selective schools for my sister? help me (1 Viewer)

Wackedupwacko

HSC
simonloo said:
But of course I am!
The Sydney High School=GPS, traditional name.
Sydney Boys High= Politically correct (and to distinguish ourselves from Sydney Girls.)
haha dont take lotto THAT seriously... we just like making fun of it =D. back on topic: if travelling about 2-3 hours a day to and from school isnt an issue then you should think about one of the higher up selectives (which you start with ruse, baulko, nsghs,sghs not necessarily in that order). the next thing of course is what do u think shed actually get into.. like ruse is damn hard to get in.

LottoX said:
North Sydney Girls'? I hear as soon as you go there your breasts become flat forever.
lol ... no further comment :uhhuh:

PrettyVacant said:
I hear North Sydney Girls is pretty good with their musical and sporting pursuits, as well as their high standards of academia and of course, their excellent reputation.
We're also not very competitive.
So please, join us. :)
not competitive? then i dont know what competitive is. as for academic standards ... its alrite.. but you girls r generally woefully bad at maths and excel at english.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
As a Mum of a boy eligible for Selective High School, this is a question I have been considering long and hard.

It comes down to finding out all you can about the school:

- reputation wise from current students, recent ex-students and parents of current students
- by visiting

and then asking yourself:

- Does this school offer the wide range of extra-curricula activities you would expect a Selective High School to provide for its gifted and talented students?
- Is the school also strong in the Arts, Music and Drama?
- Is the school also strong in the sporting area?

If not, then I would be asking:

- What proportion of the student body has been coached to get to this school? Are the majority of the students at this school truly gifted OR have they been coached to be that way? Coached students will not necessarily have extra time for extra curricula because they are very busy being coached to keep up.

Rankings of schools mean nothing. A truly gifted and talented student needs to be enriched in all areas, not just the "academic subjects" of science and maths. Good Selective schools should be catering for the active minds of G&T students in all areas. If any of these are missing I would be asking why:
- "Academic" subjects (maths, science)
- "Humanities" subjects (English, language, HSIE)
- "Arts" subjects (drama, art, music)
- Sports
- Wide ranging extracurricula activities (outdoors, music, drama, indoors etc)
- Community service projects
- Special needs education (because even G&T students can have learning difficulties)

Good luck to all 2007 Year 6 students sitting Selective High Schools. Let's hope the system can pick the right ones.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Baulkham Hills high ftw.
But you don't go there =/

Anyway qft :)

By breasts becoming flat forever, is that your metaphor for them becoming feminazis lotto?

PrettyVacant said:
I hear North Sydney Girls is pretty good with their musical and sporting pursuits, as well as their high standards of academia and of course, their excellent reputation.
We're also not very competitive.
So please, join us. :)

BAHAHAHHAHAHA that's pretty damn persuasive though. Don't know if lotto's comment still stands, but quite a gem in the looks department if that's her in the dp.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
but how would you know :confused:
I go there myself. Well at least i used to.

Unless you're someone i've never spoken to in which case hai diane :wave:

Oh wait f*ck just realised she's in the jailbait thread. lose :(

Pretty_vacant that is

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Curiosity kills the cat

*insert some other cat image preferably ceiling cat or that pussy who was giving head to another * =/

lengy

HSC
LottoX said:
North Sydney Girls'? I hear as soon as you go there your breasts become flat forever.
Have you seen PrettyVacant? Oh and that chick in Tokyo Drift. I'd say North Sydney Girls has alot of hotties.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Have you seen PrettyVacant? Oh and that chick in Tokyo Drift. I'd say North Sydney Girls has alot of hotties.
Yeah i just mentioned prettyvacant.

Did the chick from tokyo drift come from nsghs?

hawt :eek:

p.s. do you go to uni with zero hours of sleep or something?

lengy

HSC
I go to uni? :confused: I mean I had uni but turning up to lectures? Like wtf?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
prettyvacant for the win.

i've seen her in real life.

luckyyy meeeee.

ak5

HSC
Macfields is not dodgy...its james meehan thats dodgy...and drynxz...no stoner is allowed to give their opinion about macfields because eveyone knows maccas hate stoners and vice versa. So yeah...dont trust the media cos macfields people are normal...i dunno bout community but the selective people are normal...and a bit immature.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ak5 said:
Macfields is not dodgy...its james meehan thats dodgy...and drynxz...no stoner is allowed to give their opinion about macfields because eveyone knows maccas hate stoners and vice versa. So yeah...dont trust the media cos macfields people are normal...i dunno bout community but the selective people are normal...and a bit immature.
lol that`s true I suppose , there`s always been some random rivalry between maQ fields & hurlstone.
speaking of which , I used to go to maQ fields - ak5 .. are you Annie.K in year 12 2007 ?
I`m pretty sure it`s you aye Annie ? That`s ur username for bebo too xD
And drynxz is a nice person ahahah.

Oh and to whoever posted the original thread. Come to Hurlstone !

PrettyVacant

HSC
I still stand by the fact that North Sydney Girls is pretty cool, despite the new principle's hippy new-age policies (and introduction of laptop classes, wtf).

:)

Oh and don't worry about the breasts thing. I have not been affected by it, but my theory is that the flat-chested look was really "in" in the 1920's, and hey, fashion always repeats itself. ^^

Last edited:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I see Girraween High was listed. I went there (haha how awesome does it feel to say that in past tense)! :p

It's an awesome school, been leading all the sporting competitions between us and the other schools in our zone for the past decade. The house system at the school that has been built up more over the past year has become a focal point in the development of community spirit which is an AWESOME thing to feel a part of.

Music wise, we have one of the best developed music faculties in public schools. It's the fastest growing faculty, with over a third of the school involved in music and the performing arts. We have been doing performances for over 11 years in theatres around Sydney. About 10-12 bands, ensembles and a 300+ mass choir.

We also have extra cirricular clubs and social groups, agriculture plot etc. Also, if you want a school that is culturally balanced and diverse, for a selective school, Girraween is an excellent choice. Some excellent teachers, but of course, like in any school, you do get an odd dud.

If you want more info, just PM me :)

PrettyVacant

HSC
LottoX said:
Is there such a difference between the top selective schools, really?

Breasts > Study.
I have to disagree there. :)

Study > Breasts. Or maybe it's the fact that I have to stare at my own boobs all day so I kinda get bored, whereas study is always fresh and exciting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)