SC Speech (1 Viewer)

astro

HSC
is it better to just make it up on the spot, coz that's what i'm thinking of doing.....and what kind of quotes do you mean

Kulazzi is LW even running for it

Demandred

HSC
Have a look at the kind of speeches made from Presidents and other majestic people.

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by astro
is it better to just make it up on the spot, coz that's what i'm thinking of doing.....and what kind of quotes do you mean

Kulazzi is LW even running for it
if ur thinking what I'm thinking, then yes LW.

Originally posted by Demandred
Have a look at the kind of speeches made from Presidents and other majestic people.
that's a good idea.......but I've already made my speech, thanx anyways :D should've been thought of b4 :)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
On ur top of ur head is great.. if u can do that - maybe have a general idea wat u wanna say. if it is directed mainly at students top of ur head is the way to go, but i know im not good at those things, i say whatever comes into my mind and normal its some random shit that doesnt make sense..so if u can pull it off, go for it otherwise write it out. quotes that are motivational/inspirational about leadership or something that relates to wat ur talking about .. not heaps of them but either one to open or close is a really nice touch.

Kulazzi

HSC
hey guys! Thanx a lot for your suggestions and help. Here's the speech I had today, only abt 5 or 6 other ppl had humour n theirs, the rest were just boring and droning on.......

My speech:

An American expert, Peter Kline once said: 'School should be the best party in town”.
That’s like taking one step in the school grounds and yelling “yes!!! woohoo! let’s parteeee!!!” (everyone laughed when I expressed this) but unfortunately that is not the case
The world is chaotic enough - schools have to be better, because we shape the future - schools should never be places of misery for anyone. We students, as a great majority, are the most powerful force in the school. Good afternoon [principal]
teachers and fellow students To be chosen Captain, or even vice-captain, of 2005 would be a wonderful opportunity. Representing the school and attending conferences would be of a great experience to me and it would also improve my confidence in public speaking. I had the privilege to be a representative from the school in a program called Young Achievement Australia. This has just occurred last year. We formed a business, and created products specifically targeted at teenaged girls. My role in this business was being a Manufacturing Director. This position had taught me to be well organised and take matters in my own hands in the last minute if something goes wrong. Of course, we were encouraged, advised and assisted by the advisors throughout the process. I also gained leadership skills, various experiences and a lot pressure in this program. Our business ended up as being one of the state’s finalists. Mind you, we were competing against yr 11, 12 and even university students. If I am elected as School Captain, you will get something in return - someone you can talk to... who will listen to your interesting and groundbreakingly original suggestions, maybe like that of a school-tie, who will flatter your ego endlessly. Provided you're an interesting person, who all of you are, since I'm boring, and two boring people cannot hold a conversation A few ppl chuckled at this . In my five years at East Hills Girls’, I've been a reserved debator, peer support leader and somewhere along the way I passed my school certificate. So did all of you, but I think you'll agree that this is the most convincing thing I've said so far. I would have great pleasure in representing EHGTHS in any event, at any place at any time. A Chinese philosopher Konfyooshes (Confucius) once said: “If your plan is for one year, plant rice; If your plan is for ten years, plant trees; If your plan is for a hundred years,Educate children”.
Thank you.

And especially thanx to whiterabbit! :D You helped me out a lot and to all the others who pointed out my grammer mistakes and encouraging me to use quotes :D

It really helped, I can't thank you guys enough! :)

I'll tell you how it went

edit: Astro, do u know when the results will come out?

Last edited:

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
i like the last quote but it has nothing to do wit leadership.. ur not gonna be teaching the kids! unless??? anyway smeh its over wit now. hope u go ok

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
i like the last quote but it has nothing to do wit leadership.. ur not gonna be teaching the kids! unless??? anyway smeh its over wit now. hope u go ok
yeah I know, but it was like a "finishing conclusion" concerning education....:)

astro

HSC
I did so bad..my face was all read, my jumbled up my words, i looked at my palm cards too much and my palm cards were too big not too mention my speech was too boring and i had to do mine in fifth period which made the situation even worst. Nobody wanted to be there. And i will not be voted. I was the only one who voted for me. Ah well, what can i do? Nothing...you were good Kulazzi, you have a good chance of getting it...joanne has a pretty good chance to but she kept looking at the ceilings insteadof the audience and she had her chicken wings again....
Laura said the results are coming out 2moro, i doubt it, i think we'll find out skool captain of 2005 next term week 1-4 and i know without a doubt my name will be be called out....

