Status
Not open for further replies.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
lyounamu said:
So were they equally ranked?

Can Ruse just give out same ranks? Or is it just that they happen to do so? I am assuming that they rank people based on whole number system. If not, there is NO WAY that they can give out so many same ranks.
Well if you think about it. Ruse generally has a cohort bunched up at the top end, even internally. A one mark difference internally often means something like a 5 rank difference in Ruse....lol

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
So were they equally ranked?

Can Ruse just give out same ranks? Or is it just that they happen to do so? I am assuming that they rank people based on whole number system. If not, there is NO WAY that they can give out so many same ranks.
@ Shaon0
Well, acutally, you'd be suprised. The gaps between hte marks usually allow for pretty darn good discrimination (to 2dp) between people unless they got the EXACT same marks every assessment.

@ namu
Yeah, Ruse is gay. They give out equal internal ranks. I think they just bracket a whole lot of people at arbitrary levels.
Does anyone know the consequences of this? Are the marks going to be the median or what? I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a bit shifty, perhaps it allows for higher overall marks in some convoluted way. Need more people to help my understanding of it

@ trebla
a one mark difference (raw) internally is a LOT more than 5 ranks, especially when you're near the very top or you're around average. For those slightly above average and those below average it's a bit better

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
In that case, Ruse should make their assessments harder :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
In that case, Ruse should make their assessments harder :p
lol

Then Ruse people will get more competitive, hence smarter. We don't want that. :(

youngminii

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
lol

Then Ruse people will get more competitive, hence smarter. We don't want that. :(
They should make it so impossibly hard that they just all give up hope
-dreams-

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
youngminii said:
They should make it so impossibly hard that they just all give up hope
-dreams-
No, given the nature of the people at Ruse, that's not going to happen. They should make it so easy like 1+1 = 2 question so that everyone gets a same rank and hence loosen them all.

In that way, when they do the HSC, for their internal marks, they will get average mark (which wouldn't be too high) and get crap HSC marks too as they would have been quite loosened...

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
No, given the nature of the people at Ruse, that's not going to happen. They should make it so easy like 1+1 = 2 question so that everyone gets a same rank and hence loosen them all.

In that way, when they do the HSC, for their internal marks, they will get average mark (which wouldn't be too high) and get crap HSC marks too as they would have been quite loosened...
Why are you so competitive?

dp624

HSC
Ruse assessments genenrally aren't really hard. Probably slightly harder than HSC only? But this year HSC 4u was kinda a joke for Ruse kids cos our trial was heaps harder.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Ruse assessments genenrally aren't really hard. Probably slightly harder than HSC only? But this year HSC 4u was kinda a joke for Ruse kids cos our trial was heaps harder.
So you guys didn't find 4 unit hard at all? My maths teacher said it was probably the hardest paper.

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
So you guys didn't find 4 unit hard at all? My maths teacher said it was probably the hardest paper.
Trial was harder (still a couple of ruse ppl on 119/120, wow). Praps not easy, but sort of anticlimatic after the terrible ordeal of trial

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
People who are trying to be sarcastic don't write a paragraph ;)
People who cannot identify the simplest form of sarcasm don't even post up at all. :)

kony

HSC
lyounamu said:
well the president said there were WMDs.

independantz

HSC
I don't know what WMD's are either , however he's trying to imply that even the president gets things wrong.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)