Relative Difference, Ranks and Moderated Assessment Mark (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
No.

The difference between your moderated assessment mark and theirs will depend on the spread and mean of the exam marks. It is true that you can't affect this now.

What you can do is to obtain an exam mark so high that it is certain to overcome that difference. This is completely in your hands.

Stop looking for an excuse. ;)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
... The relative differences between students have been 'approximately' maintained.
thats unfair coz if i am comming second with 8 marks between me and 1st, and if the bottom people bum out in their exams....my gap with the first guy will increase!!!!!!!!!:mad1:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus

What you can do is to obtain an exam mark so high that it is certain to overcome that difference. This is completely in your hands.

Stop looking for an excuse. ;)
Yes, I am trying to overcome my tragedy of NOT coming first in that particular course that I liked VERY VERY much.
I know what you are telling me, But the thing is, WHATEVER I receive in the exam, THAT person who came first in school will ALWAYS have my high mark as her moderated assessment mark regardless, so I really don't know what to do...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
...THAT person who came first in school will ALWAYS have my high mark as her moderated assessment mark regardless, so I really don't know what to do...
either: kill the hsc exam and come first

or

repeate the hsc..:p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
WHATEVER I receive in the exam, THAT person who came first in school will ALWAYS have my high mark as her moderated assessment mark regardless, so I really don't know what to do...
That's right - and your own moderated assessment mark will be pulled up because of it, keeping the relative difference (approximately) the same.

In addition, you're also forgetting about their exam mark, which is completely independent of your own performance. If you obtain a whopping big exam mark, you'll be far ahead of the other student in that area, and you'll still be the same (relative) distance behind in the assessment arena.

You just need to make the difference between your two exam marks big enough to compensate for the difference that's already between you both in terms of assessment marks.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Say that a i'm 40 marks away from the person coming first in my assessment mark, does that mean i'll be 40 marks below the highest exam mark?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
No.

Scenarioas have been all but exhaustively discussed throughout the rest of this thread.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
Say that a i'm 40 marks away from the person coming first in my assessment mark, does that mean i'll be 40 marks below the highest exam mark?
not exactly, but your relative difference will be the same...and so if they compress the ratio, then it wouldn't be 40 marks...just read all of this thread to understand fully...:p

MyLuv

Thx God:D
At least now I know good HSC exam will help me alot...hehehe..I'll kill the exam:D

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by MyLuv
I know good HSC exam will help me alot...hehehe..I'll kill the exam:D
That's what everyone say

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MyLuv
Thx God:D
At least now I know good HSC exam will help me alot...hehehe..I'll kill the exam:D
That's 10 times more true at Uni tho. :p

Jeo

im not going to MURDER the exam

with a double gage SHOTTY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)