The BOS HSC Workshop (Poll included) (1 Viewer)

Are you going?

• Yes

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Thinking about it

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
probably wouldve came, but due to tutoring commitments, i wont make it...

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I want to, but I'm no where near the area where it's being held. What annoys me is that I am going to Sydney 1 1/2 weeks before the Sydney seminar, very peeved!

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Hey Guys,

You only have just over a week to get in with the $99 Early Bird special. Make sure you get your tickets before the school group bookings to ensure a spot!

Any questions about the seminar feel free to ask.

Sophie

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
what is the deadline of the purchase of the ticket?

I have visited the page but couldn't clearly see.

Thanks.

BTW, can you also briefly estimate how many people might be attending? (PM me if it should remain as a confidential), thanks~

BOSSSSS

HSC
^I think its the 14th for the Early Bird Discount. I'm going! It looks pretty good.

I didn't know you could get movie tickets. devo...

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Yes the deadline for early bird tickets is the 14th of February.

Normal priced tickets, BOS premium members tickets and group booking will all be on sale until a few days before the seminar.

We can fit a maximum of 330 people in the lecture theatre, so we are aiming for that amount of people.

But like I said, we are expecting group bookings soon, so it is better to buy your tickets sooner rather than later as these should fill most of the spaces.

Hope you guys can come, it's definetlly worth it:)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mine are (Y)

we should walk around with a nametag with our username on it.
My mum is still considering it. But I will eventually get her to say Y.

I hope I see you guys if I do go. :)

BTW, I like your suggestion.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
going to this automatically labels you as a scrub
geez, you seemed to have forgoteen that they formed the website where you are currently posting now!

Say that to the BOS authorities who organised this

grannycardigan

HSC
i really want to go...but are they all in sydney??
i live about 10hours away..so far to travel...are there any others happening anywhere else around NSW???

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
geez, you seemed to have forgoteen that they formed the website where you are currently posting now!

Say that to the BOS authorities who organised this
on the description it says
-Decipher HSC questions - what do they "really" want? Crack the code for what is required for Band 6 responses
hence going to this suggests that you are unable to provide band 6 responses, labelling you as a scrub

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
on the description it says
-Decipher HSC questions - what do they "really" want? Crack the code for what is required for Band 6 responses
hence going to this suggests that you are unable to provide band 6 responses, labelling you as a scrub
Being unable to understand even the simplest description labels you as a scrub. It simply suggests that it will help you to understand the what's expected of you when it comes to good responses. It doesn't mean that you can't get a band 6 response. It's stupid how you cannot even sense the most prominent element of marketing - use of a persuage language.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Now now guys, why don't we put this energy into studying rather than arguing over something that is completely based upon each-to-their-own opinion.

Going to this seminar doesn't label you as anything, we are simply created it to HELP you get better marks. Even if you think you already write at band 6 level there is always room for improvement. Doing my HSC last year I realised how hard it really is to get band 6, no matter how good your language and ideas are, they really are looking for specific details that put you into that top part of the state.

As to the question of whether we are holding any out of Sydney, I'm sorry to say we are not. I'm sure if you search around or ask your school there will be something near you. Or you could plan a weekend in the city and come to ours, like a mini holiday! :)

shayla

HSC
I hate the fact that i live so far from sydney and that its expensive....

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Now now guys, why don't we put this energy into studying rather than arguing over something that is completely based upon each-to-their-own opinion.

Going to this seminar doesn't label you as anything, we are simply created it to HELP you get better marks. Even if you think you already write at band 6 level there is always room for improvement. Doing my HSC last year I realised how hard it really is to get band 6, no matter how good your language and ideas are, they really are looking for specific details that put you into that top part of the state.

As to the question of whether we are holding any out of Sydney, I'm sorry to say we are not. I'm sure if you search around or ask your school there will be something near you. Or you could plan a weekend in the city and come to ours, like a mini holiday! :)
lol thankyou for that convenient promotional plug

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i've got one.

i'm going to find you on the day your realise namu?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)