Results soon! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
...a 3rd year psych or 4th year law unit, rather than a crappy first year nothing subject.
But first year units are generally easier (especially for non-first years) and worth less credit pts, hence slightly cheaper...surely theres an interesting 100-level unit out there somewhere.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
GoodToGo said:
Yeah...but they just send one for the early birds.

Unless you're loaded, I say defer. Use the money for more important things, like a holiday...or funding some kind of illegal habit.
LOL i wish i was loaded

uncles who are single and have no kids come in handy, although when he sees the bill and questions me why i have STAT170 again im not sure if he will continue 2 fund me

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
flyin' said:
I don't know anyone doing Law with GPA 4. But I also don't know anyone who has ever failed a Law unit.
My best mate at uni has a GPA of 4, for both the LLB and B Science in Maths. And nearly all HD's as well...damn him!

I heard of a couple people failing first year...but generally very, very rare.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
GoodToGo said:
But first year units are generally easier (especially for non-first years) and worth less credit pts, hence slightly cheaper...surely theres an interesting 100-level unit out there somewhere.
dont do SOC170 ... it was terrible

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
My best mate at uni has a GPA of 4, for both the LLB and B Science in Maths. And nearly all HD's as well...damn him!

The GPA of 4 is impressive especially considering the LLB (but not really so with Maths - this coming from someone who does Maths =p. All you need for GPA of 4 in Maths is just go to all the lectures, do all the tutes, do all the assignments YOURSELF, and if there aren't too many actuaries, HDs.)

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
I got one bad mark for an assesment, which I'm currently contesting. Other than that, I've got all Ds and HDs :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You're in first year.

Things happen in later years, eg. you get lazy and don't care about university and spend days on BoS. :D

X

xeuyrawp

flyin' said:
You're in first year.

Things happen in later years, eg. you get lazy and don't care about university and spend days on BoS. :D
haha, that's happening to me now, hence the Credit in an assesment:(

I want to do well, though, because if I don't get a GPA of 3+ in certain subjects, I can get barred to do honours.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm sure you'll be fine. If you study (hard?) a GPA of 3 is easy (unless you only do Actuarial units and Law units, but I'm sure you won't ;)).

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

flyin' said:
I'm sure you'll be fine. If you study (hard?) a GPA of 3 is easy (unless you only do Actuarial units and Law units, but I'm sure you won't ;)).
Yeah, I shoudl be fine, considering I'm getting like 3.80 or something at the moment (if you count that gay credit). I hate it how HDs are of no more worth than Ds.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Consider person A and B.

Person A: D,D,D,...,D - GPA 4
Person B: HD,HD,HD,...,HD,Cr - GPA 3.97

Of course, an employer who looks at the transcript will understand that Person B is academically brighter.

Also, it's hard enough getting Ds at Macquarie which is why HDs don't effect GPA here. But one Cr is doubly painful.

X

xeuyrawp

flyin' said:
Consider person A and B.

Person A: D,D,D,...,D - GPA 4
Person B: HD,HD,HD,...,HD,Cr - GPA 3.97

Of course, an employer who looks at the transcript will understand that Person B is academically brighter.

Also, it's hard enough getting Ds at Macquarie which is why HDs don't effect GPA here.
I am person B, and unless there's some serious rounding up of numbers, I'm never going to lose that credit.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Consider this: you need to be at least top 10% in just about every unit (besides Law, they're special) to ensure you have a GPA of 4. This is much harder than you think. You need to put a fair amount of effort into every subject unless there are some courses where 90% of people do even less study or are less bright.

X

xeuyrawp

flyin' said:
Consider this: you need to be at least top 10% in just about every unit (besides Law, they're special) to ensure you have a GPA of 4. This is much harder than you think. You need to put a fair amount of effort into every subject unless there are some courses where 90% of people do even less study or are less bright.
I'm in a pretty high percentage, I don't see that changing...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I have no doubt you're in a high percentage. But it's consistency in every single unit you ever do. For example, if you neglect one unit any one time in your degree you won't be in a high percentage for that unit, or worse still you find a notoriously mean lecturer who only gives out 1% HDs and 4% Ds...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
GoodToGo said:
Surely not law... thats impossible!

I was going to do a cruisy first year, but I think it would be better to challenge myself intellectually in later years, rather than having on my transcript XYZ100 while doing 400/500 level units.

X

xeuyrawp

flyin' said:
I have no doubt you're in a high percentage. But it's consistency in every single unit you ever do. For example, if you neglect one unit any one time in your degree you won't be in a high percentage for that unit, or worse still you find a notoriously mean lecturer who only gives out 1% HDs and 4% Ds...
Yeah, I've realised that now:(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Probably midnight, or close to, like other years. Mind you, the server will be so slow there will be no point trying to check until midday or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)