fact you have to have fresh milk/bread on a regular basis). then you've got to account for the nights you're lazy and decide to eat out. And account for luxuries like muffins and coke (we get for free at johns). Then $70 a weeks starts to look like $130-150 pretty quickly.
Thats heaps true.

So value for money, comfort and resources which do you think would be the best accomdation?

Would it be better to go into a shared house around the uni?
A lease?

Evilo

HSC
now theres the million dollar question lol
Come down on open day (see signature) and decide for yourself :)

However, I strongly suggest going into a college for your first year. Better community, build friendships, get involved more, and the convenience of living on campus.

falcon07

HSC
michael1990 said:
I think i spend about $100 on entertainment a week now.
Or just under.

So yeah i suppose its easy to live off.

Can't you do your own meals for like $10 a night?
Which in that case will become $70 per week?
$10 is enough to feed 3 easily, so you are looking at closer to $30 a week for dinners. I spend at the very most $60/week on shopping.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
yes, $10 for dinner is luxury. Really, one doesn't have to spend more than $10 per day on groceries. It's eating out that is expensive.

blacksunset

HSC
depending on the place, u can ask and if u have good reason, ur allowed something like a fish...
people here at b&g have fish, and i mean seriously, u could pob do it without asking, they dont come and check ur rooms, they do like, ocne a year, and u can hide them in the cupboard when that happens...

michael1990

HSC
blacksunset said:
depending on the place, u can ask and if u have good reason, ur allowed something like a fish...
people here at b&g have fish, and i mean seriously, u could pob do it without asking, they dont come and check ur rooms, they do like, ocne a year, and u can hide them in the cupboard when that happens...
LOL!

Lets hide the FISH!

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
check ur rooms, they do like, ocne a year, and u can hide them in the cupboard when that happens...
when the feds come knocking on you're door. Fuk da police.... lolz

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I'm really getting into astrophysics now...
We're doing it in physics and I'm loving it.

And I'm starting to dislike economics a bit as a hsc subject but I still like it as a whole and I'm interested in game theory.

So right now, I think I'm looking at Econ/science.

But it's going to change again a few times over up until it's time to submit my preferences..

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
you have to buy, cook and clean for 21 meals a week.
not true at all... (maybe except for the cleaning part). surely people cook several meals at once (like boiling 1kg of pasta and freezing it, which makes 5 or so meals) or people skip a meal and take out or skip it entirely (weekend breakfasts etc).

Evilo

HSC
jas0nt said:
not true at all... (maybe except for the cleaning part). surely people cook several meals at once (like boiling 1kg of pasta and freezing it, which makes 5 or so meals) or people skip a meal and take out or skip it entirely (weekend breakfasts etc).
im sure thats what some people do, but then reality and laziness hits. And if it was me i'd be eating noodles 3 nights, and eating out the other 4 lol.

michael1990

HSC
Evilo said:
im sure thats what some people do, but then reality and laziness hits. And if it was me i'd be eating noodles 3 nights, and eating out the other 4 lol.
HA HA HA

That would be me, as i'm a terrible cook.

Just a quick question for you Evilo, why are you always up so late? Or so early in the morning?

Evilo

HSC
its only 130 am lol...

i dunno - thats just me. I'm a closet comp-sci student :p

i usually got to bed around 2-2:30am. Arrgh i've got a full day of lectures today, so i'm pretty buggered - i think i'll be in bed early tonight!

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
i usually got to bed around 2-2:30am. Arrgh i've got a full day of lectures today, so i'm pretty buggered - i think i'll be in bed early tonight!
lolwtf

aren't you on holidays?

Evilo

HSC
i'm doing a special mining course thing. It counts for no units, and all i get is a little certificate at the end lol. However it is free, so it works out okay. I'm leaving for home on the weekend (give or take)

Sammy-Blue

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I'm really getting into astrophysics now...
We're doing it in physics and I'm loving it.

And I'm starting to dislike economics a bit as a hsc subject but I still like it as a whole and I'm interested in game theory.

So right now, I think I'm looking at Econ/science.

But it's going to change again a few times over up until it's time to submit my preferences..
If you think it's worth the extra time instead of just doing one, go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)