Scholarships? (1 Viewer)

gigi2000

scholarships

do they offer any scholarships that are based on academic merit and community involvement and that kinda stuff? cos they all seems to be based on financial need... or do i just have to say i'm moving out of home and will have to support myself? is that financial need or do they look at your parent's income?
Cheers

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
gigi2000 said:
do they offer any scholarships that are based on academic merit and community involvement and that kinda stuff? cos they all seems to be based on financial need... or do i just have to say i'm moving out of home and will have to support myself? is that financial need or do they look at your parent's income?
Cheers
yep score high UAI and you will get a scholarship

kittycat552

btw, does anyone know when the second payments are made for scholarships that are payed by the semester? i was thinking it was around census date...

ta

gigi2000

mrbassman said:
yep score high UAI and you will get a scholarship
so do i have to send in an extra application or anything?

Tiney225: you're doing what i wanna do: nutrition and dietetics. Is it any good? why'd you go to newcastle not sydeny or wollongong? do you know which uni is best? i'm trying to find out but no one seems to give me a succinct answer...
soz bout the questions
cheers
gigi

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i dont remember, call the scholarships office if you cant find your answers on the scholarships website

kittycat552

gigi2000 said:
so do i have to send in an extra application or anything?

Tiney225: you're doing what i wanna do: nutrition and dietetics. Is it any good? why'd you go to newcastle not sydeny or wollongong? do you know which uni is best? i'm trying to find out but no one seems to give me a succinct answer...
soz bout the questions
cheers
gigi
I've found it to be an awesome course but i wouldn't recommend it unless you've got a very solid knowledge of chem and bio...the first two years of the four are all about these subjects. I chose newy uni because it was way closer to my home and i love the place...it's a great city, not too big, awesome public transport and people...newy uni has a high job rate for n&d graduates so it's a great degree here

Also, live on-campus if it's possible...great social life and so close to uni (3 minute walk to class for me).

There's my rant

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
n&d grads will have jobs everywhere, Australia is fucking fat and getting fatter each day.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Thats the same for any health profession though.
Ohh, don't worry... your chosen profession is just as good for graduates, if not better :rolleyes:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
You think I don't know that? I was merely pointing out the facts so the uninformed don't think Nuts and Diets is the only way to go if you want a guarenteed job.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
You think I don't know that? I was merely pointing out the facts so the uninformed don't think Nuts and Diets is the only way to go if you want a guarenteed job.
yupyup, why do u think I chose teaching?? they're in demand as well

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
huzzah! and huzzah for them not raising the HECS on EDUC courses.. i'm liking that right now :D

rific

HSC
I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying this semester, which is probably why I haven't posted much/anything. Only 1 EDUC course and the rest all Arts is fantastic, so far we've looked at kinky chairs, fetishes, 'truffle' readings of existentialist texts, and all such related ideas. Yes, and we will be the people teaching your children. Good thing the HECS is in the lowest bracket, all this hard work would scare most people off.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
tell me about it! But like you I'm enjoying this semester, due to electives (Arts courses) the only one thats bugging me is an EDUC one, and its only there because they need something to fill up the time before we go out on prac again... oh well... life goes on

rific

HSC
we never had any second semester prac courses, we just went into the second half as is. It was only this year they introduced that sort of stuff, well for secondary anyway, as well as all the ridiculous tasks, which even this year we didn't have to hand in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)