Kulazzi

HSC
I did so bad..my face was all red, my jumbled up my words, i looked at my palm cards too much and my palm cards were too big not too mention my speech was too boring and i had to do mine in fifth period which made the situation even worst. Nobody wanted to be there. And i will not be voted. I was the only one who voted for me. Ah well, what can i do? Nothing...you were good Kulazzi, you have a good chance of getting it...joanne has a pretty good chance to but she kept looking at the ceilings insteadof the audience and she had her chicken wings again....
Laura said the results are coming out 2moro, i doubt it, i think we'll find out skool captain of 2005 next term week 1-4 and i know without a doubt my name will be be called out....
you did not read ur palm cards too much, u were excellent man!!!!
I think Danielle or Laura W will get it
Laura C told me that the office ladies and some teachers are voting so it will take a while
I wanna find out by the end of this wk (I hope it comes out soon!)
I am so curious!!!!! :) :D

astro

HSC
I'm not sure if danielle will get it...there is a chance LW will get vice...and LC will get heaps of votes from the teacher....i'm hoping to get a prefect...i know i won't get skool capt or even vice nor do i [articularly want to after YAA....we get to find out who gets them later this week, prob....i'm not talking to LC anymore....

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Use humour and bribes, and show a bit of leg...It'll get the votes of the guys who tune out. The humour will get the intelligent people and the bribes will get the little kids.

Kulazzi

HSC
....i'm not talking to LC anymore....
why aren't you talking to her anymore???? PM or RING me :D.

Originally posted by Enlightened_One
Use humour and bribes, and show a bit of leg...It'll get the votes of the guys who tune out. The humour will get the intelligent people and the bribes will get the little kids.
Thanx for the suggestions altho the juniors don't get to vote. :D :)
Only the teachers (who knows ur grade well) and yr 11 students.

Last edited:

astro

HSC
i don't think showing a bit of leg will work in a girls school....in fact i think it'll reault in a very different effect

Kulazzi, it's all cleared up now...i was talking to her in english

toddp387

HSC
Hey mate, good luck with the speech.
Im school captain this year and i went for the short and sweet version, students dont want to sit and listen to people rave on about why to elect them.

Pretty much all i said was:
Goodmorning everyone.
Now im not going to stand here and lecture you on what a good person i am or how well i can represent the school, because if i am worthy of being school captain you should already know them. If i was elected as school captain i would strive to represent the school the the best of my ability and live up to the captains that have come before me.
Thankyou

Not saying that there is anything wrong with urs mate, i like what u have written. Jst thought u might like to incorporate some of that into ur own speech.

Kulazzi

HSC
thanx todd for ur help, I've just done it on monday

I get to be on the care committe (yay! That's like organising mufti days and stuff)

i don't like the captain that much, for those who have been reading my past posts, I think I've kept saying LW, she has become our captain but I like the vice better

toddp387

HSC
Thats ok, i was a bit late though :s... not to worry.
Congratulations though on the care comittee... will look good on ur resume ;)
well done, cya

Demandred

HSC
Being a Captain would probably increase your stress and workload by a quarter, most of the time it's the bloody speeches you always have to do.

Kulazzi

HSC
Demandred said:
Being a Captain would probably increase your stress and workload by a quarter, most of the time it's the bloody speeches you always have to do.
yes, thats the part i hate about it, more work less time but the speeches I'd love to do. I love doing speeches, I did debating in primary school (yes, yes I know that was like what........6 yrs ago :p) and I was a reserved debator 2 yrs ago. So yeah :)

I love speeches :D

astro

HSC
If every assessment task was a speech i would jump for joy.....but yeah, being captain does increase the workload.....kulazzi why didn't you do debating this year?? We lost against the boys skl first debate which was very very humiliating...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)