S1 2017 Exam results waiting/discussion thread (MQ) (1 Viewer)

mrstripedshades

HSC
just missed out on HD for Stat150, scraped distinctions for Macroecon and finance, high credit for accg.

pre happy overall. Do you just get the marks and divide by 4 for your WAM or thats not how it works?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
2 HD's for finance (85) and microecon (86), 2 C's.

Weird for finance considering I averaged 90~95% for the rest of my assessments, any possibility of seeing Final Exam marks?
1 Mark off D for ACCG :|, must've gotten 82~86% for FE.
Pretty salty about BBA marking, probably an easy D if either of my assessments gotten an >80%

Zoinked

Beast
HSC

Weird for finance considering I averaged 90~95% for the rest of my assessments, any possibility of seeing Final Exam marks?
Pretty salty about BBA marking, probably an easy D if either of my assessments gotten an >80%
I wanna see my final exam for finance too lol, I must have gotten like 98% ish to get my mark lol.

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
just missed out on HD for Stat150, scraped distinctions for Macroecon and finance, high credit for accg.

pre happy overall. Do you just get the marks and divide by 4 for your WAM or thats not how it works?
Yeah assuming they are the same number of credit points

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
For all finance/econ/acst units if you get a HD you get a prize. I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by proficency unless its like for a certain percentile or something. Here's a link to ithttp://www.businessandeconomics.mq.edu.au/undergraduate_degrees/prizes_scholarships
Fascinating. Wish the link went into more details about the "prizes". Its probably just for the few people who came first/second/third etc in the course.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

You can request a final exam paper viewing but your mark may go down.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Missed out on a HD for one subject by 2 marks but I passed everything so whose the real winner!

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Because I'm an ex-MQ'er and the UTS thread is ded, I'll post marks here.

Haven't actually gotten my marks but our GPA appears to have updated (OMG, I actually have a GPA!)

I think I got a HD (most likely the second management accounting subject), two D's (most likely Accounting B & IBP) and a Cr (Commercial Law).

Edit - yep confirmed- got 86 in MDC, 81 in IBP, ACCGB 80 and 72 in Comm Law. Happy with my results! Hoping for similar results doing 5 subjects! I think i can do it.

Can confirm ACCG101 is not as comprehensive as what is taught at UTS.

Last edited:

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Seeing the paper will reduce your marks?
You can appeal a grade. It's a very long and difficult process even to see the paper, let alone appeal. However, it is possible that upon appealing your mark can be reduced.

I would only consider an appeal if you have good reason to believe your mark will be increased significantly (IE. A booklet or question was unmarked).

It's just something to keep in mind. A remark can result in marks being reduced, so it'sit something you should do over one or two marks.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
You can appeal a grade. It's a very long and difficult process even to see the paper, let alone appeal. However, it is possible that upon appealing your mark can be reduced.

I would only consider an appeal if you have good reason to believe your mark will be increased significantly (IE. A booklet or question was unmarked).

It's just something to keep in mind. A remark can result in marks being reduced, so it'sit something you should do over one or two marks.
That's understandable. I kind of meant the marks tho and not the paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)