Sleeping TIME??? (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
I find I don't need as much sleep, when I'm exercising at least 3 times a week. I find I just sleep BETTER, and have more energy generally throughout the day.

But if I'm injured/lazy/unable to get to the gym, I need at least 8 to function without tea/coffee to keep me going through the day.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
^ that's very true...when i've been really active i'll only sleep for like 6 hours but it'll be the best sleep evar and i'll wake up refreshed. when i'm a lazy shit i could sleep all day and still be tired and need caffiene to keep me alive

i think i remember learning this in high school but since it was pe class i probably wasn't paying attention

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
'Sif not have heater in shower room. I don't need to plan out my route because every step of the way I'm wrapped in my McGonagallesque tartan dressing gown before stepping into a bathroom surrounded by soothing, warm heat before I hop into my piping hot shower. Mmmm yeah.

scarybunny said:
And I do agree that waking up by yourself results in the best sleep. Isn't the last part of sleep the REM part, so if you wake up early you're cutting out the best part of sleep?
Apparently, but I was asleep for only four hours the other early morning and woke up just as my dream had finished, so I dunno how that works too. It was awesome because I was half awake for a little while afterwards so I had time to contemplate that dream in a semi-dazed stupor. :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oh man i want a bathroom heater so bad. we had one and it broke and we never fixed it/got another one.

will start hassling parents when it gets colder ;)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
angmor said:
hmm u guys seem to like sleeping. i wish we never had to sleep - there would be so much more to do in life. dont we spent almost 1/3 of our life sleeping? thats like 24 years. rofl
sometimes I see it as a waste of time, especially pre-assessment-due-date-time. the fact that you've already got enough on your plate and you have to factor in sleep!

but it's so satisfying.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
well a lot of the time i'll wake up but feel too tired to get out of bed, and i'll drift off again for hours. i'm inclined to think that the first time i wake up is when i should be getting out of bed, but it's just laziness/bed warmth that keeps me there.

and of course being woken up by outside factors like people making noise, dogs barking etc have to be taken into account.
Well that's what I presume - that it's because you didn't wake up properly, but because of something external.

Reneefitz

HSC
hmmmmmmmmmm sleep is so gosh darn amazing

i normally aim for the 10-13 hours of sleep mark, but ever since year 12 started ive been getting a meer 6-8 hour sleep.
so called "power" naps just make me more tired.

zoeanne

HSC
ppl have been saying that if they excersie they dont sleep as long and be as tired.. WHY DOESNT THIS WORK FOR ME ??:mad:
i swim, so i train every day for at least 1 hour of continious laps. but yet i still sleep non stop.. i have at least 7.5 hours sleep and still fell i need more. however im not sure if people are drinking coffee and stuff like that. but i dont drink coffee or tea or drink anything much with caffinee. or shit like that..
grr how can i get enough sleep and still not feel tired?
im always still tired until probally around 1ish, in the arvo so thats like 4 hours of school im sleepy for..
HELP :hammer:

boris

Banned
HSC
Didn't bother reading the responses so not sure if this has been said;
Apparently the sleeping pattern of teenages is greatly dependent on melatonin. It plays a role in the circadian rhythm and may be responsible for why some teenagers can go to bed at 1am and function better in late afternoon than older people who need to go to bed earlier.

HSC
i generally go to bed anywhere between 12-3am, sometimes later .. sometimes i get up at like 7 and other times i'll sleep until 2pm. fluctuating between like, 3 and 12 hours sleep ftmfl

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Working from 9-6pm and then turning around and working the same night from Midnight - 5am, then attending class from 11am onwards that day. This is definately not doing me any favours. Granted, its only two days per week like this, but my body will definately thank me when im through it.

Until then, just have to push through it. Personally, il justify it through the $45+ hourly rate between jobs.

On average, id usually sleep around 2am and wake around 7.30am.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm exactly the same as katietheskatie, except i usually go to bed ~2-4am.

neafoo

HSC
I just spent a semester going to bed at 2-3am and getting up at 7 or 8am. I felt like shit, but i fell asleep instantly when i wanted to.

rozymisty

HSC
AT the moment while im home on forced sick leave (3 wks to today), I have been sleeping from midnight to midnight, just coz im bored.

My sleep patterns depend on shifts. IF im doing a late, and then a late the next day, ill sleep maybe after 1am and get up at 10am.....If i have a late and then a morning, i get home at 11 and then go to bed around 12 after my uniform is washed....cant afford to be anurse with very little sleep...found that out one day when i was sleeping in and the boss told me iwas meant to be at work...went to bed at 3am that morning so i was rather tired

I have to do night duties starting in june, and i have 3 in a row...From previous experience with night duty, that its a killer to you and often i will feel sick afterwards. One time at uni i had only a few hrs sleep and had the worst migraine ever, and yet i couldnt sleep coz i had to do my medical law assignment.....

I normally aim for about 8hrs...

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah it takes mum 2 days to get over night shift.

It depends on the flexibility of your body clock.

I hate feeling sleepy at uni so I like to get enough sleep. That said, with all these assessments it's very difficult.

quik.

HSC
If i get called in to do night shift (7pm - 7am) i sleep from when i get home till 11 or 12 then get up and do normal stuff, go back to sleep at the same time i would normally. Works for me :]

rozymisty

HSC
Yeah i do that too, otherwise i cant sleep properly.

Man i hated being tired at uni, esp during boring lectures lol. I remember back in my education degree days, we were doing dance curriculum (shudders) and we didnt have tables, just chairs in a circle and i nearly fell off the chair several times coz i was dozing off. When we finally got a break, my friend who was sitting a few chairs from me said she wa trying hard to not laugh coz i looked silly lol.

I guess the beauty of doing night shift though is that you get that extra pay. Some of the nurses, say ICU ones do 12hr shifts so they only have to work 3 days rather than 5 days a week and that helps heaps esp if they do nights.

The thing i hate is trying to get to sleep before hand. My old place, we wer on a street corner and we'd get cars coming up the hill and around the bend with lights on full beam and its like great!! Plus doesnt help when you flat with someone who isnt a shift worker and is noisy...and you got hte room with a flimsy door!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)