HSC
I got 15" macbook pro with new snow leapord
and i easily prefer it over windows 7 on my sisters laptop

soooo, each to their own. ^^

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hence the EULA is a legal document - you break it and you can be charged. In recent years however EULAs have changed and now tend to cover many more bases, such as requesting you to give permission for the program being installed to periodically connect to the internet and send information about your computer usage.
Idiot doesn't understand the difference between criminal and civil.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Point of order...

Snow Leopard is basically a lot of bug fixes with slight visual changes...

Microsoft calls that a service pack and you get it for free...

$40 for a service pack, no thanks.
Except it's an entire system.

Fail more.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bought Snow Leopard today for $32 from JB Hifi (negotiated on price here!) and it's pretty good. My 20" iMac (Core2 Duo) feels a lot snappier but from what I've read on the net it's not truly 64-bit. Meh, either way it feels better.

That, and I got 23.46gb freed up (from 187.85gb in Leopard to 211.31gb in Snow Leopard). I used CUSTOMISE INSTALL and unticked all the other language options apart from English and Simp/Trad Chinese... but I did tick the Rosetta option (for compatibility) and also left the default printer driver options (for popular models).

joshhunt

HSC
what happens if someone under 18 violated a EULA, i could be completely wrong but don't you need to have parents consent to sign a contract if you are under 18, if a person under 18 agrees to a EULA it would not hold would it?

You don't need to be over 18 to agree to a contract.

Simply purchasing something from a shop is a contract (a very simple, verbal contract).

The fact of the matter is that, in Australia, the EULA is legally binding. You agreed to it. You said 'yes'. Whether or not it would stand up in court is a completely different question, which would depend on the circumstances surrounding the infringement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)