Student Webmail (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
i didnt bother with email until the first week when they said expect alot of uni emails and i logged on and it was empty.
plus i was more infatuated with webct, which wasnt working at the time [wrong password, its your birthday] and pweb which had all that unconfirmed crap.

Jacks

HSC
I agree especially when they pick up a virus which automatically circulates all of these e-mails from various people you don't even know...I have no idea if any of you were caught up in that but yes, every one in a while you'll get an important e-mail so you have to bother to check every now and then and hope your inbox isn't cluttered with too much useless information. :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes, I was caught up in that email circulation thingo as well last year. I'm like wtf, who are all these people. You could actually read peoples emails ... not that i did. But it did take a long time for them to fix the problem though.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Jacks said:
student webmail is working now for continuing students...if you have activated your account and tried to log in using your student ID and the password you chose then perhaps you have to wait awhile longer for your mail to be activated since you're a new student...the only advice we can give is to keep trying and be patient...are there any other first years in the same boat? or has someone been able to log in to their student webmail account?
yep i am in the same boat as well and you know what is weird is after you activate your account near the disclaimer at the webmail it says you can use it after fifteen minutes of having your account activated which is pretty weird since it doesnt work

also, the password for email is the one we made up right?

klh

HSC
i was also caught up in that email thingy too. it was for the student survey thing, if you did the survey, you go that email circulation. most of those emails only contained complaints like wtf is this??? I emailed the computer admin ppl and they were like yeah we are fixing it right now blah blah blah.

Enrolments?
i menat platformweb, viewing units enrolled in and if they were correct.

klh said:
i didnt bother with email until the first week when they said expect alot of uni emails and i logged on and it was empty.
plus i was more infatuated with webct, which wasnt working at the time [wrong password, its your birthday] and pweb which had all that unconfirmed crap.
my birthday???? really... so.. is it the month first or the date? and is it like 1986... or just 86... i was tryin to use my other password
wait wats webct???

Jacks

HSC
Some subjects have there own sort of webpages, or information pages if you like, where lecturers will post notes from lectures, stuff about assignments etc. Not every unit will have one of these on webCT, but for some units students can log onto webCT for a little bit of extra info on units...usually the lecturer is in charge of updating the page etc. That will all be explained to you by your lecturers or tutors if your unit has one of these pages there...and all you do is log in and the units which have one of these pages automatically shows up...there is a link to get to webCT from the students section of the UWS webpage...I'm pretty sure it will tell you there how to log in, and once you've logged in for the first time you can change your password. I'm not sure if any units would be showing up there at the moment though, lecturers mightn't have had a chance to create them as yet.

I checked for you and it says on webCT that Autumn 2005 unit sites won't be listed until 24 February 2005...you can still log in (at least I can as a continuing student) so you can try if you like...though none of your units will be showing yet, and may not have an online component. For your password you use your birthday in the following format 'ddmmyyyy', so if you were born on the 18th of March 1986 like me your password would be 18031986 etc.

Last edited:

Rhi Kate

...!
HSC
Hey, This may be a dumb question but where do i check the units I'm enrolled in. I have activated my UWS Account thingy and it says its enabled but no where there does it say anything about units or anything??????
(Oh and it says when i try Webmail that i don't exist??? :( )

= Jennifer =

HSC

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Don't worry, my units and student email isn't been confirm nor exist yet.

Jacks

HSC
student webmail is not working as yet for new students so you have nothing to worry about there, they are probably just working on getting it up and running, so don't be concerned that it says you don't exist, they're busy getting it ready for you to access I'd say. As far as accessing the units you are enrolled in goes, you have to go to platform web (the link was provided for you above) once you have logged in you click on the "enrolled" link and a table of your units should appear. Don't worry if nothing shows up yet, or if their status is unconfirmed as they may have not been processed yet, in a few days it should be showing as normal. Let us know if you have any problems logging in.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Jacks said:
Don't worry if nothing shows up yet, or if their status is unconfirmed as they may have not been processed yet, in a few days it should be showing as normal.
or you could ring the your student centre straight away like i did the subject may be full they are trying to arrange something for me at the moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)