studying and stuff (1 Viewer)

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
accolade said:
omg. So first year counts towards getting honours??!?!?!
howabout if u screw up first year and then all the other subsequent years u get high marks. Is it possible to get honours?

and thanks for ur advice Ianc .
Check with your school. Honours is generally based on schoolwam (in eng anyway), which applies weights to the years. e.g. fourth year is worth four times first year etc.

I worked hard early, then only needed Ps for last three semesters to get hons1. Others have worked not at all and are now making a big push because 4thyr is worth so much.

Depends how motivated you are.

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Omie Jay said:
Nice one!!!

i'm never motivated. Any way to fix that?
Motivation is internal, the only way to be motivated is... to be motivated. Decide to be the best and don't chicken out because it's too hard or you're lazy. Good things do NOT come to those who wait.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Thinking about the possbility of failing and having to take the course again should be enough to motivate you. Don't forget about having to pay for the course again.

I couldn't think of anything worse than having to retake a subject.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: studying and stuff

Loz_metalhead said:
Thinking about the possbility of failing and having to take the course again should be enough to motivate you. Don't forget about having to pay for the course again.

I couldn't think of anything worse than having to retake a subject.
Getting booted out of UNSW

Tim035

HSC
Science honors is a WAM over 65 for the course of your degree, or if this isn't possible, a WAM >65 for 3rd year subjects.

- I think my biggest motivator is the fact that just a few weeks of hard work will mean i can spend the next 3.5 MONTHS in bliss. Where as if you fuck up a subject, that's another 6 - 8 weeks of study & stress, not to mention probably another $800 on to your hecs fees.
This might not be the smartest thing to say as it may deter some ppl, but a bit of revision and note making for most of the semester makes this time period a hell of a lot easier, as it's mainly just 'refreshing the knowledge'.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
The fact that im gonna fail 2 of my subjects and that im way too lazy is pissing me off lately. Im sure i cant learn 10 weeks of maths in 5 days..

and mechanics is just fucked...

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Omie Jay said:
The fact that im gonna fail 2 of my subjects and that im way too lazy is pissing me off lately. Im sure i cant learn 10 weeks of maths in 5 days..

and mechanics is just fucked...
You can do it. I am learning acct2542 in 4 days...consolidation is killing me!

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I have been cramming for the past 4 days, splitting workload over the my 3 examinable subjects. Pretty grateful I did note taking and stuff during the semester, but feeling pretty pathetic at the moment.

I might try and stuff another 2 weeks of study down and then play some games..or am I already too weak?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)