Section 2 (2 Viewers)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i think that with this question it was really a matter of luck, you either had something that fit well with the quote or you were screwed over. they should stick to using stimulus pictures. or giving like a list of possible quotes to start with or something. giving ONE generic cliched quote is going to result in a lot of awkward cliched stories... does the BOS not learn? i mean, i was fine, personally. but my story was still kinda awkward and i'd like to see someone who managed something brilliant with that question, so i could steal their brain.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
I was really annoyed. Still am actually. I used the same creative writing as I did for my trials, but spent SO much time perfecting it and pestering the hell out of my English teachers until it was PERFECT, and I had it fully memorised and EVERYthing, and then they go and give a COMPLETELY restrictive question, which as goldz said was COMPLETELY cliched and we're supposed to NOT do cliches and I'm typing in CAPITALS because I'm ANNOYED and it makes me feel BETTER and then, on top of that stupid old man (which I predict, will churn out all these stories of old men dying in a nursing home as they whisper to their child/grandchild some magnificent adventure they undertook when they were 14 that changed their life forever) (I got off the topic) anyway as I was saying, that was targeted at people doing Inner Journeys.

Who the hell writes such terrible questions? Bring the people back that wrote 2004s and 2005s question, I say.

Last edited:

JayJay07

HSC
I wasnt estatic with the phrase they gave us but I still managed to do a 8 page story with my teeny writing. Basically did a story inside a story ... made a grandfather tell his grandaughter about a journey when he was younger .... did self-discovery, about generosity and goodwill - which was my original story but then they discussed it afterwards :)

Last edited:

Mazza88/22/08

HSC
that was the best type of intro i was hopin for... wrote 7 1/2 to 8 pages... the story i prepared only had to make a couple minor adjustments and yeah im happy with what i wrote...

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
watkinzez said:
If I was marking, I'd give you full marks just for that reference.
The amount of Pirateness that exists in my story is probably the only thing that seperates it from the rest of the...
stupid old man (which I predict, will churn out all these stories of old men dying in a nursing home as they whisper to their child/grandchild some magnificent adventure they undertook when they were 14 that changed their life forever)
...stuff that everyone I know wrote. :rofl:

I had to tone it down though, as it's hard to write a pirate related story without some sort of reference to Guybrush Threepwood and/or Jack Sparrow. I learned that the hard way during my trials. XD :rofl:

xx__savannah

HSC
I loved this section, purely for the fact it didn't give us some obscure text type which I was worrying about.
Like many, many people, I wrote about a man on his deathbed telling his son his story (just telling his son to live life and helping the son 'discover' who he was) which was , but did it in the form of a free verse, non rhyming memorial poem.

There was no way I could have done my semi-prepared story -- it was about a woman having a miscarriage.

dandel26

HSC
My story luckily was easily manipulated. Old man on his deathbed (very cliched), tells his grandson about how he overcame a disability through swimming, the grandson then takes the message of his grandfather and goes on to win an olympics.

I dont think theres much jounrey in it. i wrote 8 pages yay!!!!

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Thade said:
The amount of Pirateness that exists in my story is probably the only thing that seperates it from the rest of the... ...stuff that everyone I know wrote. :rofl:

I had to tone it down though, as it's hard to write a pirate related story without some sort of reference to Guybrush Threepwood and/or Jack Sparrow. I learned that the hard way during my trials. XD :rofl:
Pirates are hawt.

Aaron06

To Rid The Disease
HSC
Ahhhh

I stuffed up.

My plot was a man telling some kid when he was little escaping from a detention center in the bush then stayed with some native aboriginals to the area who taught him how to fish and stuff. =P

It's mostly story telling and no emotive. I only realised when they said put pens down. I was like 4stars. =[

Oh well. It's cool. =]

H

housemouse

Thought the stimulus was crap. What happned to the pretty pictures they give out each year?

aileenli

HSC
arrghh!!! the creative question was soooo stupid!! it gave us absolutely no choice or creativity like the other years. predictably, most of the reponses will be about old men dying.

and what do they mean by 'write in a form suitable for your audience and purpose"????? i wrote a story, but changed it to be the intro for an autobiography...

maskd

HSC
People who say that the extract hindered creativity suck. They didn't say you couldn't expand the quote, so I just said 'Blah blah blah quote..... then he died', and I could just start my own story.

I love writing, my story ended up being about 2 robbers named Bill and Spencer, who fall down a massive invisible hole infront of a bank they are about to rob. While falling Bill's toupee comes off and hits Spencer in the face, proceeded to break his jaw, they hit the ground and Bill breaks his legs. They meet a crocodile/mammoth named Juxdath, who has an English accent. Juxdath tells him that he's in a drug-induced frenzy that he will realise and inevitably discover (hint hint) that he's living a shit life and should turn it around for himself.......

That is untill he tried to get up using a mirror, it shatters all over him. Juxdath LIED to him :eek: Somehow this stuff called "friend juice" appears which can apparently heal his wounds. Some crap happens and he realises that he treats his friends like crap, especially Spencer, at the end of his ephiphany he realises that he's in love with Spencer, and in the end Spencers jaw magically heals itself.

Spencer starts to fly away, but instead of flying off with his newly found homosexual love, he has to stay with the hybrid animal.

My favourite quotes from the story "The ground he hit was as hard as a 17 year old in the Playboy Mansion" and "He realised he was evil to spencers, all the times he would hit him over the head, verbally abuse him, sodomise his mother".

I enjoyed writing that story, 8 pages.

Last edited:

Sir Loin

HSC
Yes what happened to the pictures? I could build anything off pictures, sure everyone else can too,:rofl:

~6-7 pages, biggish handwriting about some old guy recounting when he left someone behind, and the guy he left behind 50-ish years ago was the other guy's father! zOMG! I fail...:bomb:

Still i'm sure I did a lot better than some of the other guys...
"So what did you do for creative writing?"
"VIETNAM WAR!!" lol :rofl:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE EXTRACT SAYS? WIll i get 0 if u just dont follow the extract?? gosh i should have read it.
If you didn't include the extract at all or didn't attach it in a relevant way, you'll be marked down, but you won't get zero.

I guess. Don't quote me on that.

Last edited:

B35tY

HSC
The extract was already written earlier.

I don't see why everyone says he was dying? It implied it, but since everyone would do that, i left it alone.

Personally, i interpreted it as the grandfather's "last story" before the girl had to go to bed. After that, *insert generic creative story here*

9 pages, and i'm happy.

poisonthemon

HSC
I completely warped it as some old guy rambling in a mueseum, then the guy walking around looking at stuff which just happens to be in cronological order. I thought it was good, because my planned piece was representational anyway

ptartak

HSC
i wrote on how the old man was my boss. and after that quote he fired me. and i had a bad day and hit a pole lmao

JamesStorm06

HSC
Yeah that first line fukn up my good intro. I wrote about some emotional soccer story in eastern europe. The old man was my manager and he selected me in Iceland's national team.

But i didn't change it too much compared to the original. My story is so boring- i was falling asleep writing it :rofl:!! My final few paragraphs won it for me i think. I reckon i picked up 10 marks in the conclusion, it was so riveting!! :) So many big words!!

Im hoping to get at least 10/15 considering in the early assessments it was only scoring 5/10. This bitch said that it shows weak imagination...

I'll show that bitch that it shows imagination!! When she sees i get 15/15 lol!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)