Started making notes for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
To be honest, a lot of homework in Year 12 is utterly pointless. I'm not saying that all is, but you need to learn what is neccessary and what isn't.
For people who learn through notes, what Jetblack has suggested is perfect and I wish that I had done it. If you can print notes out, then thats cool.

So much of Year 12 is doing what works for you. So figure it out pretty quick.

untouchablecuz

HSC
To be honest, a lot of homework in Year 12 is utterly pointless. I'm not saying that all is, but you need to learn what is neccessary and what isn't.
For people who learn through notes, what Jetblack has suggested is perfect and I wish that I had done it. If you can print notes out, then thats cool.

So much of Year 12 is doing what works for you. So figure it out pretty quick.
this; i didnt do any homework, just made notes according to syllabus dot points

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
When the fuck am I supposed to do homework if I do this shit? I need 4-5 hours to do homework, after that I just want to sleep asap. For me I just download notes off the internet memorize them in a week or two and watch the marks roll in. I wrote no notes for my Economics Yearly and got 98/100. Ditto Modern History, got 78/80. Ditto Chem, got 45/49. Those are my only note taking subjects. It's not very hard.
LOL I am the opposite. No homework...just make my own notes.But whatever floats your boat aye? :D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Homework? Ahahahahahaha.

Do notes which follow the syllabus but include details where possible.

Don't make notes for maths - this is the one subject where you need to do your homework/do past papers.

No need for notes for English, just do your assignments as soon as you get them.

alina yousif

HSC
For business studies because i had learnt my work so well, i only studied off the syllabus before my trials and hsc.. so my recommendation, make you're notes (write them. i personally think you remember it more and also because i personally hate reading off typed notes - makes me sleepy), answer many questions on that topic (don't just simply read notes but try to apply them to many questions as possible), write formulas (maths + economics etc) and definitions of important words and stick them up in your room (my room is filled with notes stuck on the wall!! mum wants to kill me) and study study study!! ps. past papers are your best friends this year, especially for maths so treat them with respect =]

alina yousif

HSC
LOL I am the opposite. No homework...just make my own notes.But whatever floats your boat aye? :D
lolll i agree.. i think i stopped doing homework in year 11! .. the "homework" i got was pathetic and time consuming so i just used that time to make notes :)

zaefr

HSC
1. making notes everyday clashes with other work, id suggest doing dotpoint summaries every weekend. 2. as for hw, just do it, its the bare minimum....if u cbb, just do questions consistently from the textbook (ESPECIALLY for maths) 3. oh and after u finish a topic, do past paper questions on it. i might sound up myself atm but i pretty much failed to do these things consistently and so my marks dropped. dont make the same mistakes HSC of 2010

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
When the fuck am I supposed to do homework if I do this shit? I need 4-5 hours to do homework, after that I just want to sleep asap. For me I just download notes off the internet memorize them in a week or two and watch the marks roll in. I wrote no notes for my Economics Yearly and got 98/100. Ditto Modern History, got 78/80. Ditto Chem, got 45/49. Those are my only note taking subjects. It's not very hard.
Cool good for you. Just a tip - people that come first in Yr 11, rarely ever come first in Yr 12. Stop being so arrogant.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
A general tip for writing notes for sciences: For Physics try to write 6 things for each dot point, for Chemistry try to write 7 points for each dot point and for Biology try to write 8 points for each dot point. Why? Well because the maximum mark for an individual question in Physics is 6, for Chemistry it's 7 and for Biology it's 8.

nerd_2b

HSC
but won't coming first in year 11 motivate them to study harder in year 12?

raniaaa

:)
HSC
sometimes. although generally in year 12 most people get really really into their work, even those you wouldn't expect it from. and generally those that didn't come first in year 11 get really pumped and like "i was so close i'm gonna beat this person" and then they study hard, and then yeah. basically year 11 means jack all and if you come first or not it means nothing, everyone (generally) is equally motivated for year 12.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not really. Coming first makes people complacent. Coming second makes people wanna come first. So the saying goes: "To come first (again), you've gotta work like your number two".

0bs3n3

HSC
Not really. Coming first makes people complacent. Coming second makes people wanna come first. So the saying goes: &quot;To come first (again), you've gotta work like your number two&quot;.
QFT. I came 2nd in the Prelim Maths 2U exam and now I am as pumped as ever to beat this chick who is coming 1st.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Shit, I came 1st in four subjects this year.

GUYS THIS ISN'T SOUNDING GOOD.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I write notes for maths. Just the 'how to' procedures on solving particularly hard problems and reminders of where I may go wrong. I try and use words to explain math problems whenever possible.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Cool good for you. Just a tip - people that come first in Yr 11, rarely ever come first in Yr 12. Stop being so arrogant.
Well, maybe it's different for us. One girl has been topping most of her subjects for the last 5years, and will almost definitely keep doing so in yr12. I'd have to agree with him on this as well- I only keep my notes up to date for chem, and it's as much as I can do to finish most of the hw for other subjects. And then I cram making notes a few weeks before the exams, and so far it's been working fine for me, and the other people who study off my notes >___o but yeah, whatever floats your boat.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, maybe it's different for us. One girl has been topping most of her subjects for the last 5years, and will almost definitely keep doing so in yr12. I'd have to agree with him on this as well- I only keep my notes up to date for chem, and it's as much as I can do to finish most of the hw for other subjects. And then I cram making notes a few weeks before the exams, and so far it's been working fine for me, and the other people who study off my notes >___o but yeah, whatever floats your boat.
That may be so. Connie and Prat said that your grade had a genius. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)