Reputation points. (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
I've never given much attention to the workings of the reputation system as I thought it would never last long enough for me to be interested in it. I guess it looks like it's staying for a while so in that case, I feel the need for it to be explained more thoroughly. Also, I'm very interested in the BoS demographics/hierarchy. :uhhuh:

1) My question is simple. How many points is each 'class' of member able to give? That is, how many points do the administration give, right down to the lowest 'classed' member? I'm not looking for specifics here as that would be inappropriate, all I'm looking for is the amount of reputation points that can be given broadly. ie. admin 20 points, high level mods 16points, low level= 10 etc.
Different type of moderators give differing amounts of points as I am aware of, all I'm looking for is a broad 'map'.

2) Also, how is one able to increase his/her ability to rep? Obviously a newly appointed moderator would be in a slightly higher position than a normal BoS citizen right?

3) Am I able to find my own reputating power? How many points do i give?

I am aware and can understand that some, or all of these questions may be confidential to a certain degree and some information may be withheld. Just tell me and I'll stop asking. :) :p

Thank you for your time. :)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
You have reputing power and you can give or take 7 points. Unless you are on "a distinguished road" and above, all your reps will not count and will appear as a grey panel rather than red or green. The more points you get, the higher you go. When you reach 100, you get two green panels next to your post count, and so on.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Could you please list the hierarchies in ascending order, e.g. 'unknown in these parts' (or whatever the lowest rank is) up to the highest rank? Also, where does 'infamous in these parts' stand? Thanks.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
shameless behaviour in the past
unknown quantity
off the scale -10pts
distinguished road-11pts
will become famous soon enough -50pts
has a spectacular aura about - 150pts
jewel in the rough 250pts

and the rest I dunno.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
'is just really nice"
"is a splendid one to behold"
"has a reputation beyond repute"

apprently you can gice 1 point for every 1000 posts?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I think this system would be interesting : :)

Under the persons avater you see : "Points"
Posting a msg of a certain length will give you say 5 points.

Seems alot of spamming, true, but with those points you can donate them to those who have been helpful. (With the same "you must spread points around before giving it to that person again rule")

When a person reaches say, x000 points, their nickname is "highlighted" which each post/they can change their nickname if they wish/opputunity for moderator position etc etc.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
iambored said:
'is just really nice"
"is a splendid one to behold"
"has a reputation beyond repute"

apprently you can gice 1 point for every 1000 posts?
I think there is also the level of "Is a name known to all" between "is just really nice" and "is a splendid one to behold" because I think Minai used to be on that level:).

santaslayer

HSC
Merethrond said:
I think there is also the level of "Is a name known to all" between "is just really nice" and "is a splendid one to behold" because I think Minai used to be on that level:).
That's right...:uhhuh:

mishka

HSC
N/A
so now i just have to beg for 7 more points before i have 50!! wOOt!!

rumour

HSC
mishka said:
so now i just have to beg for 7 more points before i have 50!! wOOt!!
Same!!!!

I said this in the other thread, i think it's how the system works:
after 10pts you can give 1 rep
then for every 50pts you get, you can give 1 extra rep point

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
aim54x said:
i dont see the points under the avatar that someone was talking about. i have 57 rep pts, does that mean when i rep i give them 1pt??
Your points are not displayed, just your reputation level:).

rumour

HSC
aim54x said:
i dont see the points under the avatar that someone was talking about. i have 57 rep pts, does that mean when i rep i give them 1pt??
No, I think you give two...... Because everyone (well most) starts off with 1pt, & you have 50+pts

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
A grey box means that they are not influential enough to give you reputation, i.e. they don't have fifty posts or have less than ten reputation points themselves. They might also have to be registered for a specific amount of time, but I am not sure about that one:).

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I see!!!
Do the "reppers" reputation points given to you depend on their status??
I remember having like a 2 point rep from someone, then "Fry" repped me in a thread i created and i got like 6!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)