Teacher's Pets (1 Viewer)

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
does anyone have teachers who really like a particular student or students? what kind of stuff do they do and to what extent?
just curious guys :p

elisabeth

HSC
Well, my maths teacher is pretty patronising to the class but really praises her favourite few. She'll try and chat to them, assume they've done the work and whatnot. But meh. It's not too bad.

Um, and I don't want to sound up myself, but I think I am a bit in geog. Mainly because most of the class goof off and I do some work, then goof off ;) He'll sometimes let me go a bit early, listen to my iPod... once, I was really tired (all nighter doing history essays) and he offered to let me sleep in his office. But I didn't. Would've been a bit weird.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
my yr 11 maths teacher
like a dude in his 30s or early 40s was full in love with these 2 girls
they dropped 2 general
then funnily he left the skool at the end of last yr
it was pretty funny tho

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah most of our teachers have faves...just some of them show it more than others. like our drama teacher really dotes on her favourite 4 pupils, but my maths teacher doesnt show it much. theres 2 really smart ppl in our yr that all the teachers love because they're so intelligent.

Trev

stix
HSC
my math teacher teaches both 3u and 4u, and favours the 4u ppl more, like, if i dont do my hw he doesnt get shitty at me :p
and my english teacher favours drama students :vcross:

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
yeah my drama teacher was also my substitute ancient history teacher for the last 3 months....
and so she tended to favour the drama students :D

Mind you, she was also deputy principal....

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Our Business Admin teacher totally loved our class. She took us to Canberra for an excursion and put us up at a 5 star hotel... FOR FREE! But materialism set aside, she totally rocked.

sladehk

le random
HSC
teacher(i don't want to name) always gives full marks(or close to it) to this guy even though he obviously does not deserve it

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
snow in summer said:
does anyone have teachers who really like a particular student or students? what kind of stuff do they do and to what extent?
just curious guys :p
Child protection policy. Any teacher caught giving a student special favours can be reported and it will be dealt with very seriously. Of course, this policy also applies to seniors, so if you go and start beating up or touching or harassing a junior, and you get reported - you're in for it. It goes on your record for life and you won't be able to ever become a teacher, for example.

0Jade0

HSC
My maths teacher tells everone to shut up. But her and this girl spend the whole lesson chatting about bullshit....ah!
This girl who cant even speak english gets choosen for public speaking she is like the schools greatest export..... You can't understand her.... but because its her.. it must be good... she could say "i hate you all i'm gonna fucking kill you" oh 10/10

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
ironically slide rule, thinking back on some of what i've seen or heard of in teacher-petting, there'd be virtually no teacher left in schools if everybody reported them in the name of child protection. about all teachers tend to give some students special favours, just to varying degrees. the other factor being that few students are even aware of this protection rule. they think petting is just part of school life (which it is).
what about student bullying then? what kind of outrageous cruelty have your teachers inflicted on you? anyone ever gotten a teacher in trouble for it?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm sure people have. Because whether or not it sounds like a joke and whether or not the school treats it like a joke, the law certainly doesn't. So if somebody did want to take it further, they could easily do so.

But teachers are aware of this - they are legally requried to be aware.

What you described is termed 'grooming' and whilst teachers aren't meant to be stoic, emotionless machines; constant favours, special treatment or over kindness certainly fall out of the grey area.

By student bullying, I presume you mean the teacher bullying the student? If so, then yes, a lot of times you'll find that teachers get in trouble for it if they take it too far. Normally they'd stop once they are reprimanded, however if they didn't, they'd certainly be up shit creak.

Now, I'm not a proponent for needless utilisation or abuse of the child protection policy, however I am quite glad it exists and people (teachers and students) should be aware of it.

Inferior-nova

HSC
those are teachers being nice to peeple, my biology teacher hates half of the class. She is aways get us in to trouble for poor homework by comparing us to the best kid in the class. Wat do u expect us to become perfect like the top kids, there can only be one person coming first!
There some of us that she really doesn't like and away prepare to get us in trouble like my friend who answered a question correct and she stared at him like she was getting really to shout and then realise that it was a correct answer. Five minutes later she shouts at him for no reason, she real b****.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
I hate sexist teachers, its plain as day what they do then deny it when you confront them, idiots. But we've got this one kid, rather large, he's a real pet. Not that im slack coz hes fat n all but hes a really nasty person if you try and make friends with him, and i remember when we did our yr 10 speeche's his was really un-organised and badly worded but he got top marks for it coz it was about how he was depressed and suicidal and stuff. BS the system is.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
EnGlIsH tEaChEr!

:vcross: My English teacher has a few favs in classes and he saves top marks for them!
If your not his fav; it IMPOSSIBLE to get full marks, no matter how good your work is!

He is such a dick!

Jaydels

HSC
my yr 10 science teacher......he really had something against me but i don't know why i always did work etc. Anyway we had this assignment where we had to design our own experiment and carry it out. I got a really crap mark for mine so I went to talk to him about, not to whinge but just see where I had gone wrong , and he stood there reading it saying, "oh i don't know why I marked you down there, I could have given you a few more marks here, etc". In the end I think my mark changed by about 10%. But there was this other girl in my class, who was clearly his favourite, who printed her experiment off the internet, and got full marks.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
hmm, definitely, english/history teachers are notorious for marking to their fancy.
reading about yours reminded me of my yr 10 history teacher who is infamous within the school community, with both staff and students, for being the ultimate slacko. he favoured a particular table that year and gave them good marks. in our yearlies, he gave me just above a pass in the extended response and wrote 'it's a pity you did not answer the question'. i thought i did and later asked him how could i have addressed the question. he read it "again" and said that i did answer the question but he couldn't change the mark which has already been finalised in the computer. so, obviously he didn't bother reading when marking. that was only school cert and i got an A for history anyway. i never had him since, so i don't care anymore.
once he did get into trouble though, his yr 7 english class last year signed a petition in term 1 reporting him to their year adviser for being racist in class, and talking about periods and menopause lol! (in an all girls' school). some parents later became aware of this and the school somehow systematically suppressed the issue by swapping teachers. he's on 'leave' this year for a whole year. makes me wonder, they should just sack him straight out. my little yr 7 friend leaked it to me that her friend was outside principal's office and heard her say "he's a bitch!" using his full name. double curious.

Jaydels

HSC
I'm quite sure some teachers award marks based on the name on the front. I had this theory that I could probably write some insulting comment towards him in the middle of my work and it wouldn't affect my mark....I was never game to test it though

casualcomedy

HSC
It seems that the running trend is that History/English faculty teachers are the worst and I have to agree. They always seem to have a favourite and always helping them while your left up the back in your seat waving you hand furiously.

Trev

stix
HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
:vcross: My English teacher has a few favs in classes and he saves top marks for them!
If your not his fav; it IMPOSSIBLE to get full marks, no matter how good your work is!

He is such a dick!
lol, do you still put your name on your exam papers? for every english paper we do we're required to put our board of studies number down, so they can't tell who it is when marking (unless its a stupid speech, or this stupid thing we're doing next assessment :vcross: )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)