Template for a proposal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Template for a proposal:

Quote-make it some quote that is relevant to writing or the writing process. It could be serious and inspirational or of another variety (the one I used last year was "the trick to writing is getting that voice inside your head that says 'thats no good, stupid' to shutup long enough for you to get something down on paper"-Kate Grenville. The one I included in my reflection statement was "What is written without effort is generally read without enjoyment").

Introduction-make it brief and justify your reasons for taking the course and what you hope to achieve by the end of it (growth as a writer and crap like that). Also briefly introduce your medium and loose idea.

Body-In this you will discuss several aspects of your work. Use a seperate paragraph for each.
Medium-Identify your medium and justify why you chose it (i.e. you are strong in this area, or it is an area that interests you)
Idea-Identify the general gist of what you will be writing about, even if it is just the area. Talk about why you chose this, and how your medium will aide in you exploring this idea
Methodology-How you will go about constructing your major work. Include areas such as research (into both the area AND the medium), planning, inspiration, and any mentors or people you will turn to for advice.

Conclusion- Sum up your intentions in no more than 1 or 2 sentences and reaffirm what it is you hope to achieve by doing this course (in different words to what you used in the intro, but make sure you assert that this course is a 'wonderful opportunity to explore your passions and interests')

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Thanks braindrained Ash! I will certainly take my teacher's opinions into account. I couldn't go to my last 4 unit lesson, so I need to catch up with my teacher. Mine is due in three weeks and I'm really getting scared!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Ours are worth 10%. But for me...any percentage makes me stress! I'm going to crack before I even hit the start of next year!

Our proposal word limit is 1,500. Is that what everyone else has/had?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
I did my first draft and it's about 10, 000 words long. Actually, that's an exaggeration! :p But seriously, the word limit is good. I'm actually enjoying writing my proposal! My tutor reckons is the best opportunity to waffle on, coz you don't know EXACTLY what you want to do.

Waffling sounds good!

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hhehhe, one of the requirements is for you to write a proposal, then research, and completely change your work from the results of the research. I think. So i think waffling is good right now.

babii > girl

proposal

hi everyone..
could someone please send me their proposal statement so that i can take a look at it?? cause im not quite sure how i shoud structure it... so i need ideas...

kula

Our's is only 600-800 words. With that limited amount, what do you think I should focus on, and spend more time on?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Ours was 10/50 (20%)

Was 650 words initially.
We bitched.

Teacher changed it to 1500 words :)

D

Desperado

Ours is worth 20%and is 1000 words :s
i only just figured out my idea a few days ago so i really have no idea what im doing.....
actually no...
i think the word is bullshitting :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)