Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
ahh..ok

hmm..can we win, well to be honest i dunno the exact squad

but if it is similiar to the one we used against arsenal during league cup, then theres a big chance of wining

but i mean if Fergie decides to field a very youthful line up where u see Spector in CB(no disrespecti, he is the best CB to come through), then i might question our chances cos we can easily field Wes and O'Shea there instead

Redrum<<

HSC
N/A
Seraph said:
lalalal

Porto 2 - Chelsea 1

hahah suck it Chelsea
u dont think that was half a setup?...he was once there manager

^___^
HSC
Redrum<< said:
u do know all of porto wants his head..right?

he has been recieving death threats since he left
besides, half of the supporters hated him

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Woah Liverpool, I've never been so excited over a game involvin them. But man I gotta take my hat off to them this time, what a great fight back. Gerrardz goal was simply magnificent.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
yep that was 1 great goal by Gerrard, Kewell had a pretty good game lucky that heady he missed didnt come back to haunt him...

Last edited:

ZabZu

HSC
... said:
u do know all of porto wants his head..right?

he has been recieving death threats since he left
besides, half of the supporters hated him
I reckon he deserves it. He has no loyalty to his club and he was getting a shitload of money at Porto as it is. Plus he is very arrogant.

ZabZu

HSC
sorry people, not the death threats but the Porto supporters have the right to be angry at him. That was what i meant

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
woohoo Liverpool are thru!!1!! :D

Absolutely superb comeback in the 2nd half, you could hear the Kop roaring the Reds onto get the 3 goals they needed. Inspired substitutions from Rafa the Gaffer, with both Pongolle & Mellor coming off the bench to score. Stevie G's goal was just sublime :uhhuh:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yep, terrific effort from the lads. Seems our chances of getting a relatively easy 2nd round draw are slim though. Because we can only play first placed, non-English clubs, this is how it's gonna pan out:

Best case scenario: Bayern Leverkusen or Lyon- provided we get investment and reinforcements in Jan, I think both of these are fairly beatable. Levkusen's atrocious away from home, and while Lyon's a tad more dangerous, a fully fit side should have them covered.

2nd best scenario: Inter- Frankly, terrifc as the win was today, Olympiakos is still a minnow as far as real European competition is concerned. Inter's been in rampaging form in Europe and it showed when they won with a 2nd string side yesterday 3-0. Tough ask, but doable on our day.

Mission Impossible: Milan or Juve- The only chance is if Kraft does invest in Liverpool and give us a lot of money to spend. Bring in Anelka, Wright-Phillips and King and Gallas, and also hope that Kewell strikes top form. Otherwise it'd take all the luck in the world and then some.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Man U lost 3-0. They never seem to be able to win when fieldin weakened teams in Europe.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Teams that Arsenal can get in the next stage:

Bremen
Bayern
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Porto

Real Madrid please :D

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
Best case scenario: Bayern Leverkusen or Lyon- provided we get investment and reinforcements in Jan, I think both of these are fairly beatable. Levkusen's atrocious away from home, and while Lyon's a tad more dangerous, a fully fit side should have them covered.
ahh.. but it is the same Leverkusen that beat Madrid 3-0 (which is not saying much, i know) with an attacking partnership which I consider to be highly lethal - Berbatov and França.. who combine South American technical genius with Eastern European efficiency :)

heh, Deportivo got owned AGAIN by Monaco :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
You know.. I think all this Madrid dissing is getting a bit old. Not to say I'm a fan, but they've improved a fair bit in the last couple of weeks and it'd be pretty silly to write them off. Best case scenario for Arsenal is by far Porto I'd say.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I don't want Real Madrid because I think they'd be easy, I just want to see Arsenal play them. A dream matchup for me.

I reckon we could do any of those teams if we're on our game. However Barca might run through us without Gilberto, so unless Vieira stops playing shit from now on I'd want to avoid them.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Redrum<< said:

i couldnt give a shit

as long as Arsenal wins their games and especially beat the living shit out Chelsea i couldnt care less

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Yep, finishing first in their group certainly won't hurt chances for a good draw.

Come Sunday, hopefully the Arse can make the defense of those blue baggers a little more respectable by bangin 5 past'em.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
max said:
Yep, finishing first in their group certainly won't hurt chances for a good draw.

Come Sunday, hopefully the Arse can make the defense of those blue baggers a little more respectable by bangin 5 past'em.

The only English team to top their group and remain unbeaten throughout the whole phase. Crisis huh?

We'll stuff these cunts on Sunday....

I hope.

HSC
Arsenal have got nothing except a bunch of whinging Frenchmen and the most hypocritical manager in the game

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
You must be a united fan... can't say much for them.
If not, just a jealous individual, who probably doesn't know what 'whinging' is.

Nice av, Dutchie!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
LoL @ Man United

cant wait till they coem to highbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)