• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SkOoLiEs in BALI!! (1 Viewer)

MandiMoo

HSC
I cried so much when i heard about the bombings, its so disgusting, i cant possibly even try to imagine how people could even contemplate killing other people, it doesnt matter that not as many people were killed as in landon or new york, people were still killed.
I was going to bali the same time as kristylee, but im not going anymore. I really really want to becasue i kno that nothing will probably happen but if i did go i would be paranoid and on edge and scared the whole time i was there. I wouls be sitting in a restuarant eating and thinking everytime someone came in with a backpack that this is it im about to die. For me its not something i want to be thinking when im trying to celebrate a step in my life.

I feel so sorry for the balinese, everyone i speak to says they are beautiful friendly kind people and i feel horrible for deserting them when they need money the most. 80% of there economy is from tourism and there going to lose 50% (so the news says but who can trust that) but if it is true then, bali is dead, and all the wonderful balinese people will be the ones suffering the most, alone with the dead and there friends/relatives. But bali the country as a whole will be reuined, if the country does establish itself again the likeliness of another bomb attack would be higher because even though most think the bombs target the westerners i think its targeting bali as a country and someone wants it to fail.

I am considering going to thailand but if i dont get my money back then i wont be going anywhere. It upsets me but its nowhere near as bad as losing loved ones or not being able to support yourself because you have no income. Everyone going to bali, good on you, i hope you have a wonderful time and im sure u will, i dont think ur stupid for going i think ur awesome for continuing to support a counrty that seems to be dying quickley. Everyone not going i hope you find somewhere else to go and i hope you get your money back.

Mandi

aaaman

Banned
HSC
MandiMoo said:
I cried so much when i heard about the bombings, its so disgusting, i cant possibly even try to imagine how people could even contemplate killing other people, it doesnt matter that not as many people were killed as in landon or new york, people were still killed.
I was going to bali the same time as kristylee, but im not going anymore. I really really want to becasue i kno that nothing will probably happen but if i did go i would be paranoid and on edge and scared the whole time i was there. I wouls be sitting in a restuarant eating and thinking everytime someone came in with a backpack that this is it im about to die. For me its not something i want to be thinking when im trying to celebrate a step in my life.

I feel so sorry for the balinese, everyone i speak to says they are beautiful friendly kind people and i feel horrible for deserting them when they need money the most. 80% of there economy is from tourism and there going to lose 50% (so the news says but who can trust that) but if it is true then, bali is dead, and all the wonderful balinese people will be the ones suffering the most, alone with the dead and there friends/relatives. But bali the country as a whole will be reuined, if the country does establish itself again the likeliness of another bomb attack would be higher because even though most think the bombs target the westerners i think its targeting bali as a country and someone wants it to fail.

I am considering going to thailand but if i dont get my money back then i wont be going anywhere. It upsets me but its nowhere near as bad as losing loved ones or not being able to support yourself because you have no income. Everyone going to bali, good on you, i hope you have a wonderful time and im sure u will, i dont think ur stupid for going i think ur awesome for continuing to support a counrty that seems to be dying quickley. Everyone not going i hope you find somewhere else to go and i hope you get your money back.

Mandi
but tell me i was right when u critized me for saying its a bad place 2 go :cool:

boite nature

HSC
MandiMoo said:
... But bali the country as a whole will be reuined, if the country does establish itself again the likeliness of another bomb attack would be higher because even though most think the bombs target the westerners i think its targeting bali as a country and someone wants it to fail...
Mandi
i agree with everything you say, bali will suffer greatly from this and it's very sad. but Bali is not actually a country - that is half the problem.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Indeed, its a part of Indonesia ;)

Digital_Spork

HSC
aaaman said:
but tell me i was right when u critized me for saying its a bad place 2 go :cool:
You were telling her because of the drug scare over there. I dont remember seeing a mention of bombing and terrorism in your other posts. So, no, you cant take any 'credit' for saying it was a bad place to go...

aaaman

Banned
HSC
i don't give a fuck if it was ova drugs, my message was that Bali is a bad place and guess wat i got 4+ Aussies dead 2 prove u arrogant prick

Digital_Spork

HSC
Dude, you will say bali is a bad place and use any current news to back your statement. Dont give us that lamer crap... If it was in 2002 then you wouldve said dont go to bali because it had been bombed. Now that schapelle and the bali nine get caught you tell us not to go purely because of the recent drug arrests. Oh wait, now bali has been bombed, looks like you will use the terrorism as an excuse now....

