So is naybody doing any subjects for the HSC which they screwed up in the Preliminary (1 Viewer)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Well I screwed up in Preliminary Chemistry and Legal Studies but I'm still doing them for Year 12. Is anybody else here doing subjects which they screwed up in the Preliminary?

Dod0

HSC
Re: So is naybody doing any subjects for the HSC which they screwed up in the Prelimi

Maybe Bilology. Considering whether to drop it or not

kfnmpah

HSC
Re: So is naybody doing any subjects for the HSC which they screwed up in the Prelimi

I failed prelim chem. Hard.
year 12 - I came second and now it's my favourite subject haha
prelim subjects are generally a little less interesting than their yer 12 counterpart. For bio and chem at least.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

How you do in Prelim is no indication of how you do in Yr 12.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC

Mathematics. I think I need a tutor.

raniaaa

:)
HSC

prelim:
physics=5th
2U maths=7th
adv. english=14

hsc:
physics=2nd
2U maths= 1st
adv. english=2nd

these were the subjects i improved on, the rest i also improved on but after a shocking performance in the trial i dropped ranks, half yearly ranks were heaps better.

anyway my point: yes you can improve drastically but just be brilliant..consistently :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

yeah, english haha

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC

i bombed in physics big time, but still keeping it for year 12.

boxhunter91

HSC

I was failing Physics Chemistry Maths and Bio last year. And was hammering English.
Now Im smashing Physics Chemistry and Bio and failing English lol.

yeah_boy

HSC

I haven't handed in not one single assignment for Art, does that count?

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC

yeah, i think from english advanced to standard. it's still a BIG maybe though

adrianchan

HSC

PHYSICSSSSSS!!! fail hardcore!!

and i dont knw whether to drop ancient or not...

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

i feel doomed

AnandDNA

HSC

Prelim:
Legal -1st
Phys-10th
SOR1 -28th

Hsc:
Legal-dropped :D
Phys 3rd
SOR 9th

Last edited:

Mehae

HSC

lol i basically failed my chem, physics and eco test, but im keeping them all as i know i didnt study enough for the prelim finals. and also the hsc content for the sciences look a lot more interesting.:spin:

raniaaa

:)
HSC

Prelim:
Legal -1st
Phys-10th
SOR1 -28th

Hsc:
Legal-dropped :D
Phys 3rd
SOR 9th

you dropped legal?! why!?

FunnyFunny0o

is funny?
HSC

i failed chemistry and did really well in business...but planning to drop biz and continue on in chem haha :spin:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

why is it that people are dropping the subject they are good at and continuing with the subjects they are not so good at?
I presume that scaling is behind all of this.. hmmm..

HSC

i did shitttt in prelim bio.
but i didnt drop it and im sooooooooo glad i didnt. loved year 12 bio so much :)

instead i dropped extension 1 english which i was coming 3rd in. and looking back pretty sure that was a good idea considering 1. the texts were crappy and 2. too much english would drive me mental even though i dont mind it at times.
i then dropped extension 1 maths during the HSC year. best decision i ever made. shouldnt have picked that crap in the first place. arghhhh the pressure of expectations. shall never give in to it again!

HSC

why is it that people are dropping the subject they are good at and continuing with the subjects they are not so good at?
I presume that scaling is behind all of this.. hmmm..
nahhh i dropped my best 2 scaling subjects haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)