The 2005 CSSA` (1 Viewer)

Haku

wat? everyone was strapped for time?
well i finished the test with 20min to spare...thats to say almost, like 1-5all and qustion 6 and question 7 each only did like 1/4. i didn;t study for it...so i thought the test was quite easy, just that i did not have enough knowledge.

in that time i was bored so i thought about i have to do eng exams again, so i was writing a damn creative peace on y i can;t do it and how i journey through math and shit...it was all stuffed up, and its two pages, even got labels like question 6 and 7

if i am luky ill get 60percent..by the way which is like the highest i got for 3u

David_O

HSC
N/A
ishq said:
YAY!
*hugs fractions*

David - You seem extremely smart
What did you get for T in the last projectile question?
I didn't get the question out...
because my school gave a replacement question.

Anyone have the q?

Trev

stix
HSC
t = x/(Vcos(alpha/beta); x = 240, V = 60
cos(alpha) = 1/√5; cos(beta) = 1/√2
t = 4/cos(alpha/beta)
&there4;t<sub>alpha</sub>=4√5; t<sub>beta</sub>=4√2
T = t<sub>alpha</sub> - t<sub>beta</sub>
= 4(√5-√2), whatever that is on calc. That's right, yeah?

Last edited:

ishq

brown?
HSC
Thats exactly what my friend got.
*sigh*
looks like my take on the question was wrong... i got 6sqrt2...
I substituted T into the original equations - and put in values of alpha and beta...and because the initial velocity was the same ...i thought it would work that way...
i was wrong *sigh*
Thats 2 marks?

EDIT: I know what I did wrong! CARELESS ME!!! I substituted the value for sine alpha, not sine BETA! uhhh....i HATE silly mistakes! :(:(:(

Last edited:

richz

Trev said:
t = x/(Vcos(alpha/beta); x = 240, V = 60
cos(alpha) = 1/√5; cos(beta) = 1/√2
t = 4/cos(alpha/beta)
&there4;t<sub>alpha</sub>=4√5; t<sub>beta</sub>=4√2
T = t<sub>alpha</sub> - t<sub>beta</sub>
= 4(√5-√2), whatever that is on calc. That's right, yeah?
yeah i think i got that too :)

lum

HSC
worst 3unit test ever, damn i'm so freakin disappointed...

Ghost1788

HSC
i was happy there were so many show questions those questions the marks are practically given to you.. i hope the HSC is like that...

jlee

HSC
hey guys geez i thought maths 3u CSSA trial was a breeze compared to the 4u one the day before. i do phys and still just decided to leave the resisted motion q out. anyways for 3u i did everything cept for the n=k+1 step in induction and the binomial at the end and the first part of related rates...my teacher thinks that this yrs paper was really good...compared to past yrs...and apparently 4u was "doable"...yet i didnt find it like that...o wells just see how i go relative to everyone else

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Well, looks like I messed the 1a) limit question, probably last part of question c and first part of smh motion one. Apart from those and possibly the projectile motion with T and stuff, very swee. Hoping to get 75/84ish, will be happy with 70 out of 84.

jlee

HSC
o i got my 3u back
very happy topped my small class of 13...with 72/84 for the catholic trial but for 4u i came last lol...my teacher goes u might as well keep 4u since i did the 2u as well and forgot the formula lol...o well u can say the catholic paper was good for 3u "doable"

~'.:naya:.'~

HSC
jlee said:
o i got my 3u back
very happy topped my small class of 13...with 72/84 for the catholic trial but for 4u i came last lol...my teacher goes u might as well keep 4u since i did the 2u as well and forgot the formula lol...o well u can say the catholic paper was good for 3u "doable"
omg no way that unbelievable! top in our class wat 55% by an abnormally smart person so must be crazy!

Last edited:

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
can anyone pls post the CSSA 2005, because i did the independant paper 2005.pls

lum

HSC
for question 6biii) (the qs about whether the particle is moving towards/away O and moving faster/slower), i gave the correct answer, and showed the answer by drawing a sin curve graph, the position of the object at t=0 and also a vector representing its direction. now i lost a mark as i didnot find what the actual displacement (x) and velocity (v) values were, but wouldn't providing a graph be adequate?

VQ

HSC
Hux...haven't got any....in fact, we r going to re-sit the exam for technical reason i.e. we r late doing the trial and for the reason of security...our cssa paper would not count >.< MX1 would be next Friday (and the teacher has promised us higher level of questions)

Actually, I was quite confident in the last paper, except that I did not manage to do the binomial in the end, and as usual flunk in the probability....(or whatever it is called)... did mistake also in T value (silly one...why should I write 3 for 240/60?)...well, whatever, it doesn't count..... >.<

MX1-MX2-Chem, Phys, ESL, IBS
Aim for UAI: 99.75
Realistic target UAI: 90++

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)