State Ranking (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaon0

HSC
dp624 said:
But that 100 does not equate a 100% (84/84), it's only moderated htat way.
There are so many people out there that on their day can get 100 and do.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I kinda trust Trebla more :S So I'll take his word for it
Anyways, it's a given that Ruse will get state rankers, just a matter of how many..
My tutor(went to Ruse) was telling me about the new principal, and how he's gonna drag the school down.. And I trust her, the school will probably move down a rank or two next year, and then the fall of Ruse will come

youngminii

Banned
HSC
shaon0 said:
lol. Good work, Lyounamu. You mustn't have talked to many of them.
How can you argue with someone that sat the fucking test?
Everyone I know says the test was a LOT different(and hence, harder) than previous years
Although my head maths teacher was laughing at the exam :D

dp624

HSC
youngminii said:
Anyways, it's a given that Ruse will get state rankers, just a matter of how many..
My tutor(went to Ruse) was telling me about the new principal, and how he's gonna drag the school down.. And I trust her, the school will probably move down a rank or two next year, and then the fall of Ruse will come
Trust trebla more than me =O? lawl

Ruse will stay strong for 2-3 years at least. btw principal is a she

dp624

HSC
shaon0 said:
There are so many people out there that on their day can get 100 and do.
I'll believe namu. I srsly dont think more than 4 get 84/84, though i agree there isn't as much correlation between difficulty and top mark

shaon0

HSC
youngminii said:
How can you argue with someone that sat the fucking test?
Everyone I know says the test was a LOT different(and hence, harder) than previous years
Although my head maths teacher was laughing at the exam :D
I've asked ppl and they've said that the test was relatively the same in terms of difficulty. It depends on someone's definition of difficult.

dp624

HSC
General consensus on BOS is that it was more difficult. If you didn't find it so, then good werk mate.
But back to topic?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
dp624 said:
Trust trebla more than me =O? lawl

Ruse will stay strong for 2-3 years at least. btw principal is a she
She? I see
Well, see, next year my school will beat Ruse, so they'll have to move down a rank :rofl:

Topic: No I do not think I will get state ranking.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
youngminii said:
Never thought it would happen. It's a bit like the Dragons in the 50s and 60s.

btw I seriously doubt if I have the ability to get a state rank.

dp624

HSC
youngminii said:
She? I see
Well, see, next year my school will beat Ruse, so they'll have to move down a rank :rofl:

Topic: No I do not think I will get state ranking.
Out of interest, who tutors you? lawl are they from ruse'08? + what school, gl beating ruse

kony

HSC
dp624 said:
Well last year it was like 1234 then 55555555
so i think maybe the cut off was 82 for state rank?
Probably around the same this year then
i was one of those people who came 5th, and i am absolutely sure i got full marks in the final exam (and came 1st internally). if i were to put a guess on it, i'd say 20 people in the state got full marks in 2007.

it all comes down to the methods you solved particular questions using that determine whether you can join the state ranker's list.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
kony said:
i was one of those people who came 5th, and i am absolutely sure i got full marks in the final exam (and came 1st internally). if i were to put a guess on it, i'd say 20 people in the state got full marks in 2007.

it all comes down to the method you solved particular questions that determine whether you can join the state ranker's list.
Then how would they differentiate? You must have lost a mark for working or something then.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
dp624 said:
Out of interest, who tutors you? lawl are they from ruse'08? + what school, gl beating ruse
I was joking
My school's ranked like.. 120 or some crap (although the top half of my grade shows great promise)
But yeah, the person that tutors me is from ruse '07

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
youngminii said:
And I trust her, the school will probably move down a rank or two next year, and then the fall of Ruse will come
Well given last year's results which bounced them way ahead of the 2nd placed school (something like a whopping 20% DA above 2nd place) which hasn't happened since 2004, that's quite hard to believe. It'll be interesting to see how much they lead over 2nd place this time...lol

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Trebla said:
Well given last year's results which bounced them way ahead of the 2nd placed school (something like a whopping 20% DA above 2nd place) which hasn't happened since 2004, that's quite hard to believe. It'll be interesting to see how much they lead over 2nd place this time...lol
Ahh but don't forget the ## extra ******s they got
HOLY SHIT IT'S AUTO CENSORED!?

dp624

HSC
Trebla said:
Funnily enough, the lead in 2007 was 28%. Lead in 2006 was 35%... lawl dropping!
but new principal came after that. glad to say ruse08 isnt adversely affected by her

youngminii

Banned
HSC
dp624 said:
Funnily enough, the lead in 2007 was 28%. Lead in 2006 was 35%... lawl dropping!
but new principal came after that. glad to say ruse08 isnt adversely affected by her
'08 results not out yet. Too early to judge.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
What's wrong with this new Ruse principal? Not as strict or something?

It is hard to see how one principal could affect the entire school cohort. I'm sure there's been a succession of Ruse principals before and have not altered the marks much.

I know our new principal (Gosford High) in 2007 annoyed the fuck out of a lot of us. And especially the grade above us! But in the end all that changed were a few schedules, increased funding and stupid new systems that no longer affect us because we aren't there.

Our grade's work ethic was as bad as it always was lol. But whatever works.

dp624

HSC
Patar said:
What's wrong with this new Ruse principal? Not as strict or something?

It is hard to see how one principal could affect the entire school cohort. I'm sure there's been a succession of Ruse principals before and have not altered the marks much.

I know our new principal (Gosford High) in 2007 annoyed the fuck out of a lot of us. And especially the grade above us! But in the end all that changed were a few schedules, increased funding and stupid new systems that no longer affect us because we aren't there.

Our grade's work ethic was as bad as it always was lol. But whatever works.
New ruse principal isn't as charismatic as Mr Quinlan. He was awesome, it was due to him that Ruse went uphill like heck. New principal makes long gay speeches and talks in a convoluted manner. Probably does not care about education and keeping Ruse at the top as much as Quinlan did. Very few people like her.
Plus a lot of good teachers are leaving. Mr Wearne, (Quinlan's right hand man) is going this year. He's really good too. That, and the general lower quality of cohorts 2-3 years down the line will result in Ruse's slow decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)