studying for pre-lim when should i start? (1 Viewer)

xMaFF

HSC
I agree with the 'starting revision early' part.

What I'd really like to know is what are the texts studied in Adv. English.
*I shall head over and ask in Prelim Adv. English forums later*

I think I'll read a bit in Chemistry / Economics and Physics.

Can't wait 'til Japanese classes ^__^
Japan at the end of the year, *yay!*
Need to start saving up for $4000 though.

But for now, I want to rest.
Feeling a bit lazy, just having done School Cert.

timme

HSC

You'll probably find out soon with the book lists that the school gives out at the end of the year. It has all the books that you need for all of your subjects (the texbooks that you use in class) and you just purchase them

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i got a head start in Term 3/term 4. I learnt all the Year 11 2 unit maths topics in Term 3, and then proceeded to read some stuff on each of my subjects in Term 4.

Getting a head start really helps u. It's a good confidence booster. As u head into Year 11, everyone else will be learning the content whilst you are working on exam technique.

coco la

HSC
I've already started studying for Chemistry. Going to start for Physics sometime this week.

Also, I'm doing HSC 2U Maths because I'm being accelerated :S
well quite the same here i've finished the HSC course for 2 unit advance maths because im intending to do extension 2 maths and i have finished all biology prelim. this is all because im in the excelerated class. so i have to sit for bio and 2 unit advance maths hsc in 11. im starting extension 1 maths in summer holidays. life sucks, oh well it well pay off evevtually, i hope!

coco la

HSC
im hoping if i live to survive to the end the 2011 i would have done extension 1 english, extension 2 maths, biology, physics, and chemistry. im hoping to get over 99 to get in medicine but if i dont i guess i'll be working with my dad as a pharmarcist

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Whoa o__O

2 Extension courses, 1 Extension 2 course, AND all three sciences?? o__O

Life must be stressful...

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
In my opinion.... studying now would be a complete waste of time for Prelim's... Just enjoy your holidays stress-free. I know for sure first day of yr11 is when the real study starts for me, till then I just want to enjoy life a little!!.....

shady145

Banned
HSC
okay, it looks like you really want to study for prelims, if you want to get into a good study routine/developing a study routine, don't get addicted to, to many shows... seriously though its a waste of time putting in heaps of work for prlims, focus on your accelerated subjects the most ... unless you want to hurry up and learn the prliminary course so you can then start the HSC course/get ahead in that and smash everything

aimhigh10

HSC
if i were u guys i would honestly have a break. its gonna be your last major holiday. after this you'll b guaruntee'd to have assignments and assessments in ur holidays and dont bank on term 3 holidays as a break between yr 11 and 12. its absolutely useless. so enjoy your summer, sleeping in, watching tv, cos its gonna start going downhill come first day of yr 11. no one will have expected u 2 have done anything before then. if your keen, read ur english texts and flick through your textbooks, but honestly, relax. i was so much better for giving myself a break before i hit the big time
+1
take a chill pill '11ers

M@ster P

HSC
I reckon do a bit of 2u and 3u maths, since maths is the easiest to self study. For english dw about it. Other than that just relax and try to have fun.

Oobadoo

HSC
If you manage not to procrastinate or perpetually relax start on Chemistry and the English texts. I've started on Prelim Chem and its not that amazingly difficult, and its good to read the Eng texts to farmiliarise yourself with them (covered Shelley and Stoker). I spose it'd be useful to do maths aswell...

Or you could just relax. :D

bubbrubb

HSC
Do nothing. At all.

But if you don't feel like being one of the cool kids...

Just do some maths :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
wat?? that ISNT how normal people react????
..........SHIT i been going about it ALL WRONG!!!!!!! =P
LOL :p

okay, it looks like you really want to study for prelims, if you want to get into a good study routine/developing a study routine, don't get addicted to, to many shows... seriously though its a waste of time putting in heaps of work for prlims, focus on your accelerated subjects the most ... unless you want to hurry up and learn the prliminary course so you can then start the HSC course/get ahead in that and smash everything
+1

Schoey93

HSC

Texts are different for every school in Prelim but some schools do the same texts:party:

So my school (Marian College Online) does:

• Area of Study - Journeys: Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
  • Module A - Continuity and Change: Cambridge School Shakespeare (1995) The Taming of the Shrew London: Cambridge
  • Module B (name unknown): T.S. Elliot's crappy poems (not The Wasteland, which he wrote and it is AMAZING)
  • Module C - Humour: Homer the Heretic (The Simpsons, Episode XY, Season 4) There's another one for Humour too, another cartoon... ohhh it's slipped my mind shit...ooops

Starstruck

HSC
N/A
At our school, I'm pretty sure the texts we study in English are different for each class, as well as obviously being different from other schools, which makes it almost impossible to study in advance for it.

I've already finished Physics and Biology, and I'm about 10% through Chem and Modern. I have to start Maths, but I'm going to procrastinate for as long as possible :)

1/2 Yearly exams are like 1st term next year, so in addition to the increased workload it makes sense to have a thorough look at the course in advance. Especially in the holidays when it's quite stress free and you can go through the course at your own pace, and like skip all the boring bits :)

Besides the holidays get way too boring without something to work on IMO.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
At our school, I'm pretty sure the texts we study in English are different for each class, as well as obviously being different from other schools, which makes it almost impossible to study in advance for it.

I've already finished Physics and Biology, and I'm about 10% through Chem and Modern. I have to start Maths, but I'm going to procrastinate for as long as possible :)

1/2 Yearly exams are like 1st term next year, so in addition to the increased workload it makes sense to have a thorough look at the course in advance. Especially in the holidays when it's quite stress free and you can go through the course at your own pace, and like skip all the boring bits :)

Besides the holidays get way too boring without something to work on IMO.
Enjoy your final stress-free holidays as much as possible and don't burn out. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)