Star Wars! (SPOILER WARNING) (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Generator said:
You're happy that they ruined Jedi in such a fashion? It was easy enough to realise that the original apparition was Anakin given that he returned to the light at the last. To tell the truth, it is hard for me to accept that anyone could possibly wonder which person the ghost that stood beside Ben and Yoda represented, be they a fan or not.

Sorry.

Edit: As I said at first but later removed, the facial features of Vader unmasked and Anakin the apparition clearly matched, and that's to be expected given that it was the same actor in both scenes. Christensen's appearance did nothing bar appease those newer fans unwilling to try and think for a change.

As you may be able to tell, I'm a bit of a fan.
harsh. (are you saying i'm a new fan? excuse me?)
you say he "returns to the light". as a jedi he went away from "the light" effectively died in ep3. so it's fitting that he returns in his jedi form. as darth vader he was "more machine than man" so it doesnt make sense that he returns as the apparition of a middle-aged man, because he never really was one.
although it made sense, i agree that it was unnecesary to take mr random out of the movie. they can't change the old trilogy to suit the new one. they might as well say that leia doesnt remember her mother (how can she if padme dies like 5 mins after she is born? and dont say 'the force'... that's the cheaters way out)
i had to quote obi wan... because it makes me look good. =P
and i am such a bigger star wars nerd than you.

X

xeuyrawp

scarybunny said:
Not me. Not only am I a big SW nerd, but I'm a much, much larger person than you. And we all know the fatter you are, the better at starwars trivia you become.

Generator

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
harsh. (are you saying i'm a new fan? excuse me?)
you say he "returns to the light". as a jedi he went away from "the light" effectively died in ep3. so it's fitting that he returns in his jedi form. as darth vader he was "more machine than man" so it doesnt make sense that he returns as the apparition of a middle-aged man, because he never really was one.
although it made sense, i agree that it was unnecesary to take mr random out of the movie. they can't change the old trilogy to suit the new one. they might as well say that leia doesnt remember her mother (how can she if padme dies like 5 mins after she is born? and dont say 'the force'... that's the cheaters way out)
i had to quote obi wan... because it makes me look good. =P
Effectively died isn't the same as died. Besides, Ben's more machine than man comment was countered by Luke's there is good in him line. Given that he returned to the light before he died, it does make sense that his apparition was that of Anakin as he died rather than as he was. If you believe otherwise, then you are a strange person/fan as far as I'm concerned.

As for Leia, we only know that she was talking about who she believed to be her real mother. Given that we did not actually see her or hear of any other reference to her throughout the original trilogy, we cannot be sure as to whether Leia was referring to her real mother or who she believed to be her real mother (flimsy, yes, but it makes far more sense than your own argument against the original ghost of Anakin).

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Not me. Not only am I a big SW nerd, but I'm a much, much larger person than you. And we all know the fatter you are, the better at starwars trivia you become.
shit i must be awful at trivia... im not fat.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
shit, they put Hayden in at the end of ROTJ? That certainly must look silly (I haven't seen it myself)

I guess now we all know what Obi-Wan says to Vader in A New Hope - "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
I was disappointed that Obi Wan didn't communicate directly to Qui Gon in Ep3 though..

Generator

HSC
N/A
Minai said:
shit, they put Hayden in at the end of ROTJ? That certainly must look silly (I haven't seen it myself)
To tell the truth, they actually managed to insert Christensen as Anakin quite well, it's just that there was no need for it at all. Each to their own, though.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Minai said:
it looks silly because anakin is the father but luke looks older.
it does make sense, though.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Effectively died isn't the same as died. Besides, Ben's more machine than man comment was countered by Luke's there is good in him line. Given that he returned to the light before he died, it does make sense that his apparition was that of Anakin as he died rather than as he was. If you believe otherwise, then you are a strange person/fan as far as I'm concerned.
Actually, the reason why Lucas did this was due to the logic bunny was effectively endorsing. Lucas says in the Trilogy DVD commentary: “When Vader joins the Force, he’s able to retain his original identity as he was when he died as Anakin Skywalker. Since Yoda and Ben retained their good identities until they were old, that’s how their Force ghosts appear.”

Generator

HSC
N/A
Well, Lucas is a strange one, then :p. Either way it makes sense, I suppose, but the appearance of Anakin as he was isn't something that I agree with given that he never truly died/gave himself to the Dark side of the Force. Oh well, Lucas as the creator knows all.

Edit: This would have to be my first 'argument' in the fan vs fan sense. I feel so strange.

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Generator said:
This would have to be my first 'argument' in the fan vs fan sense. I feel so strange.
me too. let's be friends.

Riewe

HSC
I guess it should've been more emotional to me, but i was sitting there thinking 'the Jedis are getting what they deserved' With their powers, they knew that something was fishy with Palpatine, and they should've sensed that Anakin was becoming darker, so pairing these two up was pretty much a suicide plan. Anaking was among the best fighters, and instead of sending him off to fight, they made him spy on Palpatine. Whoever made these decisions deserve what happened to them IMO. That made me fell 'meh' when all the Jedi died. Even though they still would've been slaughtered either way, their actions just made me feel less sorry for them.

And i never cared for Padme. This is probably caused by the seriously crappy acting on Portman's part and some lame dialogue and scenes for, but in the end, i was like 'shit happens' when she dies. If the character was done properly, i would be 'Oh no. Don't die!!!', but alas, it was never to be

But it definitely was one of the most exciting movies i've seen. Good pacing meant it was always moving, and never got stagnant (a problem in the other two). And i would definitely see it again.

waterfowl

HSC
Can someone explain how it is that in ROTJ Anakin does become a force ghost?
Because according to what Yoda says to Obi-Wan in III, you need to train to get that ability; and Vader was obviously not aware of it in ANH because he kills Obi-Wan, effectly making him 'more powerful'.
Thats one of my criticisms; and the whole Leia remembering her mother, she has a damn good memory!

X

xeuyrawp

waterfowl said:
Can someone explain how it is that in ROTJ Anakin does become a force ghost?
Because according to what Yoda says to Obi-Wan in III, you need to train to get that ability; and Vader was obviously not aware of it in ANH because he kills Obi-Wan, effectly making him 'more powerful'.!
What other option did he have but kill him?

I think that Annie/Vader were so powerful that when they went back to the light side, he could become a ghost.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well he was the chosen one, so he prob had the ability to do that even though he may or may not have realised it.
also he destroyed the sith, emperor and darth vader, u can say they are 2 ppl cause really they are, so through the will of the force it may have just turned him into the force ghost.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
also, who says he didn't know about that ability, if the emperor told him about Darth plaguoes(sp?) and how he can stop ppl from dying, maybe Vader learnt that ability under his time with the emperor, not directly from him but perhaps on his own, cause im sure Vader did stuff the emperor didnt know about, like on ROTJ, when Vader senses luke on endor and palpatine cant sense that, there must have been situations when Vader didnt tell the emperor what he was up to..also in ROTS he did say to padme that he was more powerful than the emperor and wanted them to rule the galaxy.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
went an saw it Saturday night, top movie

haha cant believe Dark Vader has got 2 kids

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
IP_freely said:
haha cant believe Dark Vader has got 2 kids
Who would have thought, apart from anyone that has seen 1983's Return of the Jedi, that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)