Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Raaaaaachel said:
The christians will tell you that you didn't have enough "faith." They love that one, have faith that there is a god, that the bible is the word of god and therefore you should have faith the everything in the bible is true and you should accept it unconditionally. In this context "faith" seems to be a synonym for ignorance and stupidity.
In your case you're just retarded.

slipdamoknot

HSC
Sanistic Jedism

'Cause I just made it up >_<;
What could possibly be cooler than a gothic, headbanging, Satan worshipping Jedi, that looks like Fred Durst/Anakin Skywalker?
Nothing I tells ya'.

SouperGirl121

HSC
Jachie said:
So morality is defined by inconsequential tidbits like sexual orientation; things that bear absolutely no meaning to a person’s character? You’re telling me this God is willing to allow someone he Loves with a capital L to burn in hell for all eternity simply because they’re not straight?
I'm just gonna set something straight here (pardon the pun) but it's the sexual behaviour that's condemned, not the person themselves. I myself am christian, and I believe that humans are made sexual, not hetero/homo but simply sexual and I believe that homosexuality/bisexuality is a facet of that sexuality which God gave us but warped, as the devil likes to do with many things God makes.

Too many Christians adopt a "Holier than thou" attitude when really, sexual sin in God's eyes is no worse than any other sin like lying or disobeying your parents. We're all sinners, and some of us are tempted more in sexual areas and some are tempted more in areas like stealing or gossiping.

Morality is defined by our relationship with God, and people don't go to hell just because they have homosexual temptations. It's when we act on our temptations that we sin.

And I agree with you that these things have absolutely no bearing on our character. It's just that in the church people tend to forget that God says in the bible Jesus forgave ALL sin, and God is the only one allowed to judge. Our role is to love.

Ademir

HSC
Agnostic.

It rules because I don't have to follow religion but I can keep telling myself I can always convert on the death bed.

Gosford

HSC
last_chance said:
yeah... i hate the idea of innocents being killed in all these suicide bombimgs...whether its here or over seas its inhumane. The attacks in London were a total shock. Its ironic how just the other day i was talking about the good things being portrayed in the media - and now this. I just hope people dont start confusing terrorists, suicide bombers and so on as Muslims - because a muslim doesn't do things like that.
lol, b4 i heard about it being linked with muslims i thought it was extremely ironic that the night prior to the london bombings, London (england) won the right to host the 2012 Olympic games over french (it look suss to me)
disclaimer- dont mean any disreepect to victims of London bombings

Gosford

HSC
freaking_out said:
I'm a muslim- and i'm a muslim, bcoz i like the fact how islam calls to the submission to one god, the most perfect, with no flaws. Also because it reaffirms the message of all the prophets that came before (eg. abraham, moses, jesus etc.).
Ozz^E said:
Im a Muslim (one who submits to God). Islam (submission), therefore, is my way of life.

Why?

Well, ill have to admit that partly it is beacuse (as with the majority of other ppl of all faiths) my parents were such. However, inheritance of faith/beleif is not exactly allowed (or at the least highly discouraged) in Islam (for it can never lead ot true conviction). Allah (God) instructs man to reflect, think, to contemplate and thus to come to the conclusion of there being only one Being worthy of any Recogotion/Worship. Only one Being to whom all submit, who holds all the Power and to Whom all are accountable.

So..Im a Muslim because, quite frankly, its the only way of life (dont like using the word religion, doesnt really fit) that makes any sense to me. Theres no other system/ideology/way of life out there that:

- makes more theological (or general) sense;
- is more in harmony with human nature;
- has more solid evidence of its truthfulness;
- is as comprehensive in covering all aspects of life;
- has resulted in anyhwere near such a progessive (in the true sense of the word), harmonious and peaceful (both within and without) society (as Islam did for many centuries.)

Note that I dont say the above to be confrontational. It's simply what I frankly believe in...:)

Of course, God Almighty has ordained free will for His servants, so everyone is free to believe, behave in whatever way they wish:

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error.."

"And Say (O Apostle!): 'The Truth is from your Lord'. Then whosoever wills, let him believe and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve."
soha said:
i am muslim because i was born into that faith
but when i got older i started to question my faith...as most people do..
and found after serious studies of christianity and judiasm and other religons like buddism and hinduism islam was the one..
islam is a way of life..
and its soo beautiful and people should look into it
despite the stuff going on in the world..with "terrorism" and everything
you cant judge a religon by its followers..because they not always setting the perfect example of islam
and even after september 11 in america alone 40 000 people converted to islam a year..
its the fastest growing religon in the world and its estimated by the year 2050 there will be 100 million muslims in america who has a current population of 270 million...
its obviously worth looking into just for the sake of knowledge..
these three posts pretty much sum it up for me
Edi mubarik brothers and sisters :D

cluelesschild

HSC
i am a muslim not because i was born into the religion but beacause i chose to be a muslim. i love the fact that islam is not a religion but a lifestyle. it is very simple and straightforward one god, one message.Every question relating to life itself is answered has a logical explanation and im saying this with all sincerity that if there were any other book that made me feel as honoured to believe in it and guided humanity to virtue as much as this book or even had a single verse as effective as it i wouldn't have chosen to be so a muslim:)

cluelesschild

HSC
i am a muslim not because i was born into the religion but beacause i chose to be a muslim. i love the fact that islam is not a religion but a lifestyle. it is very simple and straightforward one god, one message.Every question relating to life itself is answered with a logical explanation and im saying this with all sincerity that if there were any other book that made me feel as honoured to believe in it and guided humanity to virtue as much as this book or even had a single verse as effective as it i wouldn't have chosen to be so a muslim:)

krumper

HSC
kaz1 said:
islam is better than any crap you believe in
Gotta love that Islamic tolerance right there. And he/she is doing Religious Studies Unit 1 zzzz.

I'm christian and was raised a Christian since I was born but jesus doesnt rock my boat anymore. Still seeking a deeper meaning of life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)