So, I am shitting myself. (1 Viewer)

calslut

Banned
HSC
Alright so I think I am okay.

The head of English took me into a classroom and sat me down, she was like "this is very serious" and I was like ah fuck. My introduction had about 1/4 of the words highlighted.

One colour of the highlight was from one of those BOS standard books from 2005 and the other from 2004, they think I have molded both to make my intro, which I kind of did, but I changed the words and checked it was okay with another teacher before I submitted it.

But I didn't change it enough apparently, so I then had to explain a lot of paragraphs to her, I felt so stupid because she was asking me the definition of words which I have used in essays before like "progeny", and she asked me to explain why I had used this quote:

Reaffirming the Romanticist belief that “Beauty is truth, truth is beauty” [John Keats], Huxley similarly explores this notion through the paradoxical concept that humanity is defined by its imperfection, as mankind’s attempt to remove imperfection has distanced humanity from the natural world.

Basically she was just trying to catch me out, because the introduction placed doubt on the rest of the essay... which is fair enough I guess. She is only doing her job, and making sure I don't get marks for cheating - which would harm everyone else.

Now I have to email her all the notes I used to make my essay, easy, and then in class next week I have to do a summary of some of the paragraphs which they don't believe I wrote... fair enough I guess, I am pretty bitter though.

Oh well, I get all in the A band of the marking scale minus a B for the creativity of the diptych... here's hoping they accept the truth that the entire essay bar bits of the intro is all my own work.

So much for innocent until proven guilty lol.

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
That's alright, at least they didn't give you a 0 right away. I hope everything works out ok for you.

calslut

Banned
HSC
Yeah me too, as long as I don't fuck up this explanation I have to write in class I'll be okay.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
good to hear that you're not totally screwed over. good luck

jackattack

HSC
N/A
well i think this is motherfucking aids on a motherfucking stick.

:(

bassistx

HSC
They took this way over the top. If I were you, I'd give them notes which would take them a semester to get through. Then laugh like crazy.
"So, did you finish going through my notes?"
"Well.. ahhh... YOU CHEATED!"
"You didn't answer my question."
"No, actually.. We're um.... yes..still working on it."

cal-

Banned
HSC
so i ended up just getting docked 2 marks, i got 37/40 i think. woo.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
cal- said:
good to hear... but aren't you a bit pissed with the -2 since they didn't actually prove anything?

cal-

Banned
HSC
the -2 was because i didn't change the words enough in the intro... after i got told i did... oh well.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
cal- said:
oh! oh!

holy SHIT dude you would have got 39, that is seriously so impressive. i'm pissed you still got penalised but whatever. congrats babe!

Prosper

HSC
I wonder if my teachers for English ever think something wasn't right because my questions answered in class are poor because I don't really put much effort into them because we get so many but then get average marks in assessment tasks because i put effort into them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)