Section 2 (1 Viewer)

*Lozzie*

HSC
the idaea i had did fit in with the opening sentance but because i suck at creative writing it didnt go as good as i hoped well fingures crossed

sideshowtim

HSC
My story was about an old man with 2 left feet (literally) telling a journo the story of a journey about how he overcame the odds and discovered what he was made of in becoming a dancer despite his disability...Tried to do something different and not cliche because I know the markers are going to get swamped with war stories and death bed stories. Not written particularly well but I think I did okay.

passion89

HSC
It was an alright question - I found it to be pretty broad. I wrote about Santa Clause (lol) telling his grandson how he found happiness by getting rid of his 'santa' title.

Hahaha it was a whole load of crap really but I'm hoping it would get me a decent mark.

sideshowtim

HSC
passion89 said:
It was an alright question - I found it to be pretty broad. I wrote about Santa Clause (lol) telling his grandson how he found happiness by getting rid of his 'santa' title.

Hahaha it was a whole load of crap really but I'm hoping it would get me a decent mark.
That's a good one mate, not cliche, markers love that sort of stuff apparently.

liger

HSC
I thought that was soooooo bad. it wasn't like any other years where you'd usually be given whole bunch of stimulus. I had worked so hard on a prepared response and didn't fit at all. So I kind I said that "id didn't remember what his sotry was about, but at the end of it he said that lifes a journey blah blah blah" so then i just popped my story in after that. ARRRH. Do you think that's a blatant cop out of the question and i will die?

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Completely filled the booklet! I made it a feature article, used the quotation as a paradigm, and made up a random title on the spot. Kinda different from my prepared story but I felt okay with it. My story was on obesity, NEETs and single parasites. I hope no one used that as their social implication...

Tim035

HSC
You couldn't answer that in third person. Every paragraph would have to be, and then the grampa went on to tell his son that.......

The idea of using all those adjectives to describe his voice was to place emphasis that the story was going to come from him. He was to tell "one last story" to whoever was listening

watkinzez

HSC
Thade said:
Man, we practically wrote the same thing. Except mine had a son instead of a daughter and the father had spent some time being a pirate. I also got to make an obscure reference to Monkey Island 2 at one point. :D
If I was marking, I'd give you full marks just for that reference.

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
i thought the section was fine. My story while not fitting the stimulis, was able to be adapoted to it easily, I wrote the story so that it could be literally could be adapted to anything, cup, out of space rocket, you name it and my story could fit. Only problem was that it was a little abstract and cleachades about a suicidal depressed maniac who decides to leave it to another day because he has a "transformitive expreience".
I'm interested, how many pages did U guys write, and how many words. i got about 1000.

passion89

HSC
Lockhart said:
I'm interested, how many pages did U guys write, and how many words. i got about 1000.

I wrote the full 8 pages. Not sure how many words but yeah I finished the booklet. I did drag my story out a bit which could work against me.

goldz

HSC
how do u say crap in every language possible. That was extremely restrcitvie and didnt fit into anything i knew casue i alwasy write personla creastives cause they sound better.
anyway just twisted my story to fit the quote and gave within my scene the BOS a good badhing for using such ac cliched quote when we are supposed to be moing away from cliche.

hopeing for an A range even if is a low A.

Highly_Nrgetik

HSC
I didn't like it. The creative writing I prepared before hand was absolutely the seks and then i got some weird phrase that has nothing to do with my story whatsoever.

Oh well !

pennypacker

Walking on the moon
HSC
yeah, creative writing sucked. i just hope the fact i mentioned 'journey' and 'discovery' every line paid off.

starting with that crappy generic quote really screwed me over

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
mine went somewhere totally different. i did a fantasy story about dragons and shit. then did a twist abuot it was a writer, exploring crap through her writing.

but then i had her saying 'what have i even learnt from this? what have i discovered?'

i mean WTF WHO WRITES THAT? WAY TO PISS THE MARKERS OFF :|

N4FE

HSC
Some real morbid stories coming out here heh....

For me, I prepared a story of me almost drowning whilst bodyboarding, so I just added speechmarkks and changed it to bodysurfing.... Lost a heap of detail, though....

HSC
err.. i fuckd it up bad..

i didnt start off with the topic sentence.. i used it a bit further down in the first page. and my story was good too.. fuckin hell.

JacobMadden

HSC
the quote was really weird.
it didnt really fit with my prepared but i made it
came out happy with that one

:)

think i wrote a booklet plus one
xo

ashh

HSC
i was really happy coz i had a prepared story n it adapted really well 2 the question. 8 pages with my small writing!! hell pleased

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)