Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
USyd social life is whatever you want it to be. If you really want it you can probably find a party on just about every weekend.

boomalaka

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
me too,
you would have to pay me to go to sancta or womens after 14 years in an all girls school and then boarding

i def decided on Johns, now i just want to get all this over with so i know for sure if i can get in, but i have to go back to school to get references and take a tour...
oh and actually finish the application form
I'm pretty sure there are vacancies at Johns so you should have no trouble at all in getting in.

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
boomalaka said:
I'm pretty sure there are vacancies at Johns so you should have no trouble at all in getting in.
Neither Johns or Sancta filled there beds in 2005

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I put Wes and Ands first but I hope I get into a single-sex one. I'm well over being distracted by women in my 13 years of CoEducation.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Gavrillo said:
I put Wes and Ands first but I hope I get into a single-sex one. I'm well over being distracted by women in my 13 years of CoEducation.
Well i go/went to an all boys school and in the end, we would have been soo distracted if we had women there. Its a good atmosphere but at uni its not like u really need to knuckle down hard most days.

I reckon i could get into Drews and Wes cause of sport, marks, and school. But depends if i go to USyd or not. Im now leaning towards unsw cause of the actual uni itself but i still dont know...

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
LaCe said:
haha cool,
I wasnt even going to consider Paul's cause ive been in a all boys school for 5 years and it jsut didnt interest me but then when i heard that Sancta was next to Paul's .....:D haha jks

But Paul's does look like a good college
women's is next to pauls. and i couldn't pass judgement but according to my guy mates skancta isn't where the hot chicks are.

depends what your definition of a good college is anyway. wherever you go, you'll love it. but i should say that having chicks live in a building you can see out your window, and having a chick live next door... big diff honey.

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
welshi said:
women's is next to pauls. and i couldn't pass judgement but according to my guy mates skancta isn't where the hot chicks are.

depends what your definition of a good college is anyway. wherever you go, you'll love it. but i should say that having chicks live in a building you can see out your window, and having a chick live next door... big diff honey.

Yeah, you wouldn't really see chicks topless on the drybar :p :D

mathock

HSC
im at wesley at the moment, and i love it.

the fresher/senior initiation thing kind of died after o-week which is good, whereas other colleges still make their freshers do stuff from time to time...

academically we do well too, the average mark last year for all collegians was a high credit, and we've had 6 of the last 9 nsw rhodes scholars...

in the sport we are having a dry run for chicks, womens have had the rosebowl last year and won it again this year, but i think we have one it like 16 times out of the 35 years its been on so...

rawson is still in the balance, we were meant to play pauls in the cricket today to decide it but got rained out... if we win that means we would have won 4 of the last 5 sports to come from behind to win the rawson... nice.

yeah all colleges have their good and bad aspects, apparently wesley is the most incestuous college, we have the ugliest college and we have no oval, but shit happens, we still have a good time...

go to wherever you want, but i strongly recommend wesley

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Word up for Weasley.

How hard is it to get into the sports teams? How many are there for Wes in cricket?

nearly done....

HSC
hey! i got offered a spot at st andrews....i also have an interview with wesley next week. im kinda leaning towards st andrews coz of the flexibility with uni choices, and coz ive heard really good things about both. any opinions on which one to go for would be great!

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
nearly done.... said:
hey! i got offered a spot at st andrews....i also have an interview with wesley next week. im kinda leaning towards st andrews coz of the flexibility with uni choices, and coz ive heard really good things about both. any opinions on which one to go for would be great!
You can't go wrong with either.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Except St Andrews who have very small penises and equally small brains.

nearly done....

HSC
lol...do you go to/are you going to wesley then? where would that opinion be from? not critically or anything...im trying to make a decision

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Yeah apparently wesley is pretty keen on sports as is pauls and drews which is good :D

But i guess where ever you go, just get amongst it

nearly done....

HSC
i think im going to cancel the wesley interview and just go to drews....which one are you going to lace?

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Im thinking of wesley and drews but also might even go to UNSW cause its eaier to get into first grade for crick cause you dont have players still playing there for 15 years after they leave like MacGill (or perhaps they do) but it is easier from what i hear that to get into firsties in UNSW.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Come to Weasley, Drews is full of massive massive pricks. LIKE SERIOUSLY.

Plus, if you come to Weasley you can come to my rockin' parties...Lace, you can come too ;)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Meldrum said:
Come to Weasley, Drews is full of massive massive pricks. LIKE SERIOUSLY.

Plus, if you come to Weasley you can come to my rockin' parties...Lace, you can come too ;)
Haha cheers mate!

yeah its either Wesley or Drews but i hear good things about Wesley. the thing is that its easier to get into firsties crick in UNSW rather than USyd, sooo i dunno, i think im good enough so it shouldnt matter but like i said before, you have those guys still playing there after so many years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)