studying for pre-lim when should i start? (1 Viewer)

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
Add me on msn Jessica.ho93@live.com
Yeah i'm interested in study group. I don't care if its nerdy.. study now.. party later.
just think that when i work my ass off for the course i want, i'll be making a crapload of money and having a great life when i graduate xD haha

Theres a library in north sydney, apparently its good.
(ive been there too but its been a while since ive been to north sydney library so i've forgotten where it is.. but i'll find out where it is soon)

peterj89

HSC
I reckon excell books are useless and waste of money
All you need is syllabus and answers to syllabus found on boredofstudies.
THe rest is revise.
Also, I found out that Cambridge Maths 3u Year 11 &12 is good cos it has real exam style questions and harder. If you buy Cambridge, dont buy 3u AND 2u cos most of 2u is in 3u.

HSC
N/A
Yeah i'm interested in study group. I don't care if its nerdy.. study now.. party later.
just think that when i work my ass off for the course i want, i'll be making a crapload of money and having a great life when i graduate xD haha

(ive been there too but its been a while since ive been to north sydney library so i've forgotten where it is.. but i'll find out where it is soon)

Spot on child.
And i've added you, i'm the one with the weird English hotmail account. i.e. .co.uk :)

gella

HSC
Threads like these make me lose hope in humanity. *facepalm*

You haven't started Year 11 yet and don't until early next year. Already been said a thousand times in this thread but allow me to reiterate: Your teachers don't expect you to know any of the prelim content. Enjoy your break.

HSC
Uni Grad
Really? Where abouts!?
I reckon we should get everyone on BoS who are actually interested in preparing for the pre-lim stuff to have a little study group

:pirate:
well if you want a study group... then perhaps maybe add me too;

check out my profile and it'll have my AIM and msn...

add me if you wish btw =P

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg im like soooooooooooooo gonna keep this email address so i can like stalk u and stuff like that ....??? =P =P =P =P

jeshxcore

HSC
well if you want a study group... then perhaps maybe add me too;

check out my profile and it'll have my AIM and msn...

add me if you wish btw =P
Bahahaha looks like we're aiming the same. Mathematics, Modern History, Legal + Desired atar of >96<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I'll add everyone tonight. I have to go to school soon xD

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You guys should enjoy the rest of Yr 10. It only gets harder from here on in. Go out these holidays. but consolidate your Maths and perhaps, get a headstart by reading your English texts for next year, if your teacher is willing to tell you what texts you're studying.

As for the electives, such as Phys and Chem, there really isn't anything you can do. Yr 10 Science is very very very different to Yr 11 Phys and Chem.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg im like soooooooooooooo gonna keep this email address so i can like stalk u and stuff like that ....??? =P =P =P =P
Bahaha, because that's how normal people react when someone reveals their email ;)

laila09

HSC
HAVE A REST THERE IS NO NEED TO START STUDYING JUST YET!
The official preliminary year does not start until January.
Currently you may be doing little starting pieces of work as prep, but this is not the actual course. The preliminary course only officially goes for 3 terms. Many school's split up their campuses year 7- 10 and year and 12 at another and many students do not have to go to school until next year.
Mnay students wont therefore have even started the course so there is no need to go crazy studying.
REST UP!
Trust me year 11 and year 12 have alot more demands then year 10 and their will be great stress and pressure on you through these years. So you def dont want to be stressing before time and want to be stress free and relaxed when the time starts to begin the course.
There is plenty of time to study in the school year.
YOU NEED A REST.
Otherwise for the 2 years you will feel worn out and rather then doing your best be very drained.
If you are going to ignore this advice and still study anyway which I'm sure alot of you still will I have some advice;

Okay, buy a comprehensive study guide on the subjects you are doing.
eg. 3 unit maths. Have a bit of a review of this and study it.
Most textbooks are fairly comprehensive and give an in depth view of the course. That way you will be ahead of everyone. When purchasing textbooks buy the ones that cover both the preliminary and HSC course. Otherwise you will have to buy more books next year. In my opinion you are also better off with actual textbooks and not study guides. Some of the study guides do not cover certain syllabus points while also do not cover some topics.
Also if possible ask your teacher what texts you will be doing in English. Therefore you can read/watch them and will be able to study during the school year rather than have to read them etc. etc. in the school year.
Also buy a study guide on the novel you are doing and read it. This gives you a great understanding so when assessments come up you will be able to begin them rather then learn it and begin it at the same time
ALSO I think a good idea would be to plan a study schedule. The HSC places many demands on students. If you have a plan you will follow this the whole time and keep on track rather then fall behind and try and catch up with a later study plan which puts you behind and very, very stressed.
eg. have a plan for week one study maths on mondays english tuesdays etc etc. then a quick review of your days work each night.
;)

HSC
Don't worry :) about yr 11 ENJOY your summer holidays!

Start studying early term 3 next year, revision is best at the end of each week, read over what you learnt, wish i did that but i am doing that now

Tofuu

HSC
don't start studying until the end of summer holidays, and even then, just slowly ease into studying

jeshxcore

HSC
yeah i'm going away these coming holidays anwyays.
definatey going to relax and stuff but starting next year i'll probably be at the library once a week or once a fortnight..
just need study group for next year + year 12.
i feel that our year group - year 12 of 2011, are quite competitive.. because most people that i know who are in my year (regardless of the school) are either very very hardworking, or total party-goers.
i'm probably generalizing right now.. but yeah.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Just relax. These last weeks of Year 10 will be the least stressful of your life (not joking). If you're really really keen you could start work in January, but I didn't, and I'm doing just fine. The only thing you can really work on is maths, or read/watch your texts for English if you know them. Everything else is really really different to Year 10. There's heaps of time in Year 11 and 12 for disgusting workloads, so enjoy life now.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Hmm in regards to Laila09's post, and some other peoples.

Trust me year 11 and year 12 have alot more demands then year 10 and their will be great stress and pressure on you through these years. So you def dont want to be stressing before time
If someone were to start preparing now and get in to a regular study routine, im sure most of the stress and pressure can be avoided.

timme

HSC
If someone were to start preparing now and get in to a regular study routine, im sure most of the stress and pressure can be avoided.
Yeah, exactly; well said. I do believe that starting some kind of work (even if you were to just "get your head around" some of the course) it will definitely alleviate some stress and pressure that you may feel. Also will give you a bit of a competitive upper hand when your teacher goes over the content in class ;).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)