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Digital_Spork said:
Dude, you will say bali is a bad place and use any current news to back your statement. Dont give us that lamer crap... If it was in 2002 then you wouldve said dont go to bali because it had been bombed. Now that schapelle and the bali nine get caught you tell us not to go purely because of the recent drug arrests. Oh wait, now bali has been bombed, looks like you will use the terrorism as an excuse now....

sooooo bail is still a bad place 2 go, u can bitch about excuses or accept it. like that chick b4 said that shes not going since she know its right, it may b beautiful but its BAD!!!!! drop it

HSC
my parents went to bali like 20 years ago, they said its a lovely place and so are the locals, its good to see that they still the same people

however it is really bad what happend, they dont deserve it, the tsunami, bombings x2, that country hasnt done anything bad =/

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I'm here now and I can tell you the place is DEAD.

Night life is so quiet, no one is out. You go into a pub and there is just staff and hookers there.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Digital_Spork said:
When you combine all that it seems to make a pretty good case for not going.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
aaaman have u ever been to Bali?
im guessing not so dont u go trying to tell me its bad
yes you hear and see all this crap in the media, but they pick and choose what they want to portray the place as, u actually have to go there and experience the culture and people for urself before u make ridiculous judgements like that

froggy_chik87

HSC
aaaman said:
i don't give a fuck if it was ova drugs, my message was that Bali is a bad place and guess wat i got 4+ Aussies dead 2 prove u arrogant prick
dude, you didn't personally get 4+ aussies dead...the terroists did...

i think that you should just drop it...clearly the people who are going to bali for schoolies are happy and content with their decision...and they aren't going to change their plans just because YOU say don't go there...if the worst happens and there is a bombing while they are there...it will be terrible, but their choise to be ther when there are high travel warnings for the country!!

but think about it...sure australia hasn't been bombed YET...but it will...we are a high target attack...r u never going to go outside of your house...for fear that there may be an attack while you are out??

goodluck to the people going to bali...i support your decision...

connie :)

HSC
bali is still on woohoo!!!

coffs had about 30 ppl going, only about 10 have pulled out for schoolies... oh yeah it is still on

from the 30th till about the 15th of dec.. SO LET BRING BAK THE PARTY!!! WOOHOOO

i will see you there!
think about it, all teens, getting smashed on alcohol, drug free, best atmosphere, good food, friendly ppl, the the chance of getting bombeb is next to none... think about this...

for only 4 ppl to die plus 17 of 2002, out of about the 3 million ppl that go each year.. CHANCES ARE MINUTE!!! and if u hav a booking and are unsure.. go and just spent 40$ to get accom in the mountains or something!!!

schoolies is still on i done wanna hear bout u doggers all dogging out... terroists are screwed and i will kik em when i see em.. ahhahaha

all is good see u in bali... woohooo

aaaman

Banned
HSC
kristylee_ said:
aaaman have u ever been to Bali?
im guessing not so dont u go trying to tell me its bad
yes you hear and see all this crap in the media, but they pick and choose what they want to portray the place as, u actually have to go there and experience the culture and people for urself before u make ridiculous judgements like that

no i wont eva go even if you paid me 2 go n dis is B4 the 1st bombing, there r better LOCAL places to go 2 n besides that place has no moral standards

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
aaaman said:
no i wont eva go even if you paid me 2 go n dis is B4 the 1st bombing, there r better LOCAL places to go 2 n besides that place has no moral standards
have you ever been outside Australia?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)