Should Religous Schools Be Shut Down? (1 Viewer)

Gay Captain

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Say that when your mother dies.

On another note, most unruly adolescents who condemn (as if their opinions mean anything) religion have a really backwards view on what contemporary religious beliefs are. They make it seem as though if you don't follow the ten commandments the Pope is going to fly up on a dragon and strike you down.
are you one of them new age morons who says religion is whatever makes you feel good spiritually or some bullshit like that?

EDIT: by the way, us humble unruly adolescents, even the stupidest of us, know vastly, inconceivably more about the world, and about science and philosophy than the founders of all the world's major religions put together.

EDIT2: I'm not even an adolescent :|

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
Christians fucking HATE Harry Potter.

That makes them pretty cool tbh.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
are you one of them new age morons who says religion is whatever makes you feel good spiritually or some bullshit like that?
I hate those morons as much as you do.

EDIT: by the way, us humble unruly adolescents, even the stupidest of us, know vastly, inconceivably more about the world, and about science and philosophy than the founders of all the world's major religions put together.
That's because the founder of the last major world religion was born ~1400 years ago.

Gay Captain

HSC
Do you start to maybe wonder why someone claiming to be the Son of God or to have received the word of God from Gabriel in a cave today would be regarded as a lunatic instead of a prophet?

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Do you start to maybe wonder why someone claiming to be the Son of God or to have received the word of God from Gabriel in a cave today would be regarded as a lunatic instead of a prophet?
I haven't though about that, but knowing this it doesn't alter my viewpoint.

Um, sorry to burst the bubble, but Hubbard died what, 20 odd years ago.
Scientology doesn't count. It's an association of mentally challenged celebrities and their daughters with stupid names. It is more a retard club than a major world religion.

Gay Captain

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
I haven't though about that, but knowing this it doesn't alter my viewpoint.
Well maybe since you keep referring to these views you have about religion which are a lot smarter than mine you should share them :D

TacoTerrorist

HSC
lol... Why do atheists insist on attacking those with differing beliefs all the time? They act like Crusaders spreading the word of monkey-fish-frogs (this isn't a direct reference to you, just enquiring in general).

kick

HSC
N/A
just because you go oto a religious school doesn't mean you just learn about your own religion? has anyone here even looked at past religion papers????
i don't know what school's your talking about, but at the catholic school that i went to we had students of a different religion, and now being at uni i can't say that i have had a problem meeting people that is of a diiferent religion, as for the "shit" caused by religion, you always have extremist, it not just in religion and you have alot of discrimination, not just religious.
So no religious schools shouldn't be shut down.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Should Religous Schools Be Shut Down?

only the terrorist ones. :D

Just kidding. No, they shouldn't be shut down because we'll have lots of home schoolers instead, so they'll become secluded and alienated and nerd-like, as well as having no teachers or other external responsible people noticing problems which may otherwise go unnoticed by the parents.

chaldoking

HSC
No you don't, you haven't put any argument to close down Public schools... also the thread doesn't say Private schools, just religious ones :D

Actually Public schools wont function without private schools simple economics. Tax from parents in private system pay for teachers in public system. If private schools closed down - public schools are not able to cope.

HalcyonSky

HSC
chaldoking said:
No you don't, you haven't put any argument to close down Public schools... also the thread doesn't say Private schools, just religious ones :D

Actually Public schools wont function without private schools simple economics. Tax from parents in private system pay for teachers in public system. If private schools closed down - public schools are not able to cope.
a) private schools are government funded as well
b) public schools would not be significantly affected by the decrease in tax generated if private schools shut down
c) 'simple economics'. fucking lol, go back to 1unit studies of magic

Last edited:

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
i think a better argument to chaldoking's logic is that if we shut down private schools, the government would have a lot of burden on its hands especially in terms of finance.

chaldoking

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
a) private schools are government funded as well
b) public schools would not be significantly affected by the decrease in tax generated if private schools shut down
c) 'simple economics'. fucking lol, go back to 1unit studies of magic
So then "miss i think i know all about economics" - propose to me an idea about how a government would cope if all religious schools were to be closed down? And knowing anyway that closing religious schools down is unfair, as our parents in religious schools actually pay for your education through tax. And if your telling me that if every school in the state closed down that was religious - and the public schools would not be affected then your obviously been doing to much magic, and its taken over your ability to reason! Imagine your school a public school, and the religious school next door closed down and so did all others, where are all those students going to go? And what will be the consequence. More taxpayers money diverted into education.

dpospination

HSC
A Religous School goes beyond providing education within a specific Religous Tradition. It teaches the values and morals, the way of life of thet Religion, enabling one to become a better person and maintain the morals and ideals within the Religion.

chaldoking

HSC
dpospination said:
A Religous School goes beyond providing education within a specific Religous Tradition. It teaches the values and morals, the way of life of thet Religion, enabling one to become a better person and maintain the morals and ideals within the Religion.
I totally agree !

Garygaz

HSC
Eh I don't really see the problem of schools being under the umbrella term of religious. At my school, the only thing religious is the occasional prayer and about 2 mass ceremonies a year, which students can choose to not attend. The profit of the school either goes to buying new equipment or renovating, and what is left is donated to charity. I received a good education and am grateful for it. (btw I'm an agnostic and many people were atheists, so, it wasn't a brain washing centre)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)