student guild elections - empower vs. vision (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
rofl tonberry_kun

we will take you up on that offer rukawasan
hopefully youre wrong ;)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
babydoll_ said:
rofl tonberry_kun

we will take you up on that offer rukawasan
hopefully youre wrong ;)
haha... for u babydoll... its free... except only in a private room

haha... nah... bring it on... check it... absolute truth

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
rukawasan...I've noticed that you are running for ComSoc with Angela's NOVA ticket

(I know this because I'm the returning officer for the election this year, meaning all the 'power' belongs to me..ie disqualifications etc)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
minai ur the RO eh?
thats interesting...

how do u know my name anyway?

meshy

rukawasan, you make me laugh

you probably weren't at university last year, but Power were disqualified for breaking the rules. Power "won" the election, and got kicked out for cheating. Now you're making out as though they're royalty.

Based on their track record, power should be the last anyone should vote for - i'd say a lot of people who actually bothered to vote last year, haven't forgotten what power did. It's just all the impressionable first years who don't know what happened..

rukawasan, about power standing up to the union board, you're joking right - have you heard Manoj (the leader of power) speak?

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
yeah, what did happen exactly last yr?

mraverage

meshy said:
rukawasan, you make me laugh

you probably weren't at university last year, but Power were disqualified for breaking the rules. Power "won" the election, and got kicked out for cheating. Now you're making out as though they're royalty.

Based on their track record, power should be the last anyone should vote for - i'd say a lot of people who actually bothered to vote last year, haven't forgotten what power did. It's just all the impressionable first years who don't know what happened..

rukawasan, about power standing up to the union board, you're joking right - have you heard Manoj (the leader of power) speak?
Power were disqualified because the electoral officer who controlled the elections was a dodgy friend of the Students First team. Vision is just Students First in a new name because the Students First name is severly tainted.

And also from wat I heard, Steve Legg at last Thur's presidential debate spoke for only 1 minute about absolutely nothing and could answer no questions... prolly because he has no solid policy, which is prolly why hardly anyone in uni knows what the guild actually does

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
everyone's saying "i've heard" this and that about ther other party... most likely both parties are spreading propaganda and lies (altho there could be some truth in them)

both power and vision are dodgy...

.'. VOTE [1] Tonberry_kun ?!

meshy

tonberry - it's not really a case of who said what, Power was disqualified. I don't really care for any party mentioned, except I find it a bit amusing when people make out that x party is bad so vote power, when power has the worst track record of the lot.

I was actually at the speech thing last thursday, and Power would need a 2 fold increase in fees to enact the plans the excitable manoj was going on about. I just wanted to eat my lunch!

wogboy - I agree, I want my money!

addz

HSC
its so complicated...and so much shit's going on in and behind the scenes...
thank god it aint a compulsory vote...coz i really wouldnt have a clue except for seeing people in diff. colour shirts hand me fliers on the lib lawn..

mraverage

Power doesnt need to increase any fees to fund its plans because it wont corruptly use $10,000 worth of guild money to fund its own legal battles. that is wat courtney roche of students first did this year- activating her 'emergency' spending powers with no consideration of its impact on the university students.

i agree, the guild and politics is complicated but if you read Tharunka, its a good way to understand some of these issues I guess... on that point, the current editors of students first themselves were disatisfied with courtney's work this year and wanted independence from her, leading them to effectively leave their own team from last year

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
in my opinion, tharunka should be independant of everything...the guild and the union - its the only way to provide a true and fair voice for what the hell goes on with the so-called "student politicians" using our money
either that, or bring on VSU...who gives a shit about discounted food, the prices are rising - what a contradiction

rukawasan - I saw your face (previously your avatar) on the entry things Angela gave me

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
tonberry... and ppl
why are u all so cynical abt student politics... some of them are actually out there to make life better for u at uni... not all of them... but some of them actually care abt u... and how to make ur experience at uni better

and in reply to meshy
first of all... everyone dont u think its a bit dodgy meshy is an unsw med student... and it just so happens vision (which is actually student first in disguise cos they've already got such a bad rep they need to change their name to disassociate themselves)... it so happens that vision has its strongest support in unsw med... that this dude... who just happens to be a med student... is trying to slander us...

and ok meshy... power did get disqualified last yr... we made a formal complaint to the unsw ombudsman abt corruption in the guild election and our "so called disqualification"... and u know what... after a formal investigation/inquiry... the unsw ombudsman found in our favour... and sent a formal letter to the unsw board complaining of the unfairness of the dismissal...

if anyone doesnt believe me... i have the letter to prove it... ask anyone in a red t-shirt tomorrow... and they'll show u the letter which the unsw ombudsman wrote to the uni board that says after a formal inquiry Power was unfairly disqualified...

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
and oh yeh... meshy... if u have any reply to that... id like to hear it... if not then shut up and stop talking abt something u have no idea abt

stamos

sellout
HSC
i am going to abstain from voting cause you all sound like shonky cunts

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
stamos said:
i am going to abstain from voting cause you all sound like shonky cunts
that choice is urs in the end... but i just want to say... dude... u pay 100dollars every year for the guild to represent ur interests and campaign for ur good... so what im saying is no matter which party u end up voting for or if ur not even gona vote.... the least u should do is take 5mins of ur time and talk of one of their ppl and find out abt their policies... because u do pay 100dollars every year... if after u talked to them... u still dont want to vote... then its ur choice...

coupla yrs from now... if ur paying thousands of dollars extra for ur hecs... think back and rmb that u could have made a difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)