Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2006) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

Wow Lainee! What do you work as?

bustinjustin

HSC

Goals:
- Meeting more randoms in lectures who turn out to be friends of friends
- Venture out of the campus during breaks to discover the culinary world beyond Wentworth and Manning
- Get an HD in ECOP1002
- Finally decide on whether to be politically active or not
- Improve my punctuality for tutes (as oppposed to arriving as much as 45 minutes late every week...)
- Write an article or two that I would personally read if written by somebody else, to replace at least some of the filth in the Bull and Honi Soit (I don't see how some of the articles in said publications are worthy of being proudly displayed in a portfolio to be used to snag an internship at some ultra mega media outlet, but I guess few, if not any uni student media is merely produced for this purpose)
- Attend 'Theatresports' now that I'm free at 1 on Thursdays, and see a couple of lunchtime bands

transcendent

HSC
N/A

For me this is my last chance to stay in uni. If I fail any of the repeated subjects I'm pulling out. I go where the road takes me. I'm in a better state of mind then I'll ever be to conquer my course. Here's hoping my determination doesn't die two weeks into the semester. Having huge money problems at the moment. I'll be spending alot of time at the library to cut cost, bring my own food so I don't starve from lack of funds and it looks like I wont be going out too often, not that I ever went out heaps anyways. I've been running away from maturity but it looks like it's caught up and wanting a fight.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

It's waaaay too soon. I'm still trying to get over last semester. I just want another week like the MQ and UTS kids (who are bludgers considering they've had almost a month more than us :(). But alas, they laugh at us about it but secretly are jealous coz we go to usyd - i know usyd isn't the best, but I swear my UTS and MQ friends have insecurities.

Goals:
- Credit and above avg
- Credit avg especially in Psych so I can stay in my degree
- Find a way to sleep more (8 hours just isn't enough :p)
- See some of my old friends more
- Slowly get off the coffee addiction (yeh right...keep dreaming!)

I don't want to go back! I only have one hour today 4-5pm and I'm so tempted not to go lol

HSC

I don't start until tomorrow, but my goals are:

-talk more in tutorials
-do readings, and actually think about what Im reading as opposed to just skimming through the words
-don't do essays in 24 hours
-keep up above credit average to stay in degree
-get a HD in one of the major essays

emjayel

HSC
N/A

- read (or at least open) the course readings and/or texts
- stop doing assignments the night before they're due (or the day they're due, or four days after they're due)
- sleep more then 4-5 hours a night
- limit myself to three days of work a week

tennille

HSC

Aims:
Get a decent WAM
Try to go to most lectures and tutorials
Study well ahead of the exams

My chemistry lecture today was so boring. The lecturer mumbles and I couldn't understand a word he was saying. :(

lala2

Banned
HSC

It was really amusing how our CHEM1612 lecturer was thinknig that we were just a normal bunch of Science kids--he was like, 'and you should've done (thermodynamics basis) in first semester physics (then later added--or HSC Chemistry', and 'if you wanna major in x....' The thing is, we didn't do first semester physics, and we can't major in pharmacy, lol oh well

Lainee

HSC

lala2 said:
Wow Lainee! What do you work as?
Legal secretary work (6-10hrs a week) and tutoring (18hrs a week). And that's not including time spent preparing work and travelling. :( I have a feeling I'm going to be one of those super busy corporate types who doesn't have time for herself.

Uni today was so hectic. Was on 5hrs sleep too, so babbled alot in class discussions. I should learn to keep my mouth shut unless I know what I'm going to say before I say it. *facepalms*

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

My subjects are confusing and ridiculously difficult. I like it. :)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

goals:

- get at least a high credit in everything. Doesn't matter if i don't get a D average as long as a bring my GPA up to 5.0 or just below that (so i can easily push it past 5.0 1st sem next year) ill be happy.

- make some more friends

- get over this god damn flu and get into a regular sleeping pattern

- have fun! have alot of laughs this semester and participate in more social events

will probably take a me a week or two to organise myself in a way that i can easily direct myself towards realising these goals.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A

transcendent said:
For me this is my last chance to stay in uni. If I fail any of the repeated subjects I'm pulling out. I go where the road takes me. I'm in a better state of mind then I'll ever be to conquer my course. Here's hoping my determination doesn't die two weeks into the semester. Having huge money problems at the moment. I'll be spending alot of time at the library to cut cost, bring my own food so I don't starve from lack of funds and it looks like I wont be going out too often, not that I ever went out heaps anyways. I've been running away from maturity but it looks like it's caught up and wanting a fight.

Cheer up lengy :(

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A

Goals:

C-average +

start major assessments the day before as opposed to, the morning of (or) three hours before the due date.

packed lunches as opposed to broadway shopping centre splurges

figure out how to use SR. (And confront the Audio Visual Librarian/Beast womyn)

spend less time at wentworth and more at manning. aka 'more time on campus'

lala2

Banned
HSC

I thought I was the only one not to get into the spirit of things in semester 1, but it seems a few people have taken until this semester to participate in a more healthy social life. I feel proud today--I signed up for the Volunteer Tutoring Program, the Careers Day for Girls (run by the Tutoring Program), the Pharmacy stall for Sydney Uni Live, and actually caught up with people who are willing to talk to me in anything other than Mandarin (which, as you can tell, I can't understand). international students....:mad1: but if I learnt Cantonese in four years just from listening to my parents, maybe I can learn Mandarin too by the end of degree...hmmm....*mutters* Anyway, it was a great day! :D

And how was your first day at semester today, everybody!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Goal: An HD average in this semester, to make up for an abysmal effort last semester, and to not skip a single class all semester, because that fucked me over last time.

transcendent

HSC
N/A

thank you Malfoy. i wasn't sad ameh, i'm actually feeling quite good about this. :) a negative post doesn't mean i'm unhappy. :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Main Resolution:
Finalise all my exchange plans before I actually go away.

Oh and I'll keep you guys posted on RiO Week :) You'll start seeing my sexy posters around soon

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Just dropped a unit because it had assumed knowledge which I wasn't told about, so sitting on 18cp and set for an interesting semester.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

looking forward to getting a better start this sem. i was fucked over at the beginning of last semester essentially screwing everything up

goals
> well. i'd like to get a few d's here and there. would be nice
> make better friends who i actually like (basically my one and only is in my maths lectures!!! THANK FUCK)
> join a team. what can anyone tell me about indoor soccer teams? ill prob be doing volleyball tues nights at 6pm. not tonight though...
>not freak out about microbiology
> try hard on my assignments
> study progressively

yeah

tlodg

HSC
N/A

I hate uni so much now. and I don't even know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)