Started making notes for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
Anyone gotten far in terms of writing notes on any subject? let me know..

nerd_2b

HSC
dotpoints as in concise ones on your topics? I tend to do that as a summary at the end

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I study by:

- Summarising my work into notes that are relevant to the course outcomes/syllabus
- Rereading these notes
- Answering questions regarding these notes

So yeah, I've written lots already =]

Last edited:

jet

Banned
HSC
You should start straight away. Who gives a crap about anybody else. Ensure you get in as quickly as possible.

Step 1: Open a word document.
Step 2: Begin writing out syllabus points into document.
Step 3: That day (cannot emphasise this enough), after school, summarise subject work under each relevant syllabus point.
Step 4: Before trials, print out notes.
Step 5: Study these notes.
Step 6: Watch the marks roll in.

Last edited:

nerd_2b

HSC
have you done at least half a topic full of notes? Because I have for business and 1/5 way for chemistry's 1st topic.

nerd_2b

HSC
yes, I've started, but I just lose concentration sometimes....I get so frustrated when I study theoretical subjects and bored for chemistry... do you know any good ways to study for maths and where I can find good resources?

jet

Banned
HSC
The only "notes" (in the traditional sense) which you write for maths are the formulas. Knowing where they apply and what they are is basically all you need to know. Otherwise, maths study is just past papers, past papers, past papers.

Klutsov

HSC
Started making dot points for Physics on ThursdaySure we seem keen, but no better time to study than NOW

Katherwin

HSC
I handwrite summaries. It takes a little longer and requires a little more focus, so I feel it sinks in better. Plus, I hate reading long stuff off computers, and my summaries are in little books so I could work on them in free periods and study them pretty much anywhere.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I handwrite summaries. It takes a little longer and requires a little more focus, so I feel it sinks in better. Plus, I hate reading long stuff off computers, and my summaries are in little books so I could work on them in free periods and study them pretty much anywhere.
I couldn't agree more. There's just something about typing/reading off computers that makes useful information bounce right off me. I'd recommend summarising in your book, and answering questions on each topic.

nerd_2b

HSC
Me too. However, from time to time, I don't mind typing up a few dotpoints worth of notes. i am not too sure of how often to review my notes, as they are really long now. Any suggestions>?

speedofsound

HSC
lol as if anyone is gonna write up notes for every single subject every single day after school

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lol as if anyone is gonna write up notes for every single subject every single day after school
I did, and trust me its a life savior cause it takes stress out much later on, such as now where some people are trying to make notes and are stressing out. Just try it for a term and see.

copeys

HSC
I did no study up until about 2 weeks before each set of exams, and god, it was stressful...

START NOW! I advise just to do your notes after school, and try and summaries it as much as possible... one thing a teacher told me was as you COMPLETELY understand something (able to do past questions etc) cross it out, and study the rest harder....

Then, once everything is crossed out, print some more off, and do it again.

Last edited:

speedofsound

HSC
Heaps of people do it. I mean, if in anytime in your life you should do it, do it now.
i find it very hard to believe that any single HSC student has managed to write up notes for every one of their subjects every night for each of the 300 odd days of year 12

duckcowhybrid

HSC
You should start straight away. Who gives a crap about anybody else. Ensure you get in as quickly as possible.

Step 1: Open a word document.
Step 2: Begin writing out syllabus points into document.
Step 3: That day (cannot emphasise this enough), after school, summarise subject work under each relevant syllabus point.
Step 4: Before trials, print out notes.
Step 5: Study these notes.
Step 6: Watch the marks roll in.
When the fuck am I supposed to do homework if I do this shit? I need 4-5 hours to do homework, after that I just want to sleep asap. For me I just download notes off the internet memorize them in a week or two and watch the marks roll in. I wrote no notes for my Economics Yearly and got 98/100. Ditto Modern History, got 78/80. Ditto Chem, got 45/49. Those are my only note taking subjects. It's not very hard.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
When the fuck am I supposed to do homework if I do this shit? I need 4-5 hours to do homework, after that I just want to sleep asap. For me I just download notes off the internet memorize them in a week or two and watch the marks roll in. I wrote no notes for my Economics Yearly and got 98/100. Ditto Modern History, got 78/80. Ditto Chem, got 45/49. Those are my only note taking subjects. It's not very hard.
You're right. Don't make any notes for any of your subjects. Don't listen to jetblack, he's only one of the smartest people on this forum.
You little arrogant prick, get off your high horse just because you go to James Ruse. It's people like you that give your school a bad name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)