Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
What Neb said. Paraphrasing is always better than quoting (unless the quote is very, er, quotable), and you can usually save space.
I'm tryinnng!I'm at 1700. My heart is breaking. :( this is impossible.
Yesss it includes intext referencing.
And I feel weird if I don't have quotes. :( I'm going to paraphrase some more now.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Okay this might seem stupid, but is it for all subjects that the word limit includes 'in-text referencing', as in footnotes etc?

HSC
What is sourcebashing?

Is it where you write something down, and then try and find a source to back it up later?

Or is it criticising sources? :confused:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I have received the following questions via PM. I don't answer questions via PM so here they are:

Hi

i know it is a silly question, but I need help.

Just wondering, when you finished assignments, you can delete the emails you sent to lecturers or tutor for help right? like emails you sent to ask questions about reference, assignment topic and the emails from tutors which contain answers?

and about the harvard referencing system, for the internet websites which were the governments websites, I put author as 'anonymous' and then wrote year, website and accessed date.
are they fine?

HSC
It will probably be fine to use Anonymous as the author. You might also consider using the name of the website/organisation as the author

So, for instance, one of my references was:

OECD (2007) OECD Health Data: How Does Canada Compare , <http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/46/33/38979719.pdf>, Accessed on 15th March 2007.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
the hsty department deserves to go up in flames.
srsly, apa without intext references?!?

Harvard style is so much easier.

HSC
Apa meaning footnotes?

Footnotes are awesome. It is easier to do a wordcount, and you don't have to constantly skip over brackets that you aren't interested in and which disrupt the flow of your sentences.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
What is sourcebashing?

Is it where you write something down, and then try and find a source to back it up later?

Or is it criticising sources? :confused:
The former.

The thing about education is that by third year you know what good and bad teaching practices are, and you're really familiar the theory you'll need to address, so you can write an entire essay without reading anything beforehand. But of course you need sources, so you go back through your essay and retrofit it.

It's probably terribly inefficient but it's how I roll, baby.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Apa meaning footnotes?

Footnotes are awesome. It is easier to do a wordcount, and you don't have to constantly skip over brackets that you aren't interested in and which disrupt the flow of your sentences.
Hate footnotes. :(
Intext is so much easier since I can see what I'm doing. Footnotes are at the bottom of the page and I need to constantly look back and forth.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Why did this Project Management subject just take an awful swerve towards accounting?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I may not listen to Viva la Vida whilst trying to study. Or Violet Hill. Too many tingleshivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)