Redfern Racial Rioting (1 Viewer)

Egg_666

HOLY SHIT

HAS ANYONE JSUT SEENT CHANNEL 9????????

the bloody fence is not sharp but the individual poles are less than an inch in diameter... and about a 8 inches long... he would have got impaled by 3-5 poles... sadly enough tahts way too easy...

you losers... no bloody sympathy

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Egg_666
and then you went on to ask if they wanted to help themselves

thats hilarious

THEY ARE POOR, THEY HAVE NO EDUCATION

THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO HELP THEMSELVES

does it get any simpler??????????
No, I asked, do they want to help themselves and if not how do you go about changing the culture?

Also: you don't just throw money at the problem to fix it, these people need to be rehabilitated into society.

Reading is not so hard.

ND

HSC
HOLY SHIT

HAS ANYONE JSUT SEENT CHANNEL 9????????

the bloody fence is not sharp but the individual poles are less than an inch in diameter... and about a 8 inches long... he would have got impaled by 3-5 poles... sadly enough tahts way too easy...

you losers... no bloody sympathy
I just watched 7. They wanted him for assault. Good riddance i say.

ND

HSC

Its was NOT his choice to have grown up in a country where his options are severly limited, it was NOT his choice to have grown up in poverty, it was NOT his choice to have to commit a crime...

these things were FORCED upon him by his position...
It was not his choice to assault somebody? Who's choice was it? The governments? :rolleyes:

ND

HSC

if a guy is soo afraid to get caught out by police that he is putting himself in mortal danger, there is something wrong with the processing of aaboriginals... the no talking about warrants could mean 2 things... A. there was no warrant and they just were trying to threaten him and give him a "talking to" or B. there was a warrant for arrest but it was for something petty, and certainly not worth losing your life over
Since Christopher Skase went to the trouble of leaving the country, to excile in other countries, it must mean that there is something wrong with the punishment of white collar crime. :rolleyes:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by jezzmo
The death is tragic but at what point can we blame society or the police for those specific events? The fact that he had a cheap, broken bike and the fact that he commited a crime can perhaps be placed on his disadvantaged background. The crux of the issue is much bigger than this single event, and is not a fair representation of the microcosm of black vs white.
so you're saying the boy is at fault here? or its just fate? please explain your views... :)

i have no sympathys for the boy... i mean i don't even know him... people die all the time... and if i sympathises all the time i would die with a broken heart by having too much sympathy... how does that make me or anyone a loser?!?! :p

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
and then you went on to ask if they wanted to help themselves

thats hilarious

THEY ARE POOR, THEY HAVE NO EDUCATION

THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO HELP THEMSELVES

does it get any simpler??????????
They are poor and have no education because its their fault. Their are public schools out their for their children to attend. Education is accesible , if you WANT to learn, and get an education. Education is freely available to people of all status.
2-they dont know how to help themselves? cmon, what a poor EXCUSE, is that really.. their are plenty of resources and services out there , that are their to help, eg- centrelink- provides training and help for people who want to get into the workforceetc
If I was a cop iwould have arrested the lot of them.. they think they can get away with everything.wheres the justice?
what is this place coming to? only 2 of them were charged.. thats ridiculous

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
they called a bunch of aboriginals a riot........

i would call it an abo-lanche

hahaha

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
let them wreck their own community,it was just a waste of the policemen/womens time last night being there

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
they called a bunch of aboriginals a riot........

i would call it an abo-lanche

hahaha
hahahaha nice try

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ziff
Congratulations either a) closet racist or b) PC poster-child, you are the second to think that it's all about race like that um bloke. People are capable of talking in terms other than race...

E.g. above the guy was talking about CRIMINALS not ABORIGINALS where as gmraso was referring to her looking like and acting like a total dickhead rather than because she's Aboriginal. Though, it's always easy to just throw in the word "racist" to seem cool isn't it?

All hail the leader of the champion of causes that don't exist!
ziffo old mate, when ND referred to "those people" sponging off welfare it was pretty evident he was referring to disadvantaged aboriginals, not criminals - i dont think i've ever encountered anybody who would label criminals as a generic class in society. my original gripe was that he showed no respect for the kid who had just died, but when he claimed that he was probably just living off welfare anyway and was therefore ''no loss'' to society it was pretty evident that he was generalising a whole social class as being good for nothing other than living off his taxes.

ps - you think that racism does not exist in australia? i think you need to get off the lounge more often, mate

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by um..
ziffo old mate, when ND referred to "those people" sponging off welfare it was pretty evident he was referring to disadvantaged aboriginals, not criminals - i dont think i've ever encountered anybody who would label criminals as a generic class in society. my original gripe was that he showed no respect for the kid who had just died, but when he claimed that he was probably just living off welfare anyway and was therefore ''no loss'' to society it was pretty evident that he was generalising a whole social class as being good for nothing other than living off his taxes.

ps - you think that racism does not exist in australia? i think you need to get off the lounge more often, mate
Well duh it exists... it exists everywhere...

Punk_In_Drublic

HSC
N/A
I can only offer what I have known from experience on both the Police force and a generalization of the Aboriginal community

COPS -

Tackled me mate at a party into a fence cos he didn't turn around when they were talking to him. After the incident they said - quote "We can press charges if you can press charges. Otherwise we leave it at that"

Took our skateboards when we were skating around the technology park in redfern for no reason or without cautions.

Took 20 minutes or more to respond to a 000 call (This was when an elderly neighbour of ours called them cos there was a bunch of youths hanging around our quiet street looking suss)

Then again my experiences with aboriginals have been -

They rolled me mate for everything he had after a party

They snatched my mum's handbag while she took my 2 year old sister and me to the park. They kicked me when I ran in to try help (I was 10 then and stupid)

They chased us all around Cronulla while we were drunk off our heads for no reason at all.

Just this weekend a group of them beat the crap out of my friend AND his girlfriend for no reason. Didn't steal anything though.

What conclusion do I have ? I dunno.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ziff
Well duh it exists... it exists everywhere...
then what was with the hurrah for the champion of the cause that does not exist comment?*

*i know that wasnt directed at me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)