Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i didnt know tehre was so many
i only knew about something to do with the ocean
the embryo..um..honey...and mountains..oh and some ancient battel that was mentioned in the koran b4 it even happened
suphan'Allah..its all so beautiful..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't get how people can say "I am christian but I don't go to chrurch". Either you are christian and act like it or you aren't a chrisitan. You can't be christian just to cover yourself if you die.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
soha said:
i know what u mean
its like saying i half believe in god
u either do or u dont
Then you have the people that say "I believe there is someone/something out there". That's for all the people who don't want to be religious but don't want to be rejected by society which is largely religious by saying they don't believe in anything.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Then you have the people that say "I believe there is someone/something out there". That's for all the people who don't want to be religious but don't want to be rejected by society which is largely religious by saying they don't believe in anything.
its funny how if ur religous these days
ur like weird..or a freak
people think wtf
people diss you..ur all of a sudden a fundamentalist
etc..u could be put in a psyc ward for believing in god
thats the way i see it
thats what ive experienced neways

iamsickofyear12

HSC
soha said:
people think wtf
thats the way i see it
Thats true, if you are really religious people think you are weird. But for the most part I think most people are somewhat religious, even if they are the people who say they are christian but don't go to church, and if you don't believe in god you are weird aswell.

get_born

mz_purfect said:
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

This is another site detailing the sceintific facts that were mentioned in the Quran 1,400 years ago and have only been discovered fairly recently. I highly recommend it :)

thats cool, and soha, I totally agree with you, people focus too much on trying to blend into society, that they totally diss the important stuff like religion. In a way I guess its part of human nature, but then again its our job to overcome these obstacles and search for the truth.

waterfowl

HSC
soha said:
people think wtf
thats the way i see it
Really? All of my friends are very accepting that I am a Christian; although sometimes they find the whole abstinance issue perplexing.

bekstah

HSC
N/A
yeh pressures on society to conform (sex before marriage) is so powerful, it's so normal now. though really if you are religious then other people's opinions about you shouldn't matter in anyway

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
bekstah said:
yeh pressures on society to conform (sex before marriage) is so powerful, it's so normal now. though really if you are religious then other people's opinions about you shouldn't matter in anyway
ofcourse they dont
im happy to be religous and believe in God reguarless if they think its weird or not

HotShot

-_-
HSC
hmmm

nope, i dont believe you. i dont feel that your are out of place when your religious that people think you are freaks or something.

But, you must understand they will think you are freak if you include religion into everything, into your conversations and drawings and so on, why? becuase we all have different religions and not everyone is going to understand if you conversation giving examples from your religion.

but times changes, so you have to change, either you are forcing yourself into religion or into society. The best option is to have parts of both, for example 'sex before marriage' wat could possibly go wrong? is it truly against a religion and why? its not like you murdered someone.

So have to be bit flexible, because following exactly wat the religion says does not mean you are a good person, its better just to follow the principles:
not stealing (though nearly everyone has)
be kind (everyone at some stage has not been kind)
dont take drugs
no alcohol and so on

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
soha said:
ofcourse they dont
im happy to be religous and believe in God reguarless if they think its weird or not
i know..there was this time in like yr 8 or something when this girl just goes (exasperated like) " why don't u just do it and not care about your religion???" in relation to sex before marriage and boyfrends and that

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
i know..there was this time in like yr 8 or something when this girl just goes (exasperated like) " why don't u just do it and not care about your religion???" in relation to sex before marriage and boyfrends and that
easier said then done

ppl dont understand i guess...
once ur religous etc and have a firm belief and true understanding..its hard to "just do it"...in a sense..
for someone who has no beliefs...no fear of God..and stuff..limited morals..then they not gonna understand whats holding someone back

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I tend to keep an open mind about it all. I have Christian friends and i have no problem with it until they start trying to shove their beliefs in your face and expecting you to adopt them. I dont believe that there can be one "right" religion, as may seem to claim, because everone's religion is right for them and i dont really feel anyone has the right to argue with what anyone else believes in.

Generator

HSC
N/A
soha said:
for someone who has no beliefs...no fear of God..and stuff..limited morals..then they not gonna understand whats holding someone back
Limited morals?

get_born

Generator said:
Limited morals?
By limited morals I think she means without religion people are proned to go out and do things that are morally wrong, such as sex b4 marriage. But thats only my thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)