teaching.. (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
is anyone aware of the new teacher salary increase for public schools
Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 10.07.11 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 10.07.37 pm.png

im lowk interesting in this cus the pay looks good on the higher end but idk how long it would take to get to that point in someone career and stuff and if theres any way to speedrun to principal or something. even head teacher pay is rdecent like surely i instantly get head teacher cus most teachers in a faculty cant even teach right anyone have any advice or opinions instead

WeiWeiMan

HSC
View attachment 41944
View attachment 41945

im lowk interesting in this cus the pay looks good on the higher end but idk how long it would take to get to that point in someone career and stuff and if theres any way to speedrun to principal or something. even head teacher pay is rdecent like surely i instantly get head teacher cus most teachers in a faculty cant even teach right anyone have any advice or opinions instead
Are you genuinely interested in becoming a teacher because of the pay?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Are you genuinely interested in becoming a teacher because of the pay?
no i actually rlly liek teaching so i was thinking teacher.. but teaching pays trashh... but apparantly the salary got increased and i did some further digging and apparantly head teachers and higher are decently paid

WeiWeiMan

HSC
no i actually rlly liek teaching so i was thinking teacher.. but teaching pays trashh... but apparantly the salary got increased and i did some further digging and apparantly head teachers and higher are decently paid
What kinda teacher were you interested in becoming?
Also I feel like teachers aren’t respected enough but that’s just my opinion.

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
idk aus doesn't seem to have a good cultural opinion on teachers vs like asia and like 120k is hmmmm and also if the memes keep degrading past skibidi ...

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
View attachment 41944
View attachment 41945

Bump anyone have proper knowledge on this?
@jimmysmith560 probably pls
also how should I like find what I like doing is there any legit career surveys or resources I can use @jimmysmith560

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
everyone says teachers aren't payed enough (which is sorta true)
but when you tell them how much they are actually paid, they are like 'what, oh thats decent'

idk how any of us are gonna be able to afford to live in Sydney tho, we need to be earning like 400k some reports say

a $2 million mortgage will require you to pay back $120,000 a year for 30 years

so you need to be earning at least twice that

double income households are almost a must now

its possible but tight, and we will have to make plenty of sacrifices and live in apartments

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
You can do a bachelor of arts, commerce, science or really any other degree in the next few years and do tutoring on the side to see if you like it. If you do like it, you can do a masters of teaching. Also, most private schools pay higher than public school salaries iaf salary is a big thing for you.

Additionally, due to the shortage of teachers, particularly stem teachers, NSW DOE does offer a bunch of scholarships.

Hope this helps!

scaryshark09

HSC
private schools pay higher than public school salaries iaf salary is a big thing for you.
it might change by the time you graduate, but atm private schools are offering huge sign-on bonuses as they desperately need teachers

Ksalu

HSC
also just my take, I don't think you should do teaching for undergrad because you wouldn't have much "real world experience" and when you graduate, you would essentially just be an older kid teaching younger kids.

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
explaim

260k principal or even 160 for head teacher...
depending on area as @oml said, students can be real pieces of shit compared to other countries (mainly comparing to asia as yk discipline and respect for teachers is prominent there) – i've heard of students giving death threats etc n general lack of respect
everyone says teachers aren't payed enough (which is sorta true)
but when you tell them how much they are actually paid, they are like 'what, oh thats decent'
need to consider that it isn't just class time teaching, it's lesson prep, safety checks, writing stupid little report comments, etc; lot of unreported work
idk how any of us are gonna be able to afford to live in Sydney tho, we need to be earning like 400k some reports say
moving out of syd asap 🤩

its possible but tight, and we will have to make plenty of sacrifices and live in apartments
i like apartments but also i don't trust myself with balconies and high elevation

scaryshark09

HSC

sorry ive got this wrong

a $2 million mortgage will require you to pay back $188,000 a year for 30 years

remember this is after tax, so you need to be earning a crazy amount and have $0 in living expenses

dav53521

HSC
also just my take, I don't think you should do teaching for undergrad because you wouldn't have much "real world experience" and when you graduate, you would essentially just be an older kid teaching younger kids
I mean you can't really get real world experince until you actually start teaching and I think some unis have work experince integrated into their degrees so teaching graduates will have some experince teaching.

Ksalu

HSC
i meant real world experience not in the sense of work experience but in the sense that you spend so much of ur youth and adulthood in a high school and not doing anything else outside of a high school? I feel like it would be great to have a better perspective of life than just high school if u get what i mean

anyways, just my take

